“Excellente” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Orlando Palms

You added Grand Orlando Palms to your Saves list
Grand Orlando Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Legacy Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #123 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Morristown Tn
“Excellente”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We went to stay for 2 nights. I saw the reviews and I did not now what to come in to. It was excellent room were big with big frige microwave. Pool was excelent. when we lefte the came and made our beds just like any other hotel. It did not have bugs or anything discusting. It was preaty pleasant.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Berkshire,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

We arrived on a Thursday night having spent ages trying to find the hotel (this was down to me freaking out driving an automatic on the other side of the road whilst trying to negotiate the signs rather than the hotel being hard to find). We were the only ones there so no queue for check-in; it was very quick and efficient, my only problem being the room tax or whatever t's called, I don't know why US hotels insist on this, an annoying $40 out of budget I wish they would include in the original price. Our only other issue was the annoying guy at the sales desk trying to sell you Disney tickets the minute you walk in the door which was pretty irritating after a 9hour flight and a stressful drive from the airport. However, this is something you find everywhere in and around Orlando. This was my 2nd trip to Kissimmee (my first had been 5 years earlier and I'd stayed in a villa). The car parking was free which was excellent and there were always plenty of available spaces. That first night we went to eat at Chillis right across the road (crossing the road was an experience in itself; America isn't designed for pedestrians!), service, food and prices were good. There was lots of choice for places to eat withinn walking distance from the hotel; we tried Dunkin' Donuts, Papa Johns Pizza, UNO and bought a few bits from CVS. There was also a good gift shop next door (with a giant wizard on top!) where we bought some cheap beach towels to take to the water parks. Wal-mart was also a short drive down the road where we picked up essentials like breakfast foods and drinks and snacks; there was plenty of room in our fridge and cupboards in our room to accommadate this. The room was clean when we arrived and was cleaned daily to a good standard and we were never disturbed by maids, we left a dollar a day each as a tip which we thought was fair and we received good service in return. The bathroom was small but clean, no real problems with it and there was a huge counter in the room with a large mirror which I used to my hair and make-up. There was a large wardrobe and bedside cabinets plus 2 double beds; more than enough for the 2 of us. We also had a microwave. No, there wasn't many channels on the telly but it was adequate considering I didn't go to Florida to watch TV; an automatic alarm went off on it when there was a tornado warning in our area which was a bit scary! We didn't bother with the laundry facilities; we washed clothes in our bath and hung them over the balcony outside our room, they dried easily in the heat. The pool was OK, it didn't open 'til 9am which I found annoying as I would've like an early morning swim, it didn't make sense as there was no lifeguard anyway and even then it didn't open on time. As a plus point it was never busy so you could easily get a sunlonger and enjoy the pool mostly to yourself. The only bugs I ever saw where lizards around the grounds which were so cute! I found it very close to Disney and never a long drive to anyway I wanted to go.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Jim Thorpe Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We go to Kissimmee every year in October. I have to admit I was a little leary after reading some reviews. It was the best hotel we stayed in for the price and we have been coming for 20 years. They upgraded our room for free and it was very clean and housekeeping did a great job. I will definetly stay there again in years to come. Dont listen to the bad reviews. I think other hotels write them so people dont stay there. Happy Vacation !!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

What do you expect for $39 a night! What a bunch of looser's!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft. lauderdale, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My family and I stayed there two weeks ago and it was the worst experience ever!! I've stayed at alot of different motels in Kissimmee, over 12 yrs. and this was the worst!! I actually gave it a chance, even after reading the reviews. First, it started out with a room that stunk, the bathroom light didn't work and the tiolet kept overflowing! So the next morning, I spoke to the lady at the front desk , she gave me another room that was just as bad, so we called again and asked if we can have a better room, she said for more money you can. I was furious, I was not going to pay any more money for this place, which I had already paid in full. Ten minutes later, the manger called our room and said he would give us the better room at no extra charge. We thought now that's good management, he accommodated us. The room was nice, it had granite counter, big high beds, wet bar....
So we were pleased, we stayed in that room two nights. The morning we were leaving, I woke up to find a little bug walking in the bed right next to me and my daughter, I freaked out. I looked around and saw blood spots on the sheets, but didn't know those were signs of bed bugs, I've never experienced them in my life! Then I noticed red bite marks all over my waistline. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!!! Well, here we are two weeks later with bite marks all over our arms, legs, back, ...... and doctor bills for the visit and creams for the irriation. Don't stay there, it turned our trip into a nightware that we are still living!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Massachussetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

No breakfast, unfriendly service, AC hardly ever worked and when I tried to address issues with the Manager, he only came up with a bunch of excuses for less than perfect service. Had to swich rooms because they could not fix air conditioner. It took them four hours to start addressing program and to decide to move us to another room. Manager has no clue! I do not think this place will be in business for much longer due to the way it is being managed.

• Stayed July 2009
Jonesboro, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

My dad and I stayed here after a long day at Disney and for us, it was just fine. Yes, it is very no-frills: no breakfast, not a lot of channels on tv, no ironing board/iron. But for our purposes it suited us just fine: we just needed a place to crash at the end of a long day. Our rooms were very clean; my only complaint was on the second day there, one of my towels had hairs in it, but that was the only problem.

Here's my opinion. If you are going to be in the Orlando area for vacation and plan to spend some time in the hotel, then choosing a better motel would be a good choice. But if you JUST need a place to crash, it is very cheap and suits that need just fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and check-in was speedy. The property itself was well-maintained and clean and the area was safe. Also, there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and it is a short, easy drive to Disney.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Grand Orlando Palms? Share your experiences!