“3 stars? You have got to be kidding!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Orlando Palms

Save Saved
You added Grand Orlando Palms to your Saves list
Grand Orlando Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Legacy Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #125 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Salem, Oreogn
“3 stars? You have got to be kidding!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2008

Booked this HORRIBLE hotel through Lastminutetravel.com for 2 nights.

Our hotel room was the most disgusting thing I have ever stayed in.

Smell: pet urine combined with vomit! We demanded a different room which ended up smelling like mold and smoke (non-smoking room now but wasn't in the past).

Room has not been updated (cleaned for that matter) in over 20 years. The carpet was wet, sticky and had iron burn marks. There was NO weather stripping under the door which left a 2 & 1/2 in gap...perfect for all of the Florida critters to crawl in and out of!! Everything was old, dirty and falling apart from the fixtures to the bedding.

We both ended up with bug bites all over...fleas?? Bedbugs??

The Ice machines did not work. No elevator to upper floor. Moldy shower curtain. Bath did not drain. AC worked well but had to be on 24/7 to accomodate for the huge gap under the door. Pillows smelled like unwashed hair!

I can not believe that anyone could rate this establishment as a 3 star!! I have stayed in 1 star hotels that seemed like a palace compared to the Legacy Grand Hotel. And to add insult to injury they charge an additional daily resort fee!!

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Liked — NOTHING!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
albert_chung
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

I stayed with my fiancee in this hotel for four nights while she was attending a conference in Orlando. The overall experience was not bad for the first three nights. The beds were clean and comfortable. The cabinets and sink seem to be remodeled which are new. But at the third night, while I was using internet in the lobby, I heard a woman was arguing with the front desk about her luggage stolen in the hotel room. The front desk seemed to offer no help for her. This made me kind of worried the safety of the hotel. At the fourth night, there was no hot water for shower. I called the front desk and they told us to let water running so that the water heater can be triggered. But there was still no water after we let water running for an hour. I called the front desk again and they said they were still working on it. We ended up taking cold shower that night. We later found out there was still no hot water in the morning next day. This was not the end of the bad story. My fiancee has paid the hotel fee through expedia. But the hotel charged extra fee to her credit card for about 2 dollars per night. She called the hotel and they said it's the maintenance fee and the shuttle fee. But we didn't use their shuttle at all and all fees should have been paid off through expedia. Generally speaking I would not recommend my friend stay at the hotel. But people who would like to stay there should not leave valuable items in the room while they are out.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
White Stone, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

Ok, after reading reviews bashing this hotel, I was VERY nervous when I got there. I received these accomodations after winning a 4 day trip from a tour company. So I really didn' t have any other options.
The hotel room was clean, neat, and well equipted. We had plenty of storage room, a microwave, fridge, two sinks, two nice beds, etc. It was not Hilton or Marriott, but it was not a dump like people on this board have said.
I was not too overly pleased with the neighborhood behind the hotel, but didn't have any problems. There did appear to be people milling around out on balconies, etc, but we just went into our room and closed out the "neighborhood".
The hotel really doesn't have much to offer outside of the room and a small pool. There is not resturant, no internet available, no lounge, and no ballroom available. It looked like they used to have these things, but they were all closed down, and it is now wasted space.
This hotel really could use a major face lift, but I found the room very tolerable, and not as bad a people on this board make it out to be.

The staff was helpful to me, and seemed rather friendly. I was looking for internet access to print out my boarding pass for the next morning's flight, and the lady at the desk was very helpful suggesting a coffee cafe down the street to get internet access.

Check in and Check out was uneventful, and we look forward to coming back to florida in the future.

If you can save money/especially in the tough times we live in now- I would use this hotel.

Good Luck and enjoy Orlando!!

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

While staying at this "motel" someone entered our room with hotel keys and stole all our luggage and identification. Having 2 cranky children, the hotel offered no assistance and was not accommodating in the least. All they made clear is that they are not responsible for our belongings. To add insult to injury other rooms were broken into the same day by someone with hotel key access. After trying to get any kind of answers the GM avoided us and we were told he would not be coming until 11:00(check out time) In grieving my concerns we were asked to leave because there were other customers in the fromt lobby. When I refused because wanted answers or to speak to a supevisor the front desk clerk called the sheriff to escourt us out. The sheriff showed much sympathy and advised me so we did. Never did anyone show interest in the well being of the chidren or their customers. It was more important to throw us out in the streets with two kids, no clothes, no money in a foriegn place than to show some customer service. Please heed this warning becasue I would not wish this treatment on anyone this "Motel" was not helpful at all.

Stayed July 2008
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

This hotel was wonderful. Granted, it was simple, but I had no problems whatsoever with this hotel. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family if they are looking for a getaway and do not want to spend a ton of money. There are plenty of shops and restaurants around, as well as a Wal-Mart down the street. The fridge and microwave came in handy and I saved some money on this trip.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
maple ridge
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

My Husband & I went to Florida for the weekend to go to the daytona nascar race and this was the only hotel we could get. We travel often and I always look at the trip advisor and we should have cancelled before we even got there. We got there at 11:30 at night the front desk was great, got to our room 202 and WOW it was soooooooooooooooooooooo old and very used. I could go on and on but just take our word DON'T STAY. The carpet was so dirty I didn't take my shoes off ever only to go to bed ( the sheets were clean) and if you are travelling with small kids the tub was soooo rusty you could'nt bath them in it I even wore my shoes in the tub:( We nrver used the pool cause we thought if the rooms are like this how clean is the pool or do they even clean it. The olny thing is we were only in florida for 2 night so we were so busy I think we were only in our room for maybe 10 hous including sleep. DON"T STAY stay somewhere else

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

Do not stay at this hotel, i arrived at 4.30pm to book in and they informed me that my reservation was cancelled, they did not look at my reservation form and they refused to contact the holiday company, they would not let me use the phone either. after i sorted the room out i then left the room to take my kids to the swimming pool at 5.10pm, we returned to the room and found 3 bags had been stolen. the only things we were left with was our clothes. the management took no responsibility and they also refused to let me use the phone to contact the british embassy. they were ot interested at all. the police office also confirmed that the room had been opened with the mastercard and there was no forced entry. the main bag thatw as stolen was also hidden from view and the only way somebody knew it was there was because they new i had the bag. THIS WAS AN INSIDE JOB CONFIRMED BY THE POLICE OFFICER. I was in the hotel for 90 mins and they showed me no sign of sorrow or help. my family holiday lasted 3 hours in Orlando and the only place to blame was the Legacy Grand. The police officer also informed me that the area was not a place a family should be staying. Please stay away from this hotel for your own safety.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the staff attitudes and general feel about the place
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Grand Orlando Palms? Share your experiences!