“Not New” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (US 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Holiday Inn Main Gate East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Dundee, OR
“Not New”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Their advertisement claims to be "the newest Holiday Inn close to Walt Disney World" It is not new and ranks as one of the worst experiences we have had during our travels and visits around the country. The place was noisy and sounded like a party place. No restricts or request for any quiet hours and it was noisy throughout the night. Also military discount rooms are located next to the elevators in both towers. Cheaper rate but you get what you pay for - noise and poor rooms. They claim to have complimentary scheduled transportation to "Walt Disney World, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney Hollywood Studio, Disney Animal Kingdom and Lake Buena Vista Outlet Stores" Well, the transportation only went to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Also there was absolutely nothing complimentary as far as food, drinks or coffee. Everything was priced. A cup of coffe was $2.00. Inexspensive room rate but they catch with a price on everything else. I will say the staff were friendly and helpful

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly disappointed any time that we receive a negative review, but we welcome all opportunities to improve our products and services and to clarify any misunderstandings with our customers. Our number one priority is to provide an exceptional guest experience and obviously we fell short of this expectation in your case.

Just to clarify your concerns regarding transportation, the hotel does have complimentary shuttle service to all of the Walt Disney World theme parks, and transportation is also available to Universal Studios and Sea World for a nominal cost. I apologize that you were not made aware of these services during your stay as it clearly had a negative impact on your experience with us.
I do hope that you will consider staying with us again if you return to the Orlando area. If you have any further comments or suggestions I would be happy to speak with you personally. I can be reached at 407- 396-4222 or email brad.boland@whg.com.

843 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this hotel because of it's location to Disney World and the cost. I paid $110/night. The location was good. Lots of chain restaurants nearby, as well as a grocery store, and drug store. I felt it was a safe area. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

However, the housekeeping staff walked into my room twice after knocking and not waiting for an answer. They did not leave washcloths 3 out of the 5 days. Frankly, the room just wasn't clean and the entire property felt worn out and dingy.

I would not recommend this hotel and will not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
I am so sorry and disappointed to read that your guest experience was less than satisfactory during your recent stay. Your comments regarding our housekeeping staff have already been shared with the department manager so that we can ensure this type of situation will not happen in the future. We are glad to hear that you found our location convenient to the theme parks and local restaurants. I hope that you will try us again if you come back to the Orlando area, as this was not typical of our normal guest experience. Please feel free to call me directly if you have further comments or concerns. 407-396-4222 or brad.boland@whg.com.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Got to hotel and the staff was very good. Eric helped us out alot. He took our luggage got us a cab an went up and above the call of duty. The staff was been good. The pool was clean and so were the rooms. The location is good. There are alot of places to eat nearby. Al within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always gratifying to read such positive comments about our employees, and I know that Eric will be excited to hear that he was mentioned specifically. Providing exceptional guest service and a positive guest experience is our top priority and I am so happy to hear that that we met your expectations. Please visit us again on your next visit to Orlando.
Ipswich, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here after flying into Orlando from London on our way to the Gulf Coast.
Reception was quick and very friendly.
The room was very clean, comfortable and of reasonable size.
We were only there for one night but I would have been happy to use it for a one or two week family holiday break as it is well located for all the Orlando attractions. It also looked to have good faciilities for families in the hotel.
While this is not the Ritz, I would happliy use this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone looking for resaonably priced holday accomodation

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our close proximity to Orlando attractions along with a reasonable room rate are mentioned frequently in our reviews and I am glad that you found these statements to be true. I hope that you have an enjoyable and memorable vacation while in the United States. Hope to see you again soon.
Cooper City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was okay, could have been cleaner. carpet was dirty, sheets had hairs/holes/lumpy, lamp shades dirty, remote was sticky. We paid $65 a night and I don't think you can find much better for that price. We got it from a wholesale website but the current rate at the hotel was $113 and I would have got a refund and found a better one for that price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very happy that you found our location to be convenient for visiting Disney and the room rate to be affordable. I am very disappointed however to hear that the condition of your room was not up to our usual stand of care. I will definitely share your comments will the appropriate department managers, as it is our number one priority to provide a pleasing stay for our guests. I hope that you will consider trying us again if you return to the Orlando area. And please feel free to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns. Brad.boland@whg.com or (407) 396-4222.
Miami, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I don't know it is because we have asked for the super clean room or not, we end up got the room with lots of dust and smell mildew in bathroom. I see hair in the bathtub see food stain in the fridge. It's quite unpleasant to stay at this hotel with respect to the room.

However the location and breakfast are fantastic and service response time when call for is fast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory stay at our hotel. I can assure you that your experience was not typical of our normal standard of cleanliness for our guest rooms and I am very disappointed to hear this. We really do appreciate the fact that you brought this matter to our attention and please know that your comments have been passed on to our housekeeper for further review. If you return to Orlando, I hope that you will try us again as I am sure you will find this was an unfortunate isolated incident. If you have further comments or concerns, feel free to contact me at (407) 396-4222 or brad.boland@whg.com.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Loved the location of the hotel. Right across the street from Old Town, nice place to walk around in the evening. Hotel was clean and well staffed when we stayed there. Close to attractions and decent restaurants. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are pleased that you found our location to be convenient for visiting the local attractions and restaurants. Hope to see you again on your next trip to the area.

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area? Share your experiences!