“Horrible experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I should have listened to the reviews I read on tripadvisor about this hotel and never have booked it. We had such a bad experience that we only stayed here one night before we decided to leave. The hidden resort fee when everything at the resort is closed was a joke. The "secure" parking was also not working. I am not a picky person when it comes to hotels but this one was just horrendous.

First, it is in serious need of a renovation as our room had unglued carpet, a hole in the wall behind the toilet, and a musky odor. The walls are paper thin and we could hear every person walking by the room. All of these things were still not enough to make me leave. What finalized my decision was a dirty hand towel in the bathroom, a red stain on the white sheet, and a huge cockroach in the bathroom.

My fiancé went to the front desk to complain and he noted that he was not the only one complaining about our room. Very displeased with our stay here and would absolutely not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this helpful feedback and insight! We greatly appreciate your honest review and will take into careful consideration what you have shared and as a team will determine ways to improve~ as we know there is always room for improvement!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is gross. The only thing worse than the dirty bathrooms and grungy rooms is the riff raft that stay here. Paper thin walls means you can hear every screaming kid in adjoining rooms, halls and outside. Parking is atrocious. Avoid at all costs unless you live in a trailer at which point it might feel like home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry about your experience at the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration. We want to ensure you that we are delivering fast fun and friendly service consistently to all of our guests. I will discuss your review with our staff to ensure that we are doing our best. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, We are looking forward to our renovation this up in coming year
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 01/15/13-01/17/13. This hotel is just ok. It is in need of some renovation. The carpets in the room are worn and a little dirty. Beds are sleep number, which is nice. Bathroom clean, no mold. Televisions picture is so so. Only 38 channels. Very expensive for ordering movies. I would not suggest it. The carpets everywhere were in need of serious replacement. The elevators are disgusting.
I had room service one morning. The service was very promt, but the food was lacking. The eggs were raw. I ordered scrambled well done. They have a quick service diner which is really good for snacking or for meals. They also have a sports bar, which I did not go to. It was freezing that weekend so i did not use the pool, but i heard it was nice. Lists of activities going on everyday. Kids movies in the lobby at night.

This property never really felt safe. dark parking lots, the gates for security were never closed, even at night. In order to get into the buildings you are supposed to use your room key. I never once had to use my room key to open these doors even at 1am. Doesnt give you that sense of security.

Overall this property would not be worth the price, thank god i used miles. I might return if the address some of the above issues.

Room Tip: Very close to Disney!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I arrived at 11pm on a weeknight. I was told I would be staying in Bldg #5 and I asked about parking lot lighting since I was a woman travelling alone. I was then told that security was on the property and although the lighting was poor I shouldn't worry. This still made me uncomfortable. Upon entering Bldg#5 I noticed a smell not a chlorine like smell like some hotels but this was more of a dirty feet type smell. Upon entering my room the smell did not get any better. The room appeared to be clean, but the musty, moldy smell was overwhelming. I was supposed to be there for 3 nights, however, I checked out after the first night because of this stench. I do believe there was a mold issue as the next morning I was having some allergy issue. The common areas, the lobby, the pool, the meeting facilities were all in good condition and the staff was excellent, however, the room was awful and I would be embarrassed as a Radisson to let anyone stay in these conditions. Hopefully your upgrades will start in Bldg #5.

Room Tip: Don't allow them to put you in Building #5 at all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tatianna782, Executive Assistat at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks very much for your recent feedback and comments. Everyone at Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration Hotel makes every effort to insure our guest’s safety, Satisfaction and comfort. We take these comments very seriously and have undertaken a complete investigation to remedy such an occurrence repeating itself in the future. All of our rooms and suites have undergone a thorough cleaning and inspection by both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We strive to be the best to your accommodations. We do apologize for any inconvenience.
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last year. The hotel is definitely dated but news is that it has just been purchased and renovations will be coming shortly to match the excellent location and wonderful staff. Charles (reservations manager) was great as were all the staff we dealt with at the front desk. Check-in was easy and efficient. Housekeeping kept everything in order in our rooms; staff at the restaurants were great; Miriam and staff at the Tiki Bar excel in welcoming guests from all over the world while providing an almost "at home" feeling. The last night we were there we stayed around the Tiki Bar. It was stylishly decorated for Valentine's Day and we made all kinds of new friends from England and all over the U.S., some of whom had participated in the Senior Olympic Games.
Sure, the hotel is well-worn but we were very satisfied with the cleaniness and superb hospitality offered by all who are employed there. We are already looking forward to our next visit.
Keep up the good work, Radisson!! Hope to see you all healthy & happy on our return visit.

Room Tip: We really like the 6000 Block, overlooking the pool. It's quiet. Most of the time, however, we...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here the weekend of 2/8 - 2/10. Upon checking in, there is a resort fee of $12. We requested a higher room, but due to full occupancy, we were stuck on the first floor of building 6. Only complaint about that, was that we couldn't really open the windows because they faced directly into the parking lot.
The room we stayed in contained a safe large enough to fit a laptop, a decent sized fridge, a nice flat screen TV, and comfortable sleep number beds. The room was clean except for some ants that got into the garbage can after we disposed an empty icee cup. Also, had no issues with the wifi in this room.
The location is fantastic with it being right off the 192 and I-4, which you can take directly into Disney in just a few minutes. Also the I-4 will take you to Universal or Seaworld in about 10-15 minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Every year we take our young grandkids to Orlando for a weekend and regularly book this hotel. My wife and I have used it a number of times on getaway weekends. It is an good value for the money and it is possible to request adjacent rooms, which we do when travelling with the kids. There a 3 pools and an outdoor spa area. One of the pools is heated so cool weather is not a problem. The largest pool has an awesome slide for the kids and cheerful staff who will assist with floats etc. The rooms are comfortable and clean but need to be updated. Flat panel TV, mini fridge, coffee pot and safe are good features. This property is perfect for families on a budget. Overall we have stayed at this property at least 10 times, but honestly must say while the management and staff is great, the place needs an upgrade and is showing it's age, gracefully. Mr. Baez, Yasim and Gen Mgr Rob are to be complimented for the efficient and courteous manner in which they handle this property.

Room Tip: Building 6000 is closest access to heated pool and game room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!