I have to start off by saying that the person who reviewed prior to me should not stay in an Orlando resort if they don't want kids in the jacuzzi! Orlando is a family friendly/kid friendly city! Kids WILL be in the jacuzzi where ever you choose to stay.
Moving on...this is a great place to stay! It's cozy and comfortable and very close to Disney! It took us about 10 minutes to get to Disney property at the most!
So, nothing fancy schmancy here but who cares? Aren't you in Orlando for the parks? The pool at Parkway is perfect. It's large, has a jacuzzi, and a baby pool. There is a playground next to it and shuffleboard on the other side. The pool also backs up to a pretty little forest (where the nature trail is). The bar at the pool is perfect and reasonably price.
The units are awesome to be quite honest! They are larger than any Marriott or Hilton timeshare I've stayed in. The bed in the master is super comfy. We slept great! The bathroom is updated and unlike others who spoke of a small vanity, I had no issues with this. There is a drawer and two cabinets below with plenty of space for all of your toiletries. How many toiletries do you need on top of the vanity?
One thing I should note is that I saw that many reviewers mentioned how clean the unit is. I couldn't agree more. It's immaculate! Cleaner than any Marriott or Hilton I've stayed in. Cleanliness is very important to me!!
My only complaints: I think a little updating is needed. We didn't have a disposal in our kitchen sink and I for one really like having a disposal. Bathroom towel hooks are needed here. There are no hooks on the bathroom door or outside of shower. I only saw one towel rack and it's far from the shower. The lobby of the resort is cute but also looks outdated. It reminds me of a motel lobby and I think it could be freshened up! I know that sounds petty but just my opinion :).
The activities coordinator at the pool didn't seem very friendly and inviting. She seemed to have some real fun stuff to do with the kids but my children had no desire to approach her. I think she should have approached my kids or made some sort of announcement that she had activities. We only stayed four nights but two of those afternoons we went to the pool and I experienced the same thing both days. When I finally went over there, I saw that she had many things my older child would have done. In my experience at other resorts, the activities are advertised and announced better.
We stayed near the nature trail entrance and not facing the pool. We didn't have a view. I can handle that but a few more trees in between the buildings would be nice instead of just looking at another building. If you are going to stay here, try to get a pool view or close view to the nature trail. We have little ones so staying on the first floor was a plus and very helpful. There are three floors and no elevators. If you don't want to walk a flight or two, ask for the first floor.
Overall, a very nice place to stay with nice amenities. Very close to Disney and lots of restaurants. I enjoyed my stay and my kids were super happy with the pool, playground (and jacuzzi). I really liked the unit and parking was also easy and close to the unit. I also like the fact that there is a back door.
Would stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelClick, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee