“Just a honest, non angry, and mellow review.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #65 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Just a honest, non angry, and mellow review.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

You've probably seen quite a few angry and poor reviews on this hotel and probably having mix feelings about this hotel. Let me give you a little background on my hotel experience. Back in college I worked as a front desk clerk, house maid, and maintenance adviser at a 4-star Super 8 Motel for 5 years during my college years. Time for the review.

Management: 4/5
The management was very responsive on our request when we had issues. We had the toilet issues around 11PM and the hotel was very responsive about our request. Within 20 minutes someone was able to come and address the toilet issue. It couldn't flush and I knew what the issue was, but I felt like it was the hotel's responsibility to address and fix the issue. They do have maids and maintenance works on site 24 hours. This is a plus.

Room: 3/5
The rooms are a little outdated by
around 5-7 years. On average a good hotel will change/swap interior items out after 3-5 years. This is due to wear and tear on furniture, drawers, shower curtains, just to name a few from everyday use. Their rooms are in need of a major update. Our kitchen had a broken cabinet door, worn out shower curtains, and the overall furniture was just old from wear and tear throughout the years. Some of the areas of the carpet was pulled up in which tacking it back down would address the issue. This could lead to trip hazards for people with walking issues. The bed was comfortable and was able to sleep most nights.

Breakfast: 4/5
For what you're paying for the breakfast buffet is great. If you're on a budget the breakfast buffet is great. Choices from various cereal, gravy, fruits, juices, and the list goes on. I would recommend their breakfast buffet. It's one of the better ones I've had during my travels. Just make sure to make it down there before 8AM or you'll be standing in line and won't be able to fine a seat to enjoy your breakfast.

Issues with Room, Hotel, etc: 2/5
Again the rooms are need for a major overhaul. We did find mold, mildew, and rust on the hinges on the doors in both bathrooms. We ended up killing 4 to 6 baby roaches in the kitchen throughout our 7 days at the hotel. Their towels are worn out and we found various what looked like pee stains on the wash towels. The last thing, they do have free internet, except the internet only works during the late morning or afternoon hours. This is due to high peak usage of the hotel's internet used by the guest via their WiFi connection in the early mornings and nights. This issue could be fixed if they were to upgrade or install additional ISP (internet service provider) connections for their guest. I'm hoping after they read all these reviews, action will be taken to address all these issues. This could bring in more business for them if their just step up their game on updating their rooms.

Overall: 3/5
The biggest question: Would I stay here again? The answer is yes, only if they would get all the issues addressed fixed. The hotel maids did a great job in keeping our room cleaned and provided us with daily maid service. They were very nice and greeted you every time you walked by. The rooms are extremely clean except the comments I made about the rooms above in this review. Great location, minutes away from Disney, Universal Studios, I-4, walking distance from a 7-11, just to name a few. This hotel has a lot of potential. I think this hotel will gradually keep going downhill in the next couple of years unless if they update their rooms to address all the issues i stated above.

1,102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
North Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Adequate but nothing else. Very dated. Would not stay again. Location was good however. The breakfast room was dark and noisy and the food was typical Orlando type food, just barely eatable. This is an older facility and really needs an update. The parking was very crowded the weekend that we stayed.

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had the most amazing family vacation. The people at this hotel did everything to make our stay fantastic. This is an older facility. If you are expecting caviar then you spend for caviar. This resort provides soooooooo much bang for your buck. And every day of our stay, they were continuing to improve. The resort had a change of ownership, we understand, back in late 2012. We arrived at the beginning of February 2013. For all the complaints I read, those people obviously need therapy. This is a delightful destination. The criticisims I read the week before my departure had me nervous. I was travelling with children. I was absolutely more than satisfied. We were in a 2 bedroom suite with a king size bed and 2 queen. We did breakfast at the included one; it was fantastic hot and cold, It satisfied everyone's needs. We Went shopping our first day and made lunches and dinners for our family for 8 days. We spent 3 days at Disney Parks, every afternoon and evening at the pool, and 3 days at Old Town, Kissimmee's best kept secret. This hotel was our HOME for 8 days: clean, safe, and comforting. Thank you. We are in the hospitality business in Canada and know what it is like to have to please. This hotel will please you with honest to goodness hominess. My name is Kate Chapman, and I am proud to have been a patron at this resort from the 3rd to the 10th of Feb. 2013. Thank you Quality Suites.

Room Tip: We were no wherenear the elevators, I can see being near the elevators would be annoying. We were on...
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The bad? We had to park next to a loud laundry facility out back. We had no issues with it although it was quite loud outside. (not in the rooms) Also, the network for the internet is ancient at this place and the very few times we actually did get a signal, it was horribly slow. We did call the front desk about it although there was nothing they could do. Ironically enough, we received our best signal on the morning we were checking out. This was still not a deal breaker as we were there to do things and not sit in the room.

The good? Everything else. The service was excellent and I cannot rave enough about the location. Old Town is a block away and that gave us a ton to do when we were not venturing to Disney on the free shuttle. (Seats were taken and had to stand on the bus.. but who cares? It was a short drive and sure beats paying $14 per vehicle to park) The breakfast was awesome and we really had a good time. It was kid friendly and we will definitely be returning to this place.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor (5th) and used the stairs mostly. It was great exercise although there is a...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a two bedroom suite...the room was clean..a/c worked great...house keeping came by every morning and we just requested fresh towels....the breakfast buffet was pretty good..would be nice to have a cold bar with fruits...but still good...the pool was packed with family's so it must have been nice...we went to Disney everyday... with the good location....(near Disney and restaurants) ...value...clean room...in my opinion this was a great stay..definitely would stay here again....I did not encounter any of the previously mentioned problems in other reviews..

• Stayed February 2013
Jacksonville, fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

You step in and the dark lobby with dingy floors and you are ignored by the two "sales people", their eyes are glued to their computers. At this point your first thoughts are "wth" but surprisingly you hear a soft voiced warm greeting across the room and the radiant smile puts you at ease. The front desk clerk was really courteous, friendly, professional, informative and clearly does not belong in place like this. I think she is African American or Dominican, I do not recall her name. Beware once you leave her presence, everything that you are accustomed to as far as being a guest is over. The supposedly guest services are sales people trying to send you off to view a timeshare. Once you show no interest they are not helpful. Your best bet is to wait for the agent to answer your questions. I say wait because she is alone, while she answers phones and runs the front desk. You enter your room and it smells of air freshener and musty mold or something of that sort, clean but not properly cleaned. When my agent called to welcome me, I did not share my worries because I felt like her service overshadowed my worries however I did not take off my shoes. WIFI did not work. AC did not work. The pool was nice but the surrounding area could use a good cleaning. The whole place is dirty and depressing. The breakfast was ok but I grabbed coffee and ate at Denny's. I will not be coming back. Stay away from this place. My rating for service is solely for the young lady who checked me in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Browns Mills, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

much improved, we stayed here for the past three years.just stayed this feb.with 0 complaints.staff was great,the house-keeping was the biggest improvment.I would recommend for those who stayed here before with a negative review to try the hotel again and for guests looking for a value hotel close to Disney this is a good choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites? Share your experiences!