Reception staff very friendly and helpful.
Very comfy bed! Clean rooms, bathroom was good with excellent shower.
Shop inside hotel which sells all sorts of basics that you'd need.
Pizza Hut inside hotel. Heated Swimming pool and jacuzzi looks good but didn't use.
Great location with easy access to Disney, Universal Studios, Premium Outlet Malls if you have a car.
Lots of food outlets across the street i.e Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonald's, other restaurants.
Free parking and good speed wifi.
The Guest Services reception which is opposite check in reception will help you to buy tickets for any excursions like Disney, universal etc. They offered us a pretty good deal, IF we visited their 'Orange Lake Resorts' Holiday Inn resort. They said we'd just be checking it out and we'd get to see Animal Kingdom from afar. Apparently it would only take an hour. Then we'd get our tickets for universal/disney etc.
So we went in the morning, got shown the resort on a golf buggy, saw the fence and lots of trees where animal kingdom is, and watched a presentation. Then our host proceeded to try and sell us a TIME SHARE on that resort. We were never told that at the hotel that this would be a sales pitch meeting. What an utter waste of 3 hours. We told the woman we weren't interested at all, she didn't listen and carried on hard selling. She then got her manager who tried to sell us a refurbished TIME SHARE at a low cost, I said no still not interested and he tried again, 3 times. Finally we left and had a questionnaire from one last person.
He asked how I rated the whole thing and I said 1/10. He couldn't believe that I rated it a 1 and kept asking why why why. Finally we were released from this torture, got our tickets, which guest services at the hotel entered incorrectly in the system and the system said we owed $100. That finally got sorted and we left.
Was the discount for disney tickets good enough for the torture of them trying to hard sell me a $40,000+ TIME SHARE - NO.....!
So Travellers beware if you're staying at this hotel that if they want you to check out Orange Lake Resorts for discount tickets to excursions, don't bother, infact run for your life and don't look back. Because it doesn't matter what Holiday Inn call it during the presentation, the fact of the matter is, it's a TIME SHARE and they will try and hard sell you this and sign on the dotted line. I think it's unfair and totally out of order. We literally just got to Orlando and we didn't need this to be the first thing we experienced.
Apart from that, the hotel is great, staff are great and to be honest yes I would stay again. However due to the TIME SHARE sales pitch and because I was not told that's what it would be at the guest services, it gets a 4. Had I known it would be TIME SHARE sales pitch, I would not have used the guest services.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn, Main Gate East, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn, Main Gate East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.