“Family friendly fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Atlanta
“Family friendly fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just stayed four nights at Parkway last week. I could not have been happier with the room and amenities. Traveling with three little ones 5 and under is no easy task, but we were made very at home here. Everything was perfectly clean, inside and outside, pools and playground. Our room was stocked with a generous supply of towels, and kitchen supplies were more than adequate.
The only problem we had was that I had booked through booking.com, and when we arrived the desk attendant had no record of our reservation, even though a pending charge had been made for a reservation deposit to our credit card. But I showed her our email confirmation and she got us taken care of immediately. We were not bothered about being sold a time share as other reviewers have mentioned.
Maid service was not included in our room rate, but I believe we could have added it. Personally I'd rather save the extra and wash my own towels and run the dishwasher, which is what we did. I loved being able to park right by our room, and not have to navigate through a hotel parking lot, hallways, and elevators with the kids and all our bags.
I would absolutely recommend Parkway International, especially to those with kids. And if I travel to the area again, I would chose to stay here again, no doubt!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recently returned from two weeks at Parkway. We have stayed in Orlando four previous times at different resorts and found Parkway to be a great base for our family holiday. Check in was easy. As mentioned in other reviews in order to get your parking permit it is necessary to go through the initial Timeshare sales pitch but this was easily negotiated with a polite but firm " thanks but no thanks"!! We were not bothered about this again during our stay unlike other resorts I could mention. The unit itself was clean, spacious and well equipped. We enjoyed the pool area a number of times and found it very relaxing, there was even live music one afternoon. The pool bar was great - we didn't eat there but what we saw looked and smelt great! An additional bonus has been the great service we have received since returning home to the UK. When we unpacked we realised that we had left a number of pairs of shoes behind in one of the cupboards. We contacted the resort and was put throught to the Security Manager, Angel. He has been absolutely brilliant in helping us to retrieve and arrange for the shoes to be returned to us. It's nice to know that great customer service is provided even when you have left the resort and the country.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were greeted very nicely by reception and directed through to another office to get a parking permit. Here we met two very charming ladies whose job, I fear, is to fill the time share sales pitch quotient. Under the guise of gifting tickets to various events we found ourselves signed up for a buffet breakfast. The $20 deposit I thought we were paying for the parking permit was actually for this. We had had a long flight and a very long wait at immigration and were tired and hungry. I feel quite aggrieved that our first experience of Parkway was this!!! It coloured my view of our stay. The rooms are spacious and clean but very dark. Tv had limited viewing and poor reception. Pool was lovely. Pool bar also good. The location was pretty handy so no complaints there. We didn't go to the buffet "timeshare sales" breakfast and considered the loss of $20 annoying but a small price to avoid the always annoying timeshare sales!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Woodstock, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great little time-share. My parents are owners so I've stayed here many times over the last twenty plus years.

The property is well maintained and includes a beautiful pool with waterfall, poolside bar, game room, kids playground, exercise facilities, a nature trail and much more. In May, our most recent visit, it was very quiet.

Our room was suppose to sleep 6 privately (2 per room) with two rooms and presumably the living room sleeping 2. We were very comfortable. Everything was clean with practically all the comforts of home. As with all time-shares I've ever been to, expect to clean your own dishes. They do offer a cleaning service once a week though, but it is optional and must be requested.

Parkway's location is probably one of, if not its best feature. It's close to everything. Less than ten minutes from the Disney parks, 15 from Universal and the outlet mall and around 20 minutes from
Orlando. There is also a plethora of restaurants, shops and other attractions within about 5 minutes and some are even accessible by foot. Celebration, a quaint little town with shops and restaurants, is a stone throw away.

The service, what we saw of them, which was very little, was great. Very friendly and helpful. A cautionary note though; they will try to sucker you into a half day tour of their property with the intention of selling you a time-share in the guise of a free meal or low attraction ticket prices. Unfortunatly there is no way to avoid the sales pitch as they send you to the sales person to get your parking pass, but tell them you're not interested and you should be fine. Unless of course, you are planning on buying, then by all means.

We had the choice of exchanging to a different property, but Parkway was a safe bet. We'll be back.

weston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have to start off by saying that the person who reviewed prior to me should not stay in an Orlando resort if they don't want kids in the jacuzzi! Orlando is a family friendly/kid friendly city! Kids WILL be in the jacuzzi where ever you choose to stay.
Moving on...this is a great place to stay! It's cozy and comfortable and very close to Disney! It took us about 10 minutes to get to Disney property at the most!
So, nothing fancy schmancy here but who cares? Aren't you in Orlando for the parks? The pool at Parkway is perfect. It's large, has a jacuzzi, and a baby pool. There is a playground next to it and shuffleboard on the other side. The pool also backs up to a pretty little forest (where the nature trail is). The bar at the pool is perfect and reasonably price.

The units are awesome to be quite honest! They are larger than any Marriott or Hilton timeshare I've stayed in. The bed in the master is super comfy. We slept great! The bathroom is updated and unlike others who spoke of a small vanity, I had no issues with this. There is a drawer and two cabinets below with plenty of space for all of your toiletries. How many toiletries do you need on top of the vanity?
One thing I should note is that I saw that many reviewers mentioned how clean the unit is. I couldn't agree more. It's immaculate! Cleaner than any Marriott or Hilton I've stayed in. Cleanliness is very important to me!!
My only complaints: I think a little updating is needed. We didn't have a disposal in our kitchen sink and I for one really like having a disposal. Bathroom towel hooks are needed here. There are no hooks on the bathroom door or outside of shower. I only saw one towel rack and it's far from the shower. The lobby of the resort is cute but also looks outdated. It reminds me of a motel lobby and I think it could be freshened up! I know that sounds petty but just my opinion :).
The activities coordinator at the pool didn't seem very friendly and inviting. She seemed to have some real fun stuff to do with the kids but my children had no desire to approach her. I think she should have approached my kids or made some sort of announcement that she had activities. We only stayed four nights but two of those afternoons we went to the pool and I experienced the same thing both days. When I finally went over there, I saw that she had many things my older child would have done. In my experience at other resorts, the activities are advertised and announced better.
We stayed near the nature trail entrance and not facing the pool. We didn't have a view. I can handle that but a few more trees in between the buildings would be nice instead of just looking at another building. If you are going to stay here, try to get a pool view or close view to the nature trail. We have little ones so staying on the first floor was a plus and very helpful. There are three floors and no elevators. If you don't want to walk a flight or two, ask for the first floor.

Overall, a very nice place to stay with nice amenities. Very close to Disney and lots of restaurants. I enjoyed my stay and my kids were super happy with the pool, playground (and jacuzzi). I really liked the unit and parking was also easy and close to the unit. I also like the fact that there is a back door.

Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for poolside unless you don't want extra noise.
KEARNY, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am writing this review as I sit by the pool. The rooms are pretty spacious and clean. Shower is quite small and the sink vanity leaves little space for toiletries. Free wi fi for up to six devices. Pool bar a nice perk. Some good lunch choices. The only negative is that the adults cannot enjoy the jacuzzi outside because its always filled with kids. Nice size pool with plenty of tables and chairs. Nice location close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed there with our 2 and 5 yr old grandchildren for one week and it was great. Having stayed on the Disney grounds many times, this place cannot be beat for easy, and short access to Disney and other attractions, and convenient to a huge array of close restaurants. Pool area is large and beautiful with a child's wading pool, very nice playground and beautiful nature trail. The condo was two bedrooms, with parking right outside of the unit, which again is quite convenient and helpful after so much walking in theme parks all day. I can't say enough good about this place, particularly traveling with children or a group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkway International Resort? Share your experiences!