“Best Deal in the Area” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area

You added Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (US 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Holiday Inn Main Gate East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, FL
“Best Deal in the Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was here with a friend after a long drive and walking for hours in Mt.Dora, FL(antiques&collectibles). I alleviated that long drive home by combining an overnight in Kissimmee, FL. approx. a 1hr+ drive from Mt.Dora. This hotel is more than I expected; since, I hadn't been to a Holiday Inn for over 20yrs. The staff from check-in to check-out were pleasant, helpful, courteous, and efficient. This hotel is near a variety of restaurants, stores and activities for adults and children. The entrance appearance is great and parking is adequate for the hotel size. The room rate was a Groupon with a great rate; yet, the regular rate would be well worth the stay. The hotel is clean and we walked all around it. The room and bathroom was immaculate! The bed was very comfortable; which is important to me due to my back problems. Air-conditioning worked well and not noisy.
I very highly recommend the Holiday Inn Main Gate for a wonderful hotel experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel. Our close proximity to restaurants and activities are often mentioned in the reviews we receive and I am glad that you found this to be true. It is always gratifying to hear that our staff members made such a positive impact on your stay. Providing exceptional guest service is our number one priority and we take great pride in knowing we have accomplished this goal. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel and please come visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was here for a business trip and had a great experience with my stay. The room was clean, bed was really comfortable, the service was superb and really enjoy sitting by the pool in the evening to enjoy a relaxing cocktail. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East. Even though you were here for business, it’s great that you were able to relax by the swimming pool and enjoy a cocktail! It is also good to hear that you received superb service and had a comfortable room. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please come back and visit us again on your next trip to Orlando.
Bailey, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were here for the weekend and had a wonderful stay. The room was clean, bed was really comfy. Very nice pool area, bar, arcade, and a Pizza Hut right there in the hotel. Walking distance to other attractions/restaraunts. Highly suggest!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your room, all of our amenities and the local attractions.

We look forward to serving you on your next trip to the area.

Brad Boland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'm sure there are some very hardworking, nice people who work at this hotel...but it misses the mark. As others commented, the walls, shower curtain, etc have stains on them. Very tired & dirty looking. We only had 4 hangers in our closet which is not enough for 2 people. I went down to the front desk to request more. Six-seven hours later, no hangers. There is very poor lighting in the room. Most hotel rooms have a ceiling light near the door or closet. There were none. Also none where the long mirror is, which made it harder to get ready especially for 2 people. That entire section of the room was very dark. The air conditioning is very loud because when it wasn't on, it would totally kick off. You here on/off all night long. If you want to be close to attractions/restaurants this is where you want to be, but also keep in mind that the road it's on is very noisy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit, and want you to know that we will use your feedback to make improvements to our service and property. I apologize that the air conditioner in your room was noisy. We have been replacing our older air conditioning units over the last few months in order to avoid the exact problem you experienced. While the majority of these changes have been made, it is unfortunate that your room had not yet been updated, resulting in a guest experience that was below your expectations. I invite you to visit our hotel again on your next trip to the Orlando area, and I will personally see that you have an enjoyable guest experience. If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please call me any time at 407-396-4222 or e-mail at brad.boland@whg.com.

Brad Boland
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went here on a one week vacation with my fiancé for our aniversey we went to Disney they had shuttles to take us to the park, very convient, over all we had the time of our lives the staff was unbelievably friendly the food was fantastic and we will most definitely be coming back to this hotel again we simply loved it and are looking forward to our next stay at this hotel, by the way also a special thanks to paully the night manager Eric the bellman and xiomara the cafitera lady :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
brad_boland, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay at the Holiday Inn East Main Gate. Our staff works hard to provide the highest level of service to our guests and I know they will be excited about the compliments you shared. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Orlando area.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a great time my family and I had at this hotel during the Christmas season. Upon arrival, we were greeted by staff members and felt right at home. The lobby was beautifully decorated and as we arrived during an awkward hour, we waited for our room and our sons were given a couple of coins for the arcade as we were given a voucher for a free drink at the hotel bar lounge. It was a very nice gesture but since I don't drink, my husband had a glass of wine later that evening. We were checked in by Shantal Manning, a very nice guest services rep. and one of the new managers, Diana Tobin who was very helpful; (I know their names because I always ask). Diana was eager to make sure our stay was an enjoyable one. The entire staff is very professional and courteous.

The weather was quite cold. I had major surgery and didn’t want my family to miss out on coming to Kissimmee so I decided to make a sacrifice and stay in the room while they went to the parks. Since the weather was in the 40 degree mark, they decided not to go to the amusement parks and find things to do in the area. Dale Sherman, another hotel manager suggested we might try the flea market down the road if we were interested in doing some last minute gift shopping, so we did. We walked around for hours and had an even better time.

The only minor thing that occurred was that was unusual was in the middle of the night, our heating/air system stopped and it got quite cold in our room. I can't begin to tell you how fast the maintenance help came in and swapped out the unit and the room was warm again in 20 minutes flat after one phone call. Now that’s service if you ask me. 

This hotel & its staff are awesome. You cannot get the amenities they have to offer at any other hotel nearby. Again I must say that those visitors who left negative ratings before probably never experience such a hotel that offers so much at such a great rate, a great location with shopping all in walking distance, great restaurants and fast food places all in walking distance, a gym, a movie room & arcade for the kids, large conference rooms for weddings, meetings and other events, a large Olympic size pool, a kiddie pool, a play area, a large outdoor hot tub, a hotel restaurant with great food, a hotel gift shop... Who could ask for more at such great rates! You'd be crazy not to give this hotel a try...

Bottom line, you want to have a business meeting or if you're a family looking for fun in a clean, secure hotel even if you don't go to the resort parks? Holiday Main Gate East is the place to be. I am a real true visitor and I'm not being paid to say these things. I have a husband with 2 sons and we thoroughly enjoy the hotel. Check out this hotel and I guarantee you’ll go back again and again.

Room Tip: Just mention to guest services "at the hotel" what you're interested in. They will ac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. While we like to provide a perfect stay every time, I am glad my staff was able to repair your heating unit in such a timely manner. We are also in the process of making upgrades to our hotel, but it is always nice to hear that our staff made such a positive impact on your experience. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Orlando area.
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Bed sheets had visible stains when we received the room. After we were out for the whole day, the room looked the same as we left it in the early morning, not cleaned or supplied with fresh towels. No body answers the phone when you call for guest service. Overall a really terrible experience

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us, and please know that I am sincerely sorry that your hotel experience was less than satisfactory. We pride ourselves in making sure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and it is very disappointing to hear that we did not live up to this expectation. Please be assured that the service you have described is not typical of our usual guest experience, and I hope that you will give us another try on your next trip to the area. If you have further concerns or comments, feel free to contact me directly at 407-396-4222 or brad.boland@whg.com.

Been to Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area? Share your experiences!