I don't have a lot of complaints about this place, but I can only rate it average. There's nothing amazing about this place and it will definitely serve the needs of any family coming to Orlando. This is a timeshare so it's perfect for families as you can cook and do laundry. The few complaints that I do have are:
1) The second bedroom only had 2 twin beds. This might be great for families but for a group of adults sharing a two bedroom, it required those staying in the non-master to sleep in twin beds. The beds were bolted to the wall so they could not be pushed together to make a larger bed.
2) The master bathroom was poorly configured for adults. The shower was extremely small and there was not enough sink area to lay out one's toiletries. One of the adults used the wet bar in the living room as his bathroom sink. The "kids bathroom" on the other hand had a full sink counter.
3) Our door did not work on more than one occasion. It was not a matter of our keys just getting demagnetized. All of our keys stopped working and we didn't even get a red light when we tried to unlock the door.
4) Don't believe Judy and her timeshare speech. She will tell you that all you have to do is go see a unit and fill out a survey telling them what you thought of the unit to get the monetary lure, but you are stuck in a full-on, as you would suspect, timeshare presentation. We had an 8:45 appt and weren't out of there until 11:30.
1) The staff was very helpful, and despite getting suckered into a timeshare presentation (we did get $100 though for enduring it), Judy was very knowledgeable about what to do in the area and helpful.
2) The resort wasn't large and therefore didn't feel very crowded. It was easy to get in and out of, and was very conveniently located.
3) Though the decor was a little dated and the furniture cheap and slightly uncomfortable, it was very clean and well-maintained.
All in all, I would recommend staying here if you are a family with two young children and are looking for something medium value where you can have some of the comforts of home (kitchen, laundry) that you would not get at a hotel. I would not recommend this place if you are a group of adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious two bedroom condos (up to six people), fully furnished, living room, dining area, full kitchens, washer/dryer, in-room safe, whirlpool, 2 heated swimming pools, game and fitness room, organized activities, volleyball, racquetball, BBQ/picnic area, children’s playground, one mile from Animal Kingdom®. Shopping, restaurants, and golf nearby. AAA 3-diamond property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Tingo, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Parkway International Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkway International Hotel Kissimmee
- Parkway International Kissimmee