“Single worst hotel I've unfortunately checked into. Did not stay!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Orlando Palms

You added Grand Orlando Palms to your Saves list
Grand Orlando Palms
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5245 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Legacy Grand Hotel)   |
Ranked #123 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Estero, Florida
“Single worst hotel I've unfortunately checked into. Did not stay!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Booking.com, please remove this hotel from your choices. Absolutely disgusting! The google maps street view should of been enough to turn me away. We booked at the last minute thinking rooms for New Years Night would be hard to find in Orlando. They are not. Plenty available FYI. Just pulling in the hotel looks run down. Walked in to check in and lobby smelled bad. Owners or management had a guy in street clothes arguing at the front desk with them trying to get his job back. He was fired evidently for removing something from the property without permission. They should not do this in front of customers. Anyways, I checked in. I had my wife, 21 year old son and 12 year old daughter. Went and parked and walked to the room. The smelliest room I have ever walked into. Musty, cigarette smoke and other odors that were indescribable. I felt icky walking out. I told my family to put the bags in the car so we could leave and I went to the front desk to check out. Well, owner, manager, someone told me they would still charge me for one night and I just replied that I would out a stop om my credit card. We only booked for one night. As I was going through this, another customer that just checked in came back and wanted his money back too. This is when this guy told the girl behind the desk to just refund both of our monies. leaving the room they had given us and walking thought the hotel trying to get to the lobby was something else to see. Th carpets were stained, soiled, torn and disgusting. The lamp shade in our room looked like it had been pulled out of a mud puddle and dried off. I would rather sleep on a park bench.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lees Summit, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Rooms very old in appearance and housekeeping is very poor found one dirty pillow with no case layout puts rooms far away from parking. Staff not very friendly but company I'm working for picked the rooms so not my choice

• Stayed January 2013
Salem, Oreogn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I wrote a review of this property in 2008. I travel frequently and have stayed in hotels on both ends of the spectrum.
To this day, I stand firm that this was the WORST hotel that I have ever encountered.

I would like to point out WHY the reviews of this property are SO extreme.

There are TWO kinds of rooms at this "resort" and they are extremely different than each other.

There are the old, dirty, falling apart, disgusting, bug infested, would be condemned by any health authority rooms (the kind I stayed in). These rooms are primarily given to those of us who use budget booking sources like lastminutetravel, hotwire, etc. The photos from another poster are just the tip of the iceberg for the old rooms.

And then there are the newer rooms with the nice appliances, granite counters, rich cherry wood furnishings, etc. I did see one of these rooms by peering in a window during my stay and was floored to think that they only updated some of the rooms and charge a much higher rate for the rooms that are safe to inhabit. I did inquire about the nicer rooms during my stay and it would have cost me an additional $60 a night, of which I did not have in the budget.

I hope this helps those of you who are on the fence. If, and only if, I knew for a fact that I would get one of the "nicer" rooms, I might consider staying at this establishment again, BUT only if every Disney property were completely booked.
WHY? Because this hotel wanted over $100 a night for the "nicer" rooms but Disney only wanted $69.00 a night...oh how I wish I had known at the time. At a Disney Value resort I get FREE round-trip airport transportation, FREE parking at all Disney Theme parks, FREE use of all on property transportation between parks/hotels and FREE extra magic hours in the parks. Learned my lesson the hard way.

Happy travels!

Room Tip: ONLY reserve one of the DELUXE rooms!
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Morristown Tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

We went to stay for 2 nights. I saw the reviews and I did not now what to come in to. It was excellent room were big with big frige microwave. Pool was excelent. when we lefte the came and made our beds just like any other hotel. It did not have bugs or anything discusting. It was preaty pleasant.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Berkshire,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

We arrived on a Thursday night having spent ages trying to find the hotel (this was down to me freaking out driving an automatic on the other side of the road whilst trying to negotiate the signs rather than the hotel being hard to find). We were the only ones there so no queue for check-in; it was very quick and efficient, my only problem being the room tax or whatever t's called, I don't know why US hotels insist on this, an annoying $40 out of budget I wish they would include in the original price. Our only other issue was the annoying guy at the sales desk trying to sell you Disney tickets the minute you walk in the door which was pretty irritating after a 9hour flight and a stressful drive from the airport. However, this is something you find everywhere in and around Orlando. This was my 2nd trip to Kissimmee (my first had been 5 years earlier and I'd stayed in a villa). The car parking was free which was excellent and there were always plenty of available spaces. That first night we went to eat at Chillis right across the road (crossing the road was an experience in itself; America isn't designed for pedestrians!), service, food and prices were good. There was lots of choice for places to eat withinn walking distance from the hotel; we tried Dunkin' Donuts, Papa Johns Pizza, UNO and bought a few bits from CVS. There was also a good gift shop next door (with a giant wizard on top!) where we bought some cheap beach towels to take to the water parks. Wal-mart was also a short drive down the road where we picked up essentials like breakfast foods and drinks and snacks; there was plenty of room in our fridge and cupboards in our room to accommadate this. The room was clean when we arrived and was cleaned daily to a good standard and we were never disturbed by maids, we left a dollar a day each as a tip which we thought was fair and we received good service in return. The bathroom was small but clean, no real problems with it and there was a huge counter in the room with a large mirror which I used to my hair and make-up. There was a large wardrobe and bedside cabinets plus 2 double beds; more than enough for the 2 of us. We also had a microwave. No, there wasn't many channels on the telly but it was adequate considering I didn't go to Florida to watch TV; an automatic alarm went off on it when there was a tornado warning in our area which was a bit scary! We didn't bother with the laundry facilities; we washed clothes in our bath and hung them over the balcony outside our room, they dried easily in the heat. The pool was OK, it didn't open 'til 9am which I found annoying as I would've like an early morning swim, it didn't make sense as there was no lifeguard anyway and even then it didn't open on time. As a plus point it was never busy so you could easily get a sunlonger and enjoy the pool mostly to yourself. The only bugs I ever saw where lizards around the grounds which were so cute! I found it very close to Disney and never a long drive to anyway I wanted to go.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Jim Thorpe Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We go to Kissimmee every year in October. I have to admit I was a little leary after reading some reviews. It was the best hotel we stayed in for the price and we have been coming for 20 years. They upgraded our room for free and it was very clean and housekeeping did a great job. I will definetly stay there again in years to come. Dont listen to the bad reviews. I think other hotels write them so people dont stay there. Happy Vacation !!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

What do you expect for $39 a night! What a bunch of looser's!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Orlando Palms? Share your experiences!