“Awful experience, starting with Management!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Orlando Palms

You added Grand Orlando Palms to your Saves list
Grand Orlando Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Legacy Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #123 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Massachussetts
“Awful experience, starting with Management!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

No breakfast, unfriendly service, AC hardly ever worked and when I tried to address issues with the Manager, he only came up with a bunch of excuses for less than perfect service. Had to swich rooms because they could not fix air conditioner. It took them four hours to start addressing program and to decide to move us to another room. Manager has no clue! I do not think this place will be in business for much longer due to the way it is being managed.

• Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Jonesboro, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

My dad and I stayed here after a long day at Disney and for us, it was just fine. Yes, it is very no-frills: no breakfast, not a lot of channels on tv, no ironing board/iron. But for our purposes it suited us just fine: we just needed a place to crash at the end of a long day. Our rooms were very clean; my only complaint was on the second day there, one of my towels had hairs in it, but that was the only problem.

Here's my opinion. If you are going to be in the Orlando area for vacation and plan to spend some time in the hotel, then choosing a better motel would be a good choice. But if you JUST need a place to crash, it is very cheap and suits that need just fine.

The staff was very friendly and helpful and check-in was speedy. The property itself was well-maintained and clean and the area was safe. Also, there is plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby and it is a short, easy drive to Disney.

• Stayed May 2009
high point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

The lady in the front desk was a very mean person, she did not wanted to give us our tickets to Disney world that we were suppose to pick up from the hotel as a package deal. The rooms were smelly and nasty, water was leaking, actually had a nightmare on my first stay. We would rather pay $10 more to stay on other hotels. I cannot believe such an exixtence in America. Please people go elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Hello Friends,

I stayed in this hotel as i got some discounted rate from HOTWIRE and i was apprehensive to stay there before checking in based on the reviews. But i felt that the hotel might have got improved. But it didnt improve at all. When i arrived there i was not even greeted by the front desk and there started my problems, when i entered my room it was having a stinking smell and i never experienced any thing like that in my life time. I recommend to every one please dont check in there unless and untill you dont have any other option.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
marion
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I was also very worried about our reservations due to the previous reviews. When we drove up to the hotel, it was nice looking. I asked the clerk if we could have a courtyard room, which she gave us. I checked everything in the room since the reviews were not good. The mattresses were Serta pillowtops (which were new). We had a mini kitchen with a wet bar, refrig and microwave. All of the countertops were black granite and plenty of room in the sink/dressing area. The bathroom was a little small but all of it was clean. The courtyard was not as pretty as we thought it would be. There were no sign of bugs inside or outside. All of the other guest vehicles were very nice, so you know that there was no rif-raf.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

This was supposed to be a great family vacation to Disney with our daughter & another family & it turned out to be the worst experience ever. The rooms smell nasty & are full of dust, the bathroom has moldy walls & the shower curtain made me vomit!!!!!!!!!! The bathroom has no decent ventilation & no matter how clean you are, it smells very bad. The rugs are old & extremely dirty & the beds? OMG, this is when we noticed something was horribly wrong. The mattress & box springs WERE STAINED!!! The sheets & bedspreads are from the 70's & smell like they're that old also.
The AC units are old & broken down, they leak terrible amounts of water outside the room & we even gave them a closer look & noticed that the vents are even cleaned!!! The dust & mold in the rooms (Lord knows what else) made my husband & daughter EXTREMELY SICK!!!!! They got the worst allergic reaction to the dust & we ended up having to leave the hotel 3 days before check out, without a penny of refund.
All in all, the stay at this hotel was miserable & the worst experience we've ever had. Considering its in an excellent location & so close to the Disney parks, we were expecting a cleaner & more welcoming stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Got the $25 / night rate for 2 nights over the memorial day weekend. Like others after reading the reviews I thought it was a good deal and it was relatively close to Disney World and would take my chances -- after all I only wanted to sleep there. I would not stay here again and would not recommend anyone to stay here. I am not a pre-madonna type person and was expecting low quality -- you get what you pay for. It's just a place to sleep in, but I never got he chance to sleep here!

My problems below:

1 - No early check-in (expected this)
2 - Room was old and dingy (expected this)
3 - mini-fridge door was cracked and door molding was torn, tremendous amount of moisture and mildew in the mini-fridge. (didn't care much on this, but noticed it).
4 - Shower had mold on all the walls in it.
5 - After showering and laying down in the bed, minutes later i felt itchy, nasty bed bugs there...
6 - It advertises free shuttle service to the Disney parks. The timings are not convenient, you're better off renting a car for $30 from the airport and having your freedom.
7 - The bed mattress was terrible. It goes flat as you lay on it. Not very comfy. (expected)

Why take a chance? The bed bugs threw me over the edge. I left and checked into a better hotel down the street. I ate the $50 charge as a lesson learned. Spend $20 more and stay at a more established 1-2 star hotel. This place isn't worth a chance. Not for $25. Not even for $18. Heck, even if it were free I would not stay here...

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Orlando Palms? Share your experiences!