I had two separate stays at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East, split up by a weekend in between. Here is the rundown:
Overall: The room in Tower 1 seemed a little better maintained, the Tower 2 room was showing signs of wear (drywall broken around outlets, etc.). The Tower 2 room had a larger bathroom. Otherwise as far as decor both rooms were identical, with fairly new fixtures and linens, etc. Daily housekeeping were on their game both times. The hotel has a food court with a Pizza Hut and A&W (open limited hours), there is a small bar, a gift/snack shop, and outdoor pool/hot tub/kiddie pool. Check in was a breeze both times with friendly staff. There are plenty of restaurants and gift shops within walking distance and a 24 Hour McDonalds adjacent to the hotel. Old Town is across the road and they offer a morning shuttle to the Theme Parks/evening shuttle back, it's once daily from what I saw so plan on a full day there or have take your own car. You can rent a car onsite as well.
Stay #1 (3 nights): We were given a 2 Queen bedroom on floor 8 in the "first tower" with a nice balcony overlooking the pool. Other than the occasional screeching child from the pool it was fairly quiet, and since the pool closes at 11 p.m. it was very quiet for sleeping.
Stay #2 (4 nights): We were given a 2 Queen bedroom on floor 6 in the "second tower" with a balcony overlooking the back parking lot and a pond, which I would NOT recommend...there was a conference of athletes staying at the hotel and there were buses running under our room ALL NIGHT LONG. We were on the 6th floor and the noise was annoying, and must have been worse for those on the floors below us. In general that stay was a lot noisier as most of the college athletes were in our tower and coming and going at night, meaning lots of ‘merriment’ in the parking lot.
Based on stay #1 I would have given this a 5 star, but they lost a star by parking a succession of running buses under guest rooms instead of further away in the very spacious parking lot where they would have been far less annoying.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn, Main Gate East, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn, Main Gate East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.