“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

After reading the reviews on trip advisor I decided not to stay at the Royale Park. I called the hotel to cancel my reservations. I received the front desk. I was still within my cancellation grace period. The front desk explained that only the manager had the authority to cancel a reservation. This was 8:45 am. I the interim I contacted my credit card company and told them not to authorize and transactions from this hotel. I called back in an hour. I was told by the very rude and unprofessional manager stated that it is their policy that I could cancel my reservation however I would be charged a 1 night penalty even though I was within the grace period. WHAT?? SERIOUSLY??? I contacted my bank again only to find out the Royale Park tried to process my card 5 times. At 9:01, 9:02, 9:03, 9:04 and 9:05. Do not give this hotel your business.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I recently stayed here for a week and was pleased with my choice. I needed a room that was clean, quiet and had a refrigerator and microwave as I was participating in the Disney wine & dine half marathon. I wasn't looking for fancy. Just a basic room for an affordable price and this property provided that. The property was conveniently located and easy to get to and from various attractions including Disneyland and Universal Studios as well as things such as restaurants and even a Target! There were plenty of places around to eat, some close enough to walk to, including Starbucks.

The hotel staff all seemed very nice and helpful when we asked questions or needed anything. It was great that upon our check-in at 2am, the front desk lady was nice, which was much appreciated as trying to get luggage at the airport and our rental car after a late flight was a bit of a nightmare. Housekeeping was very nice and respected the fact that we didn't need the room cleaned every day, thus leaving us alone when the 'do not disturb' sign was in the door lock. It appeared the hotel was under renovation but I didn't see or hear a whole lot of noise from that based on where we were located - next to the laundry and stairs on the second floor. While I didn't want to be near the elevator or the playground area, I got one of my two wishes and was pleasantly surprised how quiet it was being a few steps from the elevator. The one time guests were loud for a period of time, I stepped out and politely asked for them to quiet down and they obliged.

Loved the room set-up - living room with the kitchenette & bathroom in the middle and the bedrooms through the kitchenette. If someone got up before myself, they could go into the other room without making noise. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and there were enough linens. My only potential complaint was not enough pillows but I managed. The towels, which we had plenty of, were very soft, which I loved. At 6 feet tall, the shower head was actually tall enough for me to stand under, which is always a plus.

If you are looking for a nice, inexpensive (budget-friendly) property, I recommend staying here. If I find myself back in Florida for an extended period, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Rochester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had a great four nights at this hotel, even though as an older couple, we were not interested in taking advantage of all the benefits of free transport to Walt Disney World, etc. etc.
We did take advantage of the free buffet breakfast, free 24 hour coffee, high-speed Wi-Fi, on-site free parking, and Laundry Room with coin operated washing machines and driers.
Another benefit was the free Business Centre, with 3 PC's linked to a printer, ideal for printing boarding passes for onward flights etc.
There was also a good sized swimming pool and happy hour at the pool side bar every evening.
Our room was spacious and comfortable with two double beds in the bedroom and sofa and arm chairs in lounge area., plus TV's in each. Microwave and all essentials in kitchen area.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
West Berlin, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

hotel is clean making adjustments to bring up to date nice furniture everyone is friendly always willing to help the guests great location wouldn't stay anywhere else also great breakfast people in breakfast room went out of there way to help you always cleaning making sure all was ok at check in all front desk was very friendly like being home with your family

Room Tip: I prefer first floor but all rooms face the pool really good view in all 5 floors try it yo...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
QSRoyaleParcSuites, General Manager at Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and gracious comments about your visit with us and with our future guests.

We were glad to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, and thanks mentioning the upgrades to the hotel that we have just completed. I am happy that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and great location with easy access to Walt Disney World. Your comments about the helpfulness of our staff is especially appreciated, and I will pass on your words them.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you again soon!!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well I have read some of the reviews below, and all I can say is: next time pay over $150 and stay somewhere else! This hotel is all suites, which is AMAZING for families with children. My husband and I slept peacefully in our king bed with the bedroom door closed. Our 2 little girls slept on the pull-out sofa peacefully in the living room. TWO tvs, one for each room. So girls watched cartoons while we watched news :)
We arrived after our first day of WDW, and it took 3 minutes to check in. The lady welcomed us and told us every attraction of the hotel. We took the elevator to our room on the 5th floor, and the elevator was CLEAN! It's unfortunate that some people can complain about things so quickly, I wonder if their homes are as spotless as they expect hotels to be. Yes sanitary is very important, but I also understand that something can go overlooked until brought to your attention, and seems like the staff took care of the elevators quickly! Bravo!
We were so pleased with our room. It reminded me of a nice apartment in Paris, little kitchen with everything you need, nice bathroom, and a HUGE BEDROOM!
THE BREAKFAST WAS IMPRESSIVE! There were 5 people working the breakfast area, cleaning constantly, and cooking FRESH food! Very friendly and offered to get things for you.
OVERALL: I felt safe, welcomed, part of the family, and most importantly rested!
I and my family will be staying here again, we have Annual Passes so we'll see you guys in 2 months!
And yes, ANGEL is the perfect gentleman. And I can tell that the attitude of the entire staff is positive and PROUD of their hotel. A staff who takes pride in what they do goes a long way! BRAVO!!
Sincerely, Ina G.

Room Tip: There is a bar area outside and close to one side of the suites. So if you want the most quiet expe...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and gracious comments with us and our future guests. We are so happy that we provided for your comfort and played a small role in your successful vacation.

We do appreciate your recognition of our commitment to providing you with exceptional value by your kind words about the condition of our resort, the hotel’s spacious suites, and complimentary breakfast. Your remarks about the hospitality extended by our staff is specially appreciated…and I will share your words with them.

We are glad to see that we have earned your trust, and that we will be able to enjoy your business again and again!!! We value and appreciate your continued patronage, and will be looking forward to welcoming you back again in a few months.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After booking my room through the hotel's website (which was recommended as a "Walt Disney World Good Neighbor" hotel, I was severely disappointed. Upon first driving up to the hotel, we were greeted by a giant statue of a freaky clown. It looks like they were trying to create a "mardi gras" feel with their décor, but instead it looked like something out of my nightmares. The gentleman at the reception desk seemed bored and while he wasn't unfriendly, I certainly didn't feel welcomed. He also didn't seem knowledgeable about the layout of the hotel, as he had to correct himself three times to direct us to our suite. Then we went up the elevator-- it had the most terrible disgusting odor I have ever experienced. It smelled like someone had vomited in there. We used a different elevator the next time, and the smell in that one was worse. Signage all over the hotel was missing letters. The furniture in our room was scratched up, cabinets in the "kitchenette" were hanging loose. Obviously the owners of this hotel do not care one bit about keeping the place in good repair. The room itself was comfortable enough, the shower worked just fine, but it was dark and dingy. The room also had an unpleasant odor. Finally, the last straw of a terrible hotel stay, was that housekeeping entered the room while we were still sleeping. There was no knock to find out if someone happened to be there, they obviously didn't consult any sort of list to see that we would be checking out that morning but hadn't yet. I will never, EVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts and comments about your visit with us and with our future guests. I apologize that your experience was less than 100% to your satisfaction, and that we failed to reach our goal to exceed your expectations.

Our jesters are indeed a large part of our New Orleans Mardi Gras themed décor, which is carried out through the hotel’s abundance of wrought iron balcony railings and seating areas, Mardi Gras themed artwork in the lobby, a large themed Mardi Gras mask on the side of our building, and the New Orleans themed guestroom suite decor. The hotel’s jesters often serve as a favorite photo op location for families, and are very popular with children visiting our lobby area.

I am sorry for the odor that you encountered in our elevators. The odor that you noticed was from the adhesive used to install new flooring in our elevators.

I am glad to let you know that we are in the final stages of a 1.8 million dollar upgrade to the hotel, which, when completed in the next several weeks, will have addressed our shortcomings that you have brought to our attention.

Our housekeepers are trained and monitored to ensure that they announce themselves at least three times prior to entering a guestroom. It is unfortunate, and I apologize that you did not hear them announce themselves. Since the bedroom portion of our suites are in the rear of our units, we do encourage our guests to make use of the provided “Do Not Disturb” sign alert our housekeeping staff of the guest’s presence in the room.

Again, thank you for the comments that you have shared with us and our future guests. Your feedback is invaluable to help us improve to better provide for their comfort.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

yed here with my family and had two rooms. The photos online of the pool were pretty accurate but the rooms were not even close. We checked in and went into the elevator and it was disgusting. Spider webs, dead bugs in the glass. Then we went into our room and it was pretty decent at first. We went into the pool and hot tub and I went to shower and there was mold on the ceiling and it looked like water was leaking from the toilet. Then later the next day my swim suit had changed color! I was so mad it was new and it changed to a nasty purple and I wasn't the only one this happened to. Then we went to bed and I had my own. I woke up the next morning with DOZENS of bites on my legs!! That was not OK. Then that night around 7 we called for more blankets and then an hour later Nothing. I went down there to a guy overnight manger ( What a complete jerk ) said that they don't have clean blankets and they have to bring them some Where else to wash. So the next morning the lady manager was there and I told her What he said and she looked at me like I it wasn't true and apologized and said that they would bring the blankets. We went to Disney which was the most amazing part of the vacation. So when we got back to the room NO blankets. It was so irritating. I found bugs in the room also..I was very disappointed by this place. Just pay the extra money and stay somewhere better. This hotel kinda ruined my Florida vacation experience. Everyone in my group agreed and others staying at the hotel. Managment seems like they care but if they Did not a lot of these people would be complaining.

• Stayed August 2014
Ms. Green,

Since your visit with us over three months ago, I’m glad to report that a number of improvements in the areas that you mentioned have been made. I do appreciate and thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts about your visit last August with us and with our future guests. I apologize that your experience was less than 100% to your satisfaction, and that we failed to reach our goal to exceed your expectations. I was glad, however, to note that despite our shortcomings that you did choose to stay an additional night with us.

We are in the final stages of a 1.8 million dollar upgrade to the hotel, which, when completed in the next several weeks, has made improvements in a number of areas in our suites, including the renovation of our elevator interiors that you noted were in need of some attention.

I am sorry that the high standards that are now in place with our housekeeping and maintenance departments were not in evidence during your visit. We have extra blankets and pillow in the bedroom closet of all of our suites, but if additional items are needed, their certainly is no excuse that the blankets you requested were not promptly delivered.

We do have a manager on duty 24/7 to promptly address any concerns brought to our attention. Our records do not show any reports of potential pest problems in the room that you occupied. Upon receiving your review, as a precaution, we did instruct our pest control professional to inspect your room…and I am glad to report that no evidence of pests were found. Our pool is maintained by a certified pool operator daily, and our records do not show any abnormalities, nor have we received any reports of problems with faded swim ware.

Wade D. Michael, CHA, CMCA

Been to Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites? Share your experiences!