“Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (US 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Holiday Inn Main Gate East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Albany, New York
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

First the speedy check-in, no waiting,hassel, questions nothing! cheche in and keys and off to the room! second the pool, playground area, beautiful, clean, well maintained. Third. the room decent housekeeping staff kept it tidy all 5 days no muss, or fussbeds were comfy room was clean. and the Mickey waffles were a hit with my family. overall great place to stay 15 min from Disney, 20 from seaworld. convient location!!!!!

Room Tip: higher floors have balcony access
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. It is always nice to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations from a service and cleanliness standpoint. Again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Orlando area.

845 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Schenectady, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean and was very nice in size and appearance. The breakfast provided in the morning was one of the best I have experienced. Overall I very much enjoyed the stay and I would gladly stay here again. It was an excellent experience and it was very good location to all the various surrounding attractions. Manger Stephen Zuravin made sure that our needs were met and made the experience at this Hotel a memorable one. I would recommend friends that travel to that area for any reason to stay at this hotel. From the time we arrived to the time we left everyone at the hotel made us feel welcome and made our experience a great one.

Room Tip: Pool View Room is a nice touch!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. We are pleased that you found the hotel very clean and you especially enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Your comments regarding the service from our staff are very rewarding as we work very hard to enhance the guest experience at all times.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I were on vacation and most vacations when we go to hotels we never feel welcome or that people cared about us because we are young. But this hotel treated us how we should be treated. In fact they went above and beyond the call of duty in their service and hospitality. Stephen Zuravin, one of the staff at the hotel was very customer service friendly. Any request we asked he took care of right away without hesitation. We were also checked in on by the manager to make sure everything was going well. The location of the hotel was also excellent as it was close enough to the tourist attractions but also to convenient stores such as Walmart. And while the food and drinks at the hotel were excellent there are also many food places around the hotel that are easy to get to.

All around this hotel is a great place to stay at if you are staying in Florida. And we will continue to go to this hotel for the coming years of vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were very satisfied with the customer service and the attention given to youby one of our managers. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Food & Beverage facilities along with our location to other restaurants and shops. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando area.

south florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Came up for a quick stay again, and while I really had quite a few terrible experiences (please read other review from last year for that one...) at this hotel, we were really not needing frills, just easy access to the highway, as we were doing lego land and disney.

Let me say all the good things:
it seems we may have had an "upgrade" - there was LOTS of space, which, with a toddler, is NICE. however, we were not able to get two beds, but luckily, i was traveling with my mother, so sharing was not an issue.
We had called early on to request a crib, which I was told would be a pack and play, and to my delight, was a REAL mini crib, which is always our preference. It was ready and waiting for us when we got in, which was nice because it was late.
Love the split bathroom with the sink outside the toliet/shower area. this is key with a toddler, as someone can do teeth, hair etc and still keep an eye on him, while the other showers!
The kitchenette was a NICE bonus, and we were very grateful, as we travel with snacks and waters every time.

On to the "bad"
The room, while decently upgraded is not clean. I mean, its "clean" as far as no stains etc, however, there was garbage still on the floors, nightstands etc when coming in.
I found out on day 2, that this is HUGE issue with housekeeping, as they left ALL the garbage on the nightstands again (c'mon, it was a candy wrapper, throw it OUT!) And did not attempt to do much other than make the bed. They left bedding we had removed from the crib after an unfortunate moment where my son got sick on the floor and they did NOT attempt to make or even give a sheet for his barren bead. (only mattress, so clearly, it should have been made.
The elevators are still very very unsteady, slow and overall "scary" - if you read one of my other reviews I mention this portion, where the elevators were broken and stuck for hours, where a CHILD (namely mine at that time) could have slipped through and fallen. This luckily seems to be fixed, but they feel ready to break every single time you ride on them - very unnerving and i wound up on the stairs most of the time.
Also, I mentioned in a previous review that the floors with laundry service are SOOO hot in the direct hallway. A door or something MUST be installed!!!!! it has to somehow keep that heat from overtaking you off the elevator. For someone like my asthmatic son, he needs a treatment if he is exposed to such heavy air, especially when damp. Please, I implore someone. ADD DOORS TO THOSE AREAS SO THE HEAT CAN NOT ESCAPE AS MUCH!!
Do not expect "concierge" service. I guess you shouldn't at that price, but really... its a nice addition, especially when there are 5 people standing at the counter just kind of talking and hanging out- im willing to tip, just help me and my mother lug this stuff upstairs, since you know, its midnight and we have a toddler!!!
The front desk is a joke. it doesnt seem much has changed since my last review in the way of this. The staff is still generally not helpful. you can still see them in the doorway, laughing, chit chatting and yet, here I am, standing in line, just waiting to ask a question while the ONE rep in the front area is done with the 3 other people ahead of me.

overall, i wouldnt stay here willingly. If i got it on hotwire, i would not be completely mad, as I know what to expect. I would prefer quite honestly to stay next door, for similar price and MUCH better accommodations, at the radisson. There are too many other choices to stay in Orlando, to stay here if you do not like what you are reading.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
On behalf of all of us here at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East we would like to thank you for your recent stay with us and for providing your feedback regarding your experience. We are pleased to hear that you and your family overall were satisfied with the layout of the room. We would like to sincerely apologize for any issues that you may have encountered during your stay and we would like to inform you that we have started as of this month, renovating the elevators here at the property as well as updating and installing some new HVAC units to help improve the overall comfort in the main areas of the hotel. Our goal is to provide great service to all of our guests and to exceed your expectations throughout your entire stay. We once again apologize for not exceeding your expectations and we hope that in the future you and your family will give us another chance to make our property your home away from home. If you would like to discuss your experience further please feel free to contact me directly @ brad.boland@whg.com

Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Last month my car was in an accident during a trip to Disney World. Almost three weeks later, I had to travel the 800+ miles to pick it up. While I always stay at a Disney Resort while in Florida, since this was not a Disney vacation, I stayed off property.

I used one of those coupon travel books to find a hotel in the area and ended up at this Holiday Inn. I thought the location was perfect, I ended up spending one day in the parks and evenings at Downtown Disney so the location was absolutely perfect within a mile or so of the property.

The gentleman that checked me in was pleasant, he seemed a little uncomfortable but pleasant enough. The view wasn't perfect, over-looking the dumpsters in the back and the other "tower".

I ordered from the convenient Pizza-Hut in the building, and while waiting decided to go upstairs and throw some bags in the room. Just as I closed the door to leave the room about a minute later, I realized that I left the receipt for me food in the room. I couldn't get back in because, just that quickly, my keys would not work!

A trip to the front desk revealed they had done "something" outside my room while I was gone and needed to reset my keys. Does this make sense to you? It didn't to me either, since my keys had just worked to let me in the room about a minute before I left again and couldn't get back in. After that, it took a little bit of playing with the keys before the door would unlock and slamming the door to get it to catch. I pushed chairs in front of the door each night for added security.

The TV didn't play well. At first I thought I was watching a picture that "bleeped" out the bad parts then realized it seem like there was just a poor cable connection. It was a bit annoying, but since I wasn't in the room that much...I let them know when I checked out.

I left the "do not disturb" sign on my door the entire three days and it was honored.

I also didn't like the fact that the bathroom door was about three to four feet from one of the beds and the fact there was no "changing" area so whenever I wanted to shower or change clothes I had to make sure the shades were pulled shut.

Overall, it wasn't bad. It was definitely worth what I paid for it. The staff was friendly and smiled and waved at me everytime I walked by. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed your overall stay. We apologize that you had problems with your door lock and TV. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

We hope you will stay with us again on yur next trip to the Orlando area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We needed a place for last minute, and found a great deal on this hotel. I must say with disney proximity and offering the quality great deal for everybody.
At cheking Doug was very friendly and made our first impression of the place A+. The rooms are clean and just what you needed.
We got the stay including breakfast and it was well worth, not like other "including" breakfast places. This one had little bit of everyhing and for kids they have freshly made waffles.
There is also playground on the site and kids game room making it kids friendly.
Also small well stock shop with everything traveler might need and some.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn MainGate East. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff attentive as well as the hotel very clean. We will be sure and pass on your comments to Doug on how helpful he was. Your positive comments on the breakfast buffet are very refreshing.

We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to the area.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for the third time and I must say that the hotel´s public areas, corridors and the room were clean. The Staff as always very friendly and willing to go the extra mile. I was recognized as I checked in and they are always willing to go the extra mile. It is a great value!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff exceeeded your expectations.

We will share your positive feedback with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando area.

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area? Share your experiences!