This is a very nice place to stay. It is large, with more than 400 rooms. As with many Holiday Inns we have experienced, it shows its age just a bit, but not to distraction or discomfort. Convenient to I-4, it probably is the cleanest one we have enjoyed. The friendly staff seemed to be constantly mopping, sweeping, wiping down,etc. Ample free parking, and, blessedly, quiet, even though our room was on the first floor not too far removed from the pools and playground, and there were lots of teenagers around. We asked at check in for a quiet room , and they delivered.
Free WiFi worked well in our room and in public areas, and the fitness center was adequately equipped and very clean. Our "standard" room did not come with a micro or fridge, although a micro can be rented. Some other rooms, presumably, are so equipped.
A pleasant surprise was the high quality of the food. While Pizza Hut has a small operation in the food service area, the restaurant itself is part of the hotel, and puts out three quite ample buffets per day with a good range of offerings. Not your ordinary hotel/motel food by any means, and thereb is an apparent willingness to at least try to take care of some individual needs, if someone has a dietary restriction. The servers in our dedicated dining area could not have been more pleasant or helpful. We were participating in a week-long adult continuing education program, taking our included meals in the hotel. All members of our group were complimentary of the freshness, quantity, and range of food selections.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel
- Holiday Inn Main Gate East Hotel Kissimmee
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Devote your time to fun activities at Holiday Inn, Main Gate East, located in Kissimmee, Florida, off U.S. Highway 192 East (also known as the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway). We are an official Walt Disney Good Neighbor full-service hotel! Enjoy our newly renovated rooms, kid suites, meeting facilities, pool, kids theater, and business and fitness centers! Reminisce with M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E at the world-famous Walt Disney World resort in nearby Orlando. See the characters come alive at the Magic Kingdom. Travel to futuristic times at Epcot center. Witness pure movie magic at Disney s Hollywood Studios. Visit Osceola Heritage Park, a 120-acre multipurpose complex that offers exciting sports and entertainment shows. Catch a concert or event at the Silver Spurs Arena, or a baseball game at the Osceola County Stadium. Shop at the Loop, a large outdoor strip mall housing major department stores and smaller retail stores, casual restaurants, and a movie theater. Rev your engine and head to Old Town, a vibrant, family-friendly shopping, dining, and entertainment destination. Enjoy live entertainment each night and don t miss the Classic Car Cruises. Rejuvenate with a tasty hot breakfast at our Trattoria Cafe. Eat hearty from our Best-4-Breakfast menu. Enjoy a leisurely, peaceful vacation or comfortable working environment at our hotel, where Kids Stay Free and Kids Eat Free. Relax, it s Holiday Inn, Main Gate East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Main Gate East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.