Parkway International Resort's best feature is its location — I don't think you could be any closer to Walt Disney World without being on the Disney property. Probably five minutes from your parking space at Parkway to your parking space in any of the Disney parking lots.
The property is clean and well-maintained, and the staff is friendly, efficient, and eager to provide good service. The rooms (ours was two bedroom/two bath, not sure if they have other sizes) are decent sized and have a full kitchen and a living room with pull-out sofa. There's also a washer and dryer for your laundry in the unit.
The unit was very clean, but the furniture was not of high quality (while I never have high expectations for comfort when sitting on a pull-out sofa, this one lowered the bar to a previously-unreached level of discomfort) and the second bedroom had two twin-sized beds which were fixed in place. This might be an issue if you are traveling as a group of adults, as we were.
The master bathroom was large, but half the room is occupied by a large jacuzzi tub (which we never used), leaving room for a tiny shower you can barely turn around in and a tiny sink and vanity with no place to put toiletries. It was kind of inconvenient – I'd have preferred a bigger shower and some countertop space, and would have ditched the jacuzzi tub, but perhaps some people actually use them. There is a small wet bar in the living/dining area which we used to supplement our meager bathroom "primping" area. The second bathroom was more normal-sized and had plenty of counter space.
The bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped (there was plenty of glassware and silverware, which was appreciated – some timeshare units really skimp on quantity of those items.)
All in all, I would recommend Parkway, but more to families with children (due to the twin beds in the second bedroom) than groups of adults. It's not a high-end place, but represents good value and reasonable comfort.
By the way, not sure it's worth getting talking into the timeshare presentation; it takes a lot longer than promised and was pretty high-pressure. If you're in the market, it's probably a good deal, but we spent almost three hours for a $100 reward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee