“Keep driving!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (US 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Holiday Inn Main Gate East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #21 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
“Keep driving!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Well, we stayed here for 3 nights to be close to family but not on top of them. It was OK. The comforter had a small blood stain on it....ok...totally gross. Went to have breakfast and the woman at the register was RUDE as can be. When she asked for money we had no problem but wanted to know why we had to pay when we had already paid with our reservations. No biggie...we paid the extra money "because there were hot items on our tray". We sit down and she and her manager are clearly talking about us. I went to the front to complain about their customer service and they were very nice and said they would get the manager. Of course it was the same guy at the restaurant. Lead by example....customer service is primo where I come from. Do yourself a favor...save the money and eat at Starbucks...nice atmosphere and you know its good food.
Hope this helps....M

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am disappointed to read that your guest experience was less than satisfactory during your recent stay. Your comments regarding housekeeping & the restaurant have already been shared with the department manager's so that we can ensure this type of situation will not happen in the future. I hope that you will try us again if you come back to the Orlando area, as this was not typical of our normal guest experience. Please feel free to call me directly if you have further comments or concerns. 407-396-4222 or brad.boland@whg.com.

872 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we first got to the room the AC was not on and we had trouble with it and had to call front desk to have maintenance come check it. they ended up needing to replace the unit but that was the only problem with our room. we stayed in a kidsuite and the kids loved the bunk beds. We stayed two nights and spent most of our time at Disney. Took advantage of the pool one night and it is a good size. It is close to Disney and McDonalds is a short walk next door. Good location. We would definitely stay here again if we visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. First of all, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially, our Kid’s Suite. I am glad that we were able to replace your AC quickly upon your arrival. Our staff is committed to providing quality service to our guests and I especially appreciate your comments on your stay and the facilities. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to Orlando.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Maintenance and housekeeping need to be improved. They knock once and Barge in. Requested roller bed, front desk said, Not a Problem they'll have someone deliver to the room, waited 2 hours, had to call front desk again come to find out they had no more roller beds but they forgot to call to tell us. SERVICE NEEDS TO IMPROVE ...

• Stayed June 2013
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you had such a disappointing stay. It is always our number one priority to provide an exceptional guest experience and it is clear that it did not happen in this case. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally to further discuss your experience at 407-396-4222 or e-mail to brad.boland@whg.com. Again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon.
Brad Boland
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had an opportunity to visit & stay at the Holiday Inn MGE in March (28-31) after a major operation and to make a long story short: "It was like home away from home." I book in advance to make sure I can get a room. This hotel is quite busy and I sometimes have to keep checking for availability; that's how in high demand they are. The hotel staff members are awesome; (and yes I always get folks’ names to know whom I speak to).
Brad Boland, Diana Tobin, Jessica, Chantal & Brittany: Thank you for keeping the MGE hotel operating like a well-oiled engine. You’re all smooth operators and a pleasant, professional staff. Kudos to you all! 
I can't stress enough how much this hotel has to offer from a family and business perspective. Their amenities are always operable. The large pool, kiddie pool and hot tub are always clean with more than enough seating & towels available. The gymnasium, kid's arcade & kiddie theater area are always clean and operable. Forgot your toothbrush? There’s a neat gift shop across from the front desk to purchase items from gum to portable luggage. Their in-house restaurant is quick, convenient and good meals. I’ve never had the need or opportunity to reserve their conference rooms but they are quite large and professionally decorated. I have used their local Wi-Fi and internet services.
I took advantage of room service for food deliveries since I mostly stayed in the room and my family went to the parks and shopped in the area. One secret, you're better off eating at the hotel than at the parks if you want to save ALOT of money. One thing we experienced during this stay I must share is when the huge 24 hour McDonald’s restaurant next door had a small fire in the middle of the night. The hotel staff was on point and notified all concerned guests that it would not affect our stay. My little son was disappointed that he might not get his “happy meal” the next day. Well, we were shocked to see that they closed down for about six hours to do some minor repairs to the grill that caught on fire and sure enough they were up and running just in time for lunch. We all know how much small kids are obsessed with happy meals (but mainly the toys). 
Once again, the hotel is located in a great area: A convenient bus picks you up to take you to & from the major amusement parks. They are in walking distance to at least 5+ fast-food restaurants, gifts shops galore, a couple of flea markets, Nike Outlet, Walmart, Walgreens. Across the street is Fun Spot & Old Town arcade & amusement parks if you don’t want to go to Disney and the other big parks. On rainy or bad weather days, you still can have a ball inside the hotel with their amenities as mentioned above.
I’m not a paid advertiser for anyone and have no personal or business relationship with this establishment; just a wife and mom who knows how to ensure that my family enjoys their mini vacations as much as possible with great memories. You don’t always have to spend a lot to have a lot (or spend a lot to get good quality service).
Best Wishes...

Room Tip: Book in advance and inform reservations of what amenities you wish to have like a refrigerator, micr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you were back to stay with us again and enjoyed our staff & facilities. It is always gratifying to read such positive comments about our employees. They work very hard to provide the highest level of service to our guests and I know they will be especially excited to know they were personally mentioned in your comments. I will be sure to share your positive comments with them. Based on your feedback I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

There was a fast and friendly check in ! also provided was a Welcome gift for Priority Club members. Our room was updated and freshly redecorated . The Beds were very good as well. Close to the Disney Parks and also area attractions

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and service. We are glad the location to the local attractions worked well for you. We also appreciate your status as a Priority Club member. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the Orlando area!
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Great place if you are going to Disney. Close to many eateries, and attractions. Price is super competitive in the area. I think I paid $40 per night. Hotel is a little loud. It is big and because it is Disney there is lots going on at all times. Pool is open late and there is food available inside really late!

Room Tip: Plenty of parking in the back
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always gratifying to read such positive comments. We are pleased you enjoyed our location, local restaurants and our facilities. Please visit us again on your next visit to Orlando.
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for a week in late May. The location was great because it's a short distance from anything you need to go. Getting into the parking lot was tough at times, since you have to use a frontage road or make a U turn.

Check in was easy, despite them being slammed with people. They have a Pizza Hut/A&W Express inside for a quick, but pricey, bite to eat. The room that we had was pretty standard king bed. Nothing bad or amazing.

I did try to use their business center to print off some tickets online, but you have to pay by the minute and in order to do that you have to buy a card inside the center. When I used it, the machine was out of order so I was unable to use the computer. I called the front desk and they were more then happy to help me print the tickets off at the front desk.

They do have shuttle service to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. We opted to drive since the shuttle schedule was not convenient for us at all. You can buy tickets in the lobby to Disney, but not at a discount. The only advantage is you don't have to stand in line at the park to buy tickets to get in.

All in all, this is a very nice place to stay and would do it again.

Room Tip: Rooms in tower 2 are newer
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy that you found our location to be convenient for visiting Disney and you enjoyed the hotel facilities and offerings. I do apologize that you had a problem with the business center, but pleased that our staff was accommodating and handled your printing at the desk. Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Orlando.

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area? Share your experiences!