“Good hotel with many facilities” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #31 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
“Good hotel with many facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is huge and have many facilities for those who are going to Disney Land. It has transportation to the parks and it is very easy to use it. The room is ok and I didnt like the breakfast. The guy from the breakfast was unfriendly and strange. There is one Pizza Hut inside the hotel and one store that is terrible. I will recomend this hotel and would stay again on it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Turkish first
Vero Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family stayed here for two nights in early January and there is a high need for this hotel to fix many things.
1.) This hotel touts free, secure parking. None of the parking gates were working and anyone could enter or exit the hotel if they were a guest or not. The outside doors that were labeled as locked weren't. Anyone could get to and from this hotel with no sense of security at all. With the resort fee at $12.50 a day, these items should be maintained.
2.) The "free" wi-fi was sporactic and didn't work most of the time we were there.
3.) The sleep number bed in our room had malfunctioning remotes and both beds were stuck at 100 the whole time we were there. It would have been more comfortable to sleep on the floor.
4.) The refrigerator barely kept anything cold even at the max setting, our half gallon jug of milk in the fridge was warm.
5.) The drain in the bathroom shower was so slow that the tub would be half full by the end of the shower.
6.) There was a terrible overpowering glade freshener in the room that gave the room a terrible smell.

When we booked this room on priceline, there was no indication on my "name your own price" reservation that there would be a resort fee. When I showed all the documentation I had, I was still charged the fee even with all the issues we reported.

The location is very convenient to Disney and the surrounding restaurants, CVS and publix nearby make it easy to get what you need.

Oxford, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'm writing this review from the hotel room. I'll list a summary, cons, and pros. I would rate it higher, but resort fees need to be driven out by customer demand and ratings.

Summary:
It was acceptable. Lobby area looked great, but as you go farther from the lobby the quality drops. The room felt like a 2 star room.I hate resort fees. I know that it is in the fine print on booking websites, on the front page of the radisson web site, it is standard for Disneyworld and I initialed that I understand about the fee at check-in ... but still it should all be one price. Just because it is legal, doesn't mean it should be done.

Pros:
Shuttle to the park.
Free Wifi.
Beautiful lobby.
It looked family friendly (It was just my me and my wife thought).
The lobby smelled great.
Flat screen tv.

Cons:
No continental breakfast (I expect it for a 3 star).
Rooms didn't smell pleasant (It didn't stink like mold, it just didn't smell good).
Bath tub has grime at the bottom (that's not romantic at all).
No microwave.
Resort fee extra (I would prefer that the price was a little higher with the resort fee included).
Telephone Wires strung around the room.
Its called a resort when it is just a 2 and a half star hotel with a fancy lobby.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if you were able to get a good deal on it, and you are spending the majority of your time at Disneyworld. Don't let the resort name fool you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks very much for your recent feedback and comments. Everyone at Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration Hotel makes every effort to insure our guest’s , Satisfaction and comfort. We take these comments very seriously and have undertaken a complete investigation to remedy such an occurrence repeating itself in the future. All of our rooms and suites have undergone a thorough cleaning and inspection by both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We strive to be the best to your accommodations. We do apologize for any inconvenience.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here for five nights in early January. Overall, the hotel was fine. We were pleased to find a mini-fridge in our room. The shuttle to and from Disney and other attractions is very on time and a good way of getting back and forth. The shuttle schedule is limited, but good enough. The beds were nice, sleep number. The decor was pretty worn both in the halls and rooms. The lobby area is nicer. The free wi-fi in our room was spotty or slow at best. In the lobby it was much better. Spent too much time there due to the poor wi-fi in our room. Very good location. Pools look nice but it was cool and we were at the parks.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was a nice Radisson...close to all things "mouse"...but the place is tired and is in need of renovation (as compared to some of the other Orlando Radisson's that I have stayed at) but is still adequate if you are at the parks all day and just want a nice place to sleep. The rooms are large and the "sleep number" beds comfortable. We didn't eat there so I can't comment on that.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

we stayed here from 12/22 through 12/26. although the weather was cold the hotel was great. close to all the action yet far enough away. We plan on staying here again when the weather warms. The people were really great they treated you just as you would treat others. The room was a great size and fantastic pools ( I will use them on our return to warm weather. The location is really good.

Room Tip: 1st floor easy access
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

12/08-15/2012 Yes, the A/C was loud.. I've heard worse. Really wanted to be able to open a window for fresh air, but you can't. The sleep number bed was comfortable and hubby want's to replace our memory foam bed with a sleep number bed. I agree and this after sleeping on what I think was a low end sleep number king. Very comfortable and we slept well every night. We'll be shopping for one soon.
Had some nice meals at the Deli at very reasonable prices. These folks did everything they could to please! Also ate some dinners and breakfasts from room service and enjoyed them. Went to the restaurant one night and it's funny...looks like it should be fancier and more expensive food as it's a reasonably nice dining room. It was empty at 7pm. Food was okay, wine was okay, service was very nice.
Even though it rained all 7 days we were there, I enjoyed the hot tub after going to the park. Not crowded and the few couples I met there were very nice company. I'd say a middle class clientele.
Then Disaster struck...hubby got the flu on our 5th day. I got it 2 days later. Housekeeping was very patient with my "do not disturb" sign followed by "can you bring us towels, extra blankets, shampoo, etc." calls. All was provided quickly. The gift store had otc meds to help us weather the flu symptoms. I was so sick on our day to fly home, I really didn't get the chance to thank everyone for their kindness, so hopefully a hotel staff member will read this. We had a very early flight. Checkout was quick and our cab, as requested the day before, was on time.

Overall: Bed and bedding very comfortable but not fancy, room a decent size, refrigerator was great, TV was large and worked great, grounds were very pretty, bath was about 10'X5' so not tiny and very clean, room was dated but not dirty and not uncomfortable in any way, wifi was good. Only complaints were that they couldn't order up some of that Florida Sunshine and the heater-a/c unit didn't have a fresh air selection. Didn't care about the elevator conditions... they ran, were safe, didn't find anything disgusting, and I spent no more than a minute in any of them. For perspective, we go to Las Vegas frequently and stay at the Wynn, Encore, Mirage, Four Seasons and Treasure Island. All of these are fancier and also pricier but none gave us a more comfortable, relaxing place to be while touring DW. Again, the staff was outstanding!

Room Tip: We were in block 4000, 8th floor. Very quiet. Nothing was too far to walk to and I am over 60/not...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!