“What a Bunch of Whiney ButtHeads!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Orlando Palms

Save Saved
You added Grand Orlando Palms to your Saves list
Grand Orlando Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Legacy Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #120 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
Chicago
“What a Bunch of Whiney ButtHeads!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

What do you expect for $39 a night! What a bunch of looser's!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ft. lauderdale, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

My family and I stayed there two weeks ago and it was the worst experience ever!! I've stayed at alot of different motels in Kissimmee, over 12 yrs. and this was the worst!! I actually gave it a chance, even after reading the reviews. First, it started out with a room that stunk, the bathroom light didn't work and the tiolet kept overflowing! So the next morning, I spoke to the lady at the front desk , she gave me another room that was just as bad, so we called again and asked if we can have a better room, she said for more money you can. I was furious, I was not going to pay any more money for this place, which I had already paid in full. Ten minutes later, the manger called our room and said he would give us the better room at no extra charge. We thought now that's good management, he accommodated us. The room was nice, it had granite counter, big high beds, wet bar....
So we were pleased, we stayed in that room two nights. The morning we were leaving, I woke up to find a little bug walking in the bed right next to me and my daughter, I freaked out. I looked around and saw blood spots on the sheets, but didn't know those were signs of bed bugs, I've never experienced them in my life! Then I noticed red bite marks all over my waistline. I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there!!! Well, here we are two weeks later with bite marks all over our arms, legs, back, ...... and doctor bills for the visit and creams for the irriation. Don't stay there, it turned our trip into a nightware that we are still living!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Massachussetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

No breakfast, unfriendly service, AC hardly ever worked and when I tried to address issues with the Manager, he only came up with a bunch of excuses for less than perfect service. Had to swich rooms because they could not fix air conditioner. It took them four hours to start addressing program and to decide to move us to another room. Manager has no clue! I do not think this place will be in business for much longer due to the way it is being managed.

• Stayed July 2009
Jonesboro, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

My dad and I stayed here after a long day at Disney and for us, it was just fine. Yes, it is very no-frills: no breakfast, not a lot of channels on tv, no ironing board/iron. But for our purposes it suited us just fine: we just needed a place to crash at the end of a long day. Our rooms were very clean; my only complaint was on the second day there, one of my towels had hairs in it, but that was the only problem.

Here's my opinion. If you are going to be in the Orlando area for vacation and plan to spend some time in the hotel, then choosing a better motel would be a good choice. But if you JUST need a place to crash, it is very cheap and suits that need just fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and check-in was speedy. The property itself was well-maintained and clean and the area was safe. Also, there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and it is a short, easy drive to Disney.

• Stayed May 2009
high point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

The lady in the front desk was a very mean person, she did not wanted to give us our tickets to Disney world that we were suppose to pick up from the hotel as a package deal. The rooms were smelly and nasty, water was leaking, actually had a nightmare on my first stay. We would rather pay $10 more to stay on other hotels. I cannot believe such an exixtence in America. Please people go elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Hello Friends,

I stayed in this hotel as i got some discounted rate from HOTWIRE and i was apprehensive to stay there before checking in based on the reviews. But i felt that the hotel might have got improved. But it didnt improve at all. When i arrived there i was not even greeted by the front desk and there started my problems, when i entered my room it was having a stinking smell and i never experienced any thing like that in my life time. I recommend to every one please dont check in there unless and untill you dont have any other option.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
marion
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I was also very worried about our reservations due to the previous reviews. When we drove up to the hotel, it was nice looking. I asked the clerk if we could have a courtyard room, which she gave us. I checked everything in the room since the reviews were not good. The mattresses were Serta pillowtops (which were new). We had a mini kitchen with a wet bar, refrig and microwave. All of the countertops were black granite and plenty of room in the sink/dressing area. The bathroom was a little small but all of it was clean. The courtyard was not as pretty as we thought it would be. There were no sign of bugs inside or outside. All of the other guest vehicles were very nice, so you know that there was no rif-raf.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Orlando Palms? Share your experiences!