“A pleasant home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #33 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
New Jersey
“A pleasant home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just returned from our 8 night stay at this location. This was the 4th time staying here. We are in the Kissimme area 3 - 4 times a year and use Priceline to book our trips so we aren't fully sure what hotel we are getting until the bid is approved. We haven't stayed here in a few years and my memory from the previous stays wasn't pleasant - so I was a slight bit uneasy when I got this hotel.

We checked in around 8pm on a Saturday night and had to wait about 10 minutes because there was only one person at the counter and we were next in line. When we finally checked in the woman was extremely nice and helpful. We sometimes get picky when staying in hotels and request the quietest locations away from elevators and away from large groups if possible. She let us pick between 4 room locations. We had a Sleepnumber bed which was one of our biggest concerns. On our last two times in this hotel we didn't get that room and the beds were hard as a rock which made it very uncomfortable. We were already planning on buying a mattress pad if we didn't get the Sleepnumber bed.

We had a king room on the 5th floor of building 2. All of the rooms come with refrigerators, in room safes and the hotel has free wifi. The safe was big enough to hold both of our laptops comfortably which was great. Well ... I wouldn't say these are free because with taxes and resort fee there's an additional $13 added per night for your stay so these fees cover those amenities.

The bathroom was spacious and relatively clean. I expected a lot worse. The shower didn't have great pressure and the toilet didn't flush well. We had them look into those issues, but nothing was resolved. We didn't push the issue we just dealt with it. There was most likely a mildew stain here and there but nothing that stood out to me. The ventilation in the bathroom wasn't great so after every shower we had to wipe down the mirror.

We were only able to spend a half day at the pool which was nice. They have two pools (the smaller one is heated). The pool area is great and even has a water slide for everyone to use. We were there Saturday and they had a DJ and were doing games for the kids. They gave away free ice cream to everyone between 2 - 2:30pm which was cool too. There's a bar there but beware - it's very expensive. We asked for an additional shot of rum in a drink and they said they have to charge us for two full drinks to pay for the second shot.

There is plenty to do in the surrounding area. It's obviously close to Disney parks but there's also a lot on 192. Plenty of restaurants and about a mile away from a Publix so you can buy some groceries.

Overall we were very, very pleased staying here this time. We hope we get the opportunity to stay here again on the next trip and hope we get the same satisfaction staying here.

Room Tip: Request a Sleepnumber bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We used points to reserve 5 nights in two adjoining rooms for a family of 6.
Pros
The pool was beautiful even though we never used it
The exterior of the property was well maintained
The front desk staff was friendly
Housekeeping staff was friendly and polite.
The pizza hut cafe had a wide variety to choose from, and the food was fairly good
The rooms passed the socks test. My toddler ran from room to room and his white socks did not turn black. :-)

Cons
The rooms were clean, but the bathrooms were not. It had old toilets that had a large wall attachment. It appeared that there was a gap between the wall and the tank & so they used tissue to fill the gap.
The tile in the tub was discolored and had mildew on the grout. Both bathrooms had identical problems.
There was always room service trays left in front of the elevator.

Radisson Hotel - Lake Buena Vista is the best hotel I've experienced in Orlando. I will never return to the Celebration property. Showering for me is therapy. I needed therapy after each shower here. We shortened our trip & stayed at an ocean front resort in Melbourne. That stay was pure joy.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Cantonment, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration was outstanding from start to finish. Upon making the reservations I encountered an efficient and friendly phone operator, even though I could have used the internet to make the reservations.
Once arriving at the hotel, we were pleasantly greeted by the staff at the front desk. They were professional and welcoming.

Our room was clean, fresh smelling, and had very comfortable beds. Both my husband (who is very picky) and I slept well. The children (two girls) also slept well. I liked having a big bathroom to move around in and I loved the tiled floors and granite counter top. Another great feature was having enough plugs for all of the phones and laptops we brought with us. The internet access was super fast and easy to get on.

The best part of the hotel was having on-site restaurants with a variety of food choices, separate pools for kids and adults, an exercise room, gift shop, and lounge areas. Having scheduled activities for the kids was a definite plus. The grounds were landscaped beautifully.

I also enjoyed being able to catch the shuttle to the theme parks. The drivers were friendly, on time, and told us exactly when to expect to be picked up!

We thoroughly enjoyed the days we spent at Radisson and will definitely come back again and again.
Mary J. Holley-Lewis

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or have breakfast there, but, had a been there a few more days, I would have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at Radisson for 8 nights in July 2012 with my 2 children, ages 8 and 10. It's our third stay which shows that we enjoyed it. My 10-year-old son says that it's the "best hotel I've ever stayed in" (and he has been to many good hotels across the world!) This is certainly an exaggeration but shows the hotel's appeal to children.

It's a great base for the Orlando parks, very close to Disney. This time in fact we went to Universal but that's also only a 25 minute drive.

The children enjoy the pool, in fact 3 pools, which are much bigger than regular hotel pools and there's a great water slide. The children also enjoyed the poolside games and activities, and the friendly poolside "tiki" bar. After the intensity and heat of the theme parks and the huge water parks, the children actually preferred to stay by the pool one day, saving me money on admission tickets! Otherwise I prefer to spend only part of the day at the parks and spend the rest of the day by the hotel pool. The children made new friends quickly as they played by the pool. We are from UK and had a warm welcome from the staff and the guests alike, who are mainly US tourists.

The children enjoyed the breakfast buffet with a good selection of American breakfast foods and I find it to be great value as children eat free and the adult price is much lower than I am used to. There is also a "deli" which serves pizza hut pizzas, starbucks coffee and other fast foods. There aren't many low calorie or healthy options but I don't think this bothers most of the guests.

The rooms are spacious enough but I think they are due for renovation - nothing too serious but our shower head fell off the wall when I took a shower. It was quickly repaired. I also found some socks under the bed and some food from previous guests in the fridge. The Internet connection works well in the room and throughout the hotel.

I enjoyed the fitness room (which has all basic equipment) which is right next to the pool so I could use it while the children were playing and still keep an eye on them.

There's plenty of parking right outside, of course.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Second time staying here as a couple without the kids. There were lots of families and i thought this isnt gonna b the adult time we were hoping for but i gotta say it was very enjoyable. Children were well behaved as well as the over 18-99 year old kids. Fun in the sun in the daytime and nice and relaxing in the evening with a lot of folks still chillin poolside and lounging in really cool atmosphere hot tub. Lots of activities for everyone ( ping pong , freethrow basketball, and foosball on patio by pool. AWESOME gameroom with galaga,miss pacman, two pinball machines,terminator and alien shoot em up games and a real nice air hockey table. Very courteous staff and good food at the open late grill. Wish we woulda known about this place when the kids were young ,they woulda had a blast but we will be back again for a nice weekend away soon

• Stayed July 2012
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was nice. Clean. Great pools. Location is close to attractions. the price was great too. Next time we head to Orlando, I'm not going to bother calling anywhere else.

Room Tip: You can get a nice view of the pools. They aslo have shuttles to the parks.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We booked this with our Carlson points. The rooms look nothing like the online photos. We supposedly got the upgraded room. I can't imagine what the other room looked like. Ours was small, absolutely filthy with lifting carpet, dirt on the tables. The tv remote looked like it had never been wiped at all. The sleep number beds were a joke. We have a sleep number bed at home and believe me the hotel one is nothing close. The curtains are torn and the chair in the room looks so beaten down and dirty I didn't even want to out bags on it.
A huge disappointment. Felt grimy the whole time.
We decided not to stay and are going elsewhere as I write!

• Stayed August 2012
Tatianna782, Executive Assistant at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Please let me begin, by apologizing for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We have sent your feedback to the departments in questions and corrective action will be taken. We appreciate you taking the time to contact customer service as this feedback helps us determine areas of improvement. We would like to make it right please contact us so that we can restore your faith into Radisson resort Orlando-Celebration and hope we are once again given the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!