“Nice Family Resort!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
weston
“Nice Family Resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have to start off by saying that the person who reviewed prior to me should not stay in an Orlando resort if they don't want kids in the jacuzzi! Orlando is a family friendly/kid friendly city! Kids WILL be in the jacuzzi where ever you choose to stay.
Moving on...this is a great place to stay! It's cozy and comfortable and very close to Disney! It took us about 10 minutes to get to Disney property at the most!
So, nothing fancy schmancy here but who cares? Aren't you in Orlando for the parks? The pool at Parkway is perfect. It's large, has a jacuzzi, and a baby pool. There is a playground next to it and shuffleboard on the other side. The pool also backs up to a pretty little forest (where the nature trail is). The bar at the pool is perfect and reasonably price.

The units are awesome to be quite honest! They are larger than any Marriott or Hilton timeshare I've stayed in. The bed in the master is super comfy. We slept great! The bathroom is updated and unlike others who spoke of a small vanity, I had no issues with this. There is a drawer and two cabinets below with plenty of space for all of your toiletries. How many toiletries do you need on top of the vanity?
One thing I should note is that I saw that many reviewers mentioned how clean the unit is. I couldn't agree more. It's immaculate! Cleaner than any Marriott or Hilton I've stayed in. Cleanliness is very important to me!!
My only complaints: I think a little updating is needed. We didn't have a disposal in our kitchen sink and I for one really like having a disposal. Bathroom towel hooks are needed here. There are no hooks on the bathroom door or outside of shower. I only saw one towel rack and it's far from the shower. The lobby of the resort is cute but also looks outdated. It reminds me of a motel lobby and I think it could be freshened up! I know that sounds petty but just my opinion :).
The activities coordinator at the pool didn't seem very friendly and inviting. She seemed to have some real fun stuff to do with the kids but my children had no desire to approach her. I think she should have approached my kids or made some sort of announcement that she had activities. We only stayed four nights but two of those afternoons we went to the pool and I experienced the same thing both days. When I finally went over there, I saw that she had many things my older child would have done. In my experience at other resorts, the activities are advertised and announced better.
We stayed near the nature trail entrance and not facing the pool. We didn't have a view. I can handle that but a few more trees in between the buildings would be nice instead of just looking at another building. If you are going to stay here, try to get a pool view or close view to the nature trail. We have little ones so staying on the first floor was a plus and very helpful. There are three floors and no elevators. If you don't want to walk a flight or two, ask for the first floor.

Overall, a very nice place to stay with nice amenities. Very close to Disney and lots of restaurants. I enjoyed my stay and my kids were super happy with the pool, playground (and jacuzzi). I really liked the unit and parking was also easy and close to the unit. I also like the fact that there is a back door.

Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for poolside unless you don't want extra noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
KEARNY, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am writing this review as I sit by the pool. The rooms are pretty spacious and clean. Shower is quite small and the sink vanity leaves little space for toiletries. Free wi fi for up to six devices. Pool bar a nice perk. Some good lunch choices. The only negative is that the adults cannot enjoy the jacuzzi outside because its always filled with kids. Nice size pool with plenty of tables and chairs. Nice location close to many restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed there with our 2 and 5 yr old grandchildren for one week and it was great. Having stayed on the Disney grounds many times, this place cannot be beat for easy, and short access to Disney and other attractions, and convenient to a huge array of close restaurants. Pool area is large and beautiful with a child's wading pool, very nice playground and beautiful nature trail. The condo was two bedrooms, with parking right outside of the unit, which again is quite convenient and helpful after so much walking in theme parks all day. I can't say enough good about this place, particularly traveling with children or a group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Parkway International Resort's best feature is its location — I don't think you could be any closer to Walt Disney World without being on the Disney property. Probably five minutes from your parking space at Parkway to your parking space in any of the Disney parking lots.

The property is clean and well-maintained, and the staff is friendly, efficient, and eager to provide good service. The rooms (ours was two bedroom/two bath, not sure if they have other sizes) are decent sized and have a full kitchen and a living room with pull-out sofa. There's also a washer and dryer for your laundry in the unit.

The unit was very clean, but the furniture was not of high quality (while I never have high expectations for comfort when sitting on a pull-out sofa, this one lowered the bar to a previously-unreached level of discomfort) and the second bedroom had two twin-sized beds which were fixed in place. This might be an issue if you are traveling as a group of adults, as we were.

The master bathroom was large, but half the room is occupied by a large jacuzzi tub (which we never used), leaving room for a tiny shower you can barely turn around in and a tiny sink and vanity with no place to put toiletries. It was kind of inconvenient – I'd have preferred a bigger shower and some countertop space, and would have ditched the jacuzzi tub, but perhaps some people actually use them. There is a small wet bar in the living/dining area which we used to supplement our meager bathroom "primping" area. The second bathroom was more normal-sized and had plenty of counter space.

The bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped (there was plenty of glassware and silverware, which was appreciated – some timeshare units really skimp on quantity of those items.)

All in all, I would recommend Parkway, but more to families with children (due to the twin beds in the second bedroom) than groups of adults. It's not a high-end place, but represents good value and reasonable comfort.

By the way, not sure it's worth getting talking into the timeshare presentation; it takes a lot longer than promised and was pretty high-pressure. If you're in the market, it's probably a good deal, but we spent almost three hours for a $100 reward.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ParkwayManager, Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear “DTnSF”, the Team at Parkway truly appreciates you taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is extremely valuable for us in identifying opportunities to improve the overall vacation experience. It appears that many of the comments you posted in reference to the master bathroom and beds in the guest bedroom were mentioned in the posting just before yours! You’ll notice that in our response, the layout in the bathrooms in the 3rd floor units is different than those on the 1st and 2nd floors. Requesting a unit on one of the bottom two floors should alleviate your concerns with the counter space and shower. One thing that we should have mentioned in the previous posting but failed to; is that we do have the ability to move the 2 twin beds in the guest bedroom together. We have done this in the past and are happy to do this upon request to make our guests more comfortable. It should also please you to know that we have recently replaced many of the sleeper sofas in our units. We are in the process of purchasing approximately 50 more, that should be installed in the coming months.
We’re happy that you would recommend Parkway and believe it “represents good value and reasonable comfort.” Now that you and the readers of your posting possess newfound knowledge in regards to the master bathrooms, guest bedrooms, and sleeper sofas; we’re confident our Resort will be an ideal vacation spot for everyone! Thanks again “DTnSF” for your insightful feedback and we hope to see you in the future.
San Francisco, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I don't have a lot of complaints about this place, but I can only rate it average. There's nothing amazing about this place and it will definitely serve the needs of any family coming to Orlando. This is a timeshare so it's perfect for families as you can cook and do laundry. The few complaints that I do have are:

1) The second bedroom only had 2 twin beds. This might be great for families but for a group of adults sharing a two bedroom, it required those staying in the non-master to sleep in twin beds. The beds were bolted to the wall so they could not be pushed together to make a larger bed.

2) The master bathroom was poorly configured for adults. The shower was extremely small and there was not enough sink area to lay out one's toiletries. One of the adults used the wet bar in the living room as his bathroom sink. The "kids bathroom" on the other hand had a full sink counter.

3) Our door did not work on more than one occasion. It was not a matter of our keys just getting demagnetized. All of our keys stopped working and we didn't even get a red light when we tried to unlock the door.

4) Don't believe Judy and her timeshare speech. She will tell you that all you have to do is go see a unit and fill out a survey telling them what you thought of the unit to get the monetary lure, but you are stuck in a full-on, as you would suspect, timeshare presentation. We had an 8:45 appt and weren't out of there until 11:30.

The positives:

1) The staff was very helpful, and despite getting suckered into a timeshare presentation (we did get $100 though for enduring it), Judy was very knowledgeable about what to do in the area and helpful.

2) The resort wasn't large and therefore didn't feel very crowded. It was easy to get in and out of, and was very conveniently located.

3) Though the decor was a little dated and the furniture cheap and slightly uncomfortable, it was very clean and well-maintained.

All in all, I would recommend staying here if you are a family with two young children and are looking for something medium value where you can have some of the comforts of home (kitchen, laundry) that you would not get at a hotel. I would not recommend this place if you are a group of adults.

Room Tip: The units have a front and back door. Ask for one of the units where the back door leads directly ou...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ParkwayManager, Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear “Gregory W”, thanks so much for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated and bring light to Parkway’s unit configurations. Our units are all two-bedrooms and relatively large at 1200 square feet. The living and dining areas, as well as the master bedrooms are quite roomy. Comparatively, the guest bedrooms are more compact, and may not be as comfortable for adults seeking a king or queen size bed. Many of our master bathrooms have been updated. It sounds as though you may have stayed in one of our 3rd floor units? The layout in these bathrooms is a little different and has less counter space. Many of our guests are happy to overlook this nuance, as these units also have vaulted ceilings, wet bars, and ceramic tile throughout the living space. As you mentioned, most families enjoy such a design, but such a layout may not suit everyone’s preference. Something that may be noteworthy, is that we’re always happy to move anyone to another unit if the layout is more desirable. Our primary goal is that our guests are comfortable and enjoy their vacation. In regards to the keys malfunctioning, I can only offer my sincere apologies. The locks on our entry doors are very standard electronic locks. These types of locks do occasionally require batteries or reprogramming. It’s fair to say that our guests don’t experience problems with any more frequency than any other hotel or resort. We do provide 24 hour security and our response time is typically very prompt in the event a key problem arises.
We do greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff being helpful and knowledgeable, the Resort being clean and well maintained, as well as being conveniently located. It’s our hope that you decide to return the next time you’re in the Orlando area. We’ll make sure you are in one of our 1st or 2nd floor units so you have ample counter space for your toiletries. Thanks again “Gregory W!”
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stumbled upon this hotel on hotels.com and it looked nice and the price was great. When we arrived it was just as I saw it. I found out it is a timeshare setup and the owners rent them as hotel rooms, but the rooms are great and clean. But if you are looking for daily maid service look elsewhere, which was fine for us. Great pool and very convenient. Will stay here every time at Disney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this great location, well equipped resort. The kids had their own beds while we enjoyed a large master bedroom. The in-suite laundry was awesome to have. The full kitchen provided us with plenty of space to cook in and having 2 bathrooms is always a bonus.
The property itself is dated but for what it's worth, it was very comfortable. The trails through the resort are really well maintained. The kids went to the pool but came back right away. They said it was too cold for them.
I also want to mention that I left a necklace that I purchased while I was on holidays. It was a $1200 necklace and when I realized that I was irresponsible and left it there, my husband called the resort from the airport and they found it and called us to let us know that they indeed found it. They immediately shipped it back to the west coast of Canada. So a big shout out to Angel and staff that sent my necklace back. Thank you!, I received it this afternoon.
Will definitely stay here next time as well as recommend the resort to my friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkway International Resort? Share your experiences!