You've probably seen quite a few angry and poor reviews on this hotel and probably having mix feelings about this hotel. Let me give you a little background on my hotel experience. Back in college I worked as a front desk clerk, house maid, and maintenance adviser at a 4-star Super 8 Motel for 5 years during my college years. Time for the review.
The management was very responsive on our request when we had issues. We had the toilet issues around 11PM and the hotel was very responsive about our request. Within 20 minutes someone was able to come and address the toilet issue. It couldn't flush and I knew what the issue was, but I felt like it was the hotel's responsibility to address and fix the issue. They do have maids and maintenance works on site 24 hours. This is a plus.
The rooms are a little outdated by around 5-7 years. On average a good hotel will change/swap interior items out after 3-5 years. This is due to wear and tear on furniture, drawers, shower curtains, just to name a few from everyday use. Their rooms are in need of a major update. Our kitchen had a broken cabinet door, worn out shower curtains, and the overall furniture was just old from wear and tear throughout the years. Some of the areas of the carpet was pulled up in which tacking it back down would address the issue. This could lead to trip hazards for people with walking issues. The bed was comfortable and was able to sleep most nights.
For what you're paying for the breakfast buffet is great. If you're on a budget the breakfast buffet is great. Choices from various cereal, gravy, fruits, juices, and the list goes on. I would recommend their breakfast buffet. It's one of the better ones I've had during my travels. Just make sure to make it down there before 8AM or you'll be standing in line and won't be able to fine a seat to enjoy your breakfast.
Issues with Room, Hotel, etc: 2/5
Again the rooms are need for a major overhaul. We did find mold, mildew, and rust on the hinges on the doors in both bathrooms. We ended up killing 4 to 6 baby roaches in the kitchen throughout our 7 days at the hotel. Their towels are worn out and we found various what looked like pee stains on the wash towels. The last thing, they do have free internet, except the internet only works during the late morning or afternoon hours. This is due to high peak usage of the hotel's internet used by the guest via their WiFi connection in the early mornings and nights. This issue could be fixed if they were to upgrade or install additional ISP (internet service provider) connections for their guest. I'm hoping after they read all these reviews, action will be taken to address all these issues. This could bring in more business for them if their just step up their game on updating their rooms.
The biggest question: Would I stay here again? The answer is yes, only if they would get all the issues addressed fixed. The hotel maids did a great job in keeping our room cleaned and provided us with daily maid service. They were very nice and greeted you every time you walked by. The rooms are extremely clean except the comments I made about the rooms above in this review. Great location, minutes away from Disney, Universal Studios, I-4, walking distance from a 7-11, just to name a few. This hotel has a lot of potential. I think this hotel will gradually keep going downhill in the next couple of years unless if they update their rooms to address all the issues i stated above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites hotel is located less than two miles from Walt Disney World resort complex in beautiful Kissimmee, Florida. This midscale all-suite hotel completed a multi-faceted redesign in 2008, creating a charming New Orleans French Quarter theme. The condo-style one and two bedroom suites sleep from one to ten guests. Private bedrooms with Serta Perfect Sleeper bedding, kitchenettes, dining area, and living area, plus 32-inch flatscreen HDTVs. Complimentary amenities include scheduled transportation to area theme parks, hot and cold breakfast buffet and high speed wireless internet access. Hotel amenities consist of a large lagoon-style pool with spacious sundeck, chaise lounges, pool towel service, poolside bar, Perky's Pizza Cafe' with burgers and other casual menu items, hot tub, kiddie pool, playground, game room, gift shop, launderette and lobby vacation planning desk. The hotel is within walking distance of numerous restaurants, shopping, grocery store and pharmacy and kid-friendly attractions including FunSpot USA and Old Town shoppes, dining and entertainment complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Quality Suites Royale Parc Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Suites Royale Parc Hotel Kissimmee
- Quality Inn Kissimmee
- Quality Hotel Royale Parc
- Quality Suites Maingate East