“dirty” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Tampa, Florida
“dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

VERY DIRTY, the elevators, the hallways, the floors. Smells like mold. We stay there for 3 days and no one vacume the hallways or elevators for 3 days. The same dirt stay day after day. I did speak with Roberto Baez the cleaning service manager and he offer us a breakfast insted a promise to clean. All i ask is to be clean for the rest of the guest. I will never stay in Radisson Celebration on Kissimmee again.

Room Tip: rooms in the end of hallways are noise from doors opening and close
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tatianna782, Executive Assistat at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thanks very much for your recent feedback and comments. Everyone at Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration Hotel makes every effort to insure our guest’s safety, Satisfaction and comfort. We take these comments very seriously and have undertaken a complete investigation to remedy such an occurrence repeating itself in the future. All of our rooms and suites have undergone a thorough cleaning and inspection by both our housekeeping and maintenance departments. We strive to be the best to your accommodations. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

1,758 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Turkish first
Redcliff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights; 4 in building 1000 and 4 in building 6000. We found both buildings to be clean and free from musty odours. The rooms were identical. Both had Sleep Number beds (the only difference was that one had wired controllers while the other had wireless). Our rooms were clean and both came with good sized refrigerators, which was great since we were here for so long. The housekeeping was exceptional at this hotel. We had the do not disturb sign on and they actually dropped off a bag of fresh towels and toiletries at the door! It's the first time that that's ever happened to me. Oh, and the hotel has coin operated washers and dryers; $2.00 to wash and $2.00 to dry.

The staff was efficient at check in and check out. The music from the pool was our only issue. It was the hotel's music and they played it all of the time, even after 11 PM. However, they turned it off immediately when I called. The hotel has several pools and one of them is heated. That pool is great since you can enjoy a swim even in cooler weather.

While the property was close to Disney World, we still opted to drive. I wanted to drive because it gave us the most flexibility; we could arrive whenever we wanted to, leave whenever we wanted to and take an afternoon break if we wanted to. The hotel is close enough that you could easily drive back for a nap and it wouldn't take more time than if you had stayed at a Disney World Value Level Resort. We left the hotel at 8:15 with 2 kids in strollers and were able to get to the Magic Kingdom before opening (9 AM). We were able to leave later than that for the other parks and still make it before opening. I think that families with older children could leave even later than that.

The hotel provides a shuttle but it is very limited. The shuttle departs for EPCOT at 7:40, 8:25, 10:05, 10:40, 12:35, and 17:15 and returns at 18:00, 20:45 and 22:00. Other departures include Sea World/Universal at 7:35 and returning from Sea World at 18:45 and Universal at 19:30. They also provide a shuttle returning from the Magic Kingdom at 23:30 on days it's open 23:00 or later. The front desk told me that the shuttle services other hotels as well, which means that it could be packed by the time it gets to the Radisson. I also asked if we could bring a stroller and was told that the shuttle did not accommodate them. With all of this in mind, I would suggest that you rent or bring your own car if you need any flexibility.

I had a good stay here and the Radisson would be my first choice for off-site hotels. The only reason that I didn't give this hotel 5 out of 5 was because of the shuttle service.

Room Tip: Avoid the noise by getting a room that's not facing the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mfarid2009
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights. I had to change over 3 rooms before I can get a room that was clean enough to stay in. The staff were friendly and they did all what they can to satisfy me even up to giving back my money. I was so tired and I wanted a place to stay the night for my conference trip. The bed sheets were not clean and had stains on them. The floor was very dirty and also the furniture wee dirty and old. The room smelled mold and the bathroom had so many rust in the tub and around the the sink. Otherwise the pool was nice and the location was close to the international drive and theme parks.

• Stayed November 2012
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked 2 rooms in this hotel with my Carlson Club points, for a quick weekend to Epcot with my parents before heading to Siesta Key.

Online reservation process was seamless as always. Check in was quick and pleasant. I requested rooms with a view of the pool and close together. The clerk was friendly and efficient and worked to get us 2 rooms in the 6000 building, one on the 3rd and one on the 5th floor. While I was NOT greeted as a Carlson Club member, they did waive the nightly resort fee for me as I was using a point stay. While checking in, I gave the clerk a credit card to authorize for charges, but requested to pay cash upon check out which she said would not be a problem. This did turn out to be a problem later during check out.

Parking was easy, elevators were fast and the hallways were clean. Our rooms were great, and we had views overlooking the pool complex. Our building was centrally located, so we could walk across the pool area and into the main building where the gift shop, deli and lobby were located. The breakfast restaurant and shuttle stop were just steps from our building door. We had zero issues with any sort of musty odor or elevator problems, and our rooms and bathroom were in good repair and clean, which I appreciate.

We enjoyed the lobby area, and watched a movie while we munched on pizza from the deli. We had coupons in our key packet that offered a few dollar savings for things like pizza, sodas and breakfast, as well as free and buy one get one free drinks. They also had a list of all activities being offered around the resort. The hotel was overrun with young pre-teen and teenaged girls and their cheer moms for some type of cheer/dance competition going on in the area, and there was a loud party in the poolside bar on the night we arrived. It wasn't a problem for us, but we were only there a short time and didn't intend on utilizing the pool area. If we had been, the visit might have been less than desirable.

Breakfast in the restaurant was mediocre, food was luke warm and mostly bland. Price for 4 adults with gratuity, after the coupon included at check in came to $49.

We did take advantage of the free shuttle to Epcot, and the morning shuttle was right on time and comfortable. Coming back, the last shuttle of the night was about 30 minutes late, and you could tell we were the last stop of the night as the driver was in quite a hurry. He took a few of the speed bumps fast and hard enough to lift everyone out of their seats. Not so fun when you're traveling with a disabled vet with 2 artificial knees and an artificial hip. This isn't a reflection on the Radisson though, so much as the shuttle company that they use.

Our only snag was check out morning. We had incurred around $100 in charges back to the room, and as I stated to the clerk at check in, I wanted to pay cash upon departure. I keep a very low balance on the credit card that I use to travel with for hotel stays to guard against fraudulent incidental charges being placed. Check out time for the hotel is 11:00 AM. I got a call at 7:45 AM that morning waking me up, from a desk clerk informing me that my credit card had declined and that I needed to come to the desk to pay my incidental charges. I informed him that I would be paying cash upon departure and that it should be noted there. He paused for a moment and said that he just wanted to 'remind us' to pay before leaving. I went to the desk at the proper check out time, and that same young man (by his name tag) who had called my room so early was there. I had my mother with me, as I was checking both rooms out. This young man AGAIN makes a point of saying 'your credit card declined for your balance, how did you want to take care of this'. Had I been with anyone other than my mother, I would have been a bit embarrassed. I reminded him that when he woke me up so early that morning on the phone, that I would be paying cash, and that it should have been noted in my account. All I will say is that this young man needs an attitude adjustment if the hospitality industry is going to remain his chosen career field.

This aside, I would still feel comfortable referring others to stay at this property for a weekend stay while visiting the Disney parks. We greatly enjoyed the rooms.

Room Tip: By the reviews, some buildings may be more updated than others. Building 6000 is a good one.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is a ripoff. Not a single person in the hotel was willing to take responsibility for anything that went wrong in the hotel.

The room:
The deal said we were supposed to have a sleep number bed as part of our reservation which we did not and when we called down to the front desk they said that it was, though it it had no controls and was incredibly uncomfortable. We asked for a smoking room and when we got to the floor and stepped out of the elevator, the entire hallway reeked of stale smoke. The room itself smelled as if they never used an air freshener at all and was generally a terrible experience, not to mention the holes in the carpet. The TV's reception was awful, lines and snow on almost every channel. There was only one small garbage pail in the room, making it very annoying throw out trash either in the main room or the bathroom, since you were forced to choose one or the other. Add to that if you want to "buy" a movie in the room they start at about $17.

Transportation:
The hotel advertises a shuttle to the parks that comes at set times, which is fine if they actually show up when they are supposed to. Almost every trip to the park was more than 30 minutes late and when we complained to the Guest services, they said that they don't manage it and to talk to the front desk. We talked to the front desk and they said that they don't manage the shuttle either, it's an entirely different company. If a hotel advertises an amenity, they need to be responsible for it. We were more than an hour late each day we went to the parks and it hindered our schedule. On one occasion a bus did come 25 minutes late and the driver stepped out of an empty bus (after waiting down the street for 10 minutes) and told us that he wasn't there to pick us but take a head count, which he didn't. Coming home, the shuttle did not even show up and a different shuttle from the same vendor was sitting right next to where we were supposed to pick up ours said he didn't know anything about it and wouldn't even bother to call dispatch since it wasn't his problem.

Hot Tub:
When we went to the hot tub to soak we found the first one turned off even though the hours were posted from about 8am - 11pm and we went around 7pm. We asked about the tub at the front desk and they had no clue about it but said there was another hot tub on the other side of the pool, we went there and saw that it was roped off with caution tape, which again the hotel had no idea about and would call the technician but had no idea when that would be.

Guest Services:
Despite it's name, Guest Services has nothing to do with serving the hotel's guests. Every time we went to them to ask questions about transportation (which a sign clearly stating we go there for transportation questions) or anything to do with the hotel, they said they don't handle it and to talk to the front desk. Don't even bother talking to them unless you specifically want tickets to a theme park, that's all they care about.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns on Room / Transportation with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Nassau, New Providence Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had ants all over the bed, table and the fridge but also the drinking glasses were still dirty with wine from the previous occupants. A shame for a reputated hotel chain not worth the name Radisson

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Please let me begin, by apologizing for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We have sent your feedback to the departments in questions and corrective action will be taken. We appreciate you taking the time to contact customer service as this feedback helps us determine areas of improvement. On behalf of Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration we do apologize and hope we are once again given the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel is ridiculous. It charges full price for horrible service. We chose this hotel for its shuttle to disney. However they send a tiny shuttle for 200 people. Obviously they knw they need more buses but they tell you to call a taxi. How is paying for a taxi a free shuttle. The elevator has been broken for two days!!! There is no water in the fridge as promised and the rooms are not vacuumed. We were told there was a 30 min wait for bell hop! Check in took 40 min. Wht bad service for such a high price!!

• Stayed December 2012
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share comments on your recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. I will share these comments with my team and look for ways to improve some of the items mention in your review.

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!