My husband and I went to Florida for a week in October 2012 to celebrate our one year anniversary and long awaited honeymoon.
The hotel was so cheap and convenient. We spent one day in Sea World, one day at Universal Studios and three days at Disney World.
When we told them it was our one year anniversary (we arrived on that date) and our honeymoon they upgraded us to a suite. The suites are beautiful and comfortable. We slept very well and service was great.
There is a pool outside (which we used every evening), a kid's pool and a hot tub. The gift shop was very nice. There is a Pizza Hut and A&W located in the hotel but we didn't use it since there was so many places to eat near by!
There is a shuttle that will take you to Disney World, Universal and Sea World for $15 a person. They will drop you off in the morning and pick you up in the evening. We used this for Sea World and Universal but we used the nearby bus system to go to Disney and Downtown Disney.
The bus system runs until 11pm and it's $2 a person one way and one route takes you directly to the TCC which is right outside Disney's Magic Kingdom. From there you can take the bus or monorails to the other parts of Disney World.
The location of Kissimmee is fabulous. It's directly across from two amusement parks, Old Town was fantastic. There are also several malls for shopping, especially great for souvenirs, and plenty of places to eat including a Red Lobster and Denny's. Logan's was an incredible steakhouse just down the road!
When we go back to Florida we will definitely be staying at this hotel again. :)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn, Main Gate East, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn, Main Gate East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.