“Bad Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Mansfield, Texas
“Bad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We arrived for Thanksgiving week and everything looked great when we arrived. But it all went downhill from there. The first night we were there we called at 10:30 toask login for Internet. We waited on hold for 15 minutes so I hung up and called back and was left on hold another 15 minutes. I tried to call back but I got there voicemail because they left us on hold and just left. Very unproffesional everytime we called the whole stay. Then we were sleeping at 1 Am and my wife woke up frantic because she heard something under our bed. Apparently we had a visitor in our room so she did not sleep well all night. We looked everywhere but could not find whatever our visitor. The next morning I called to let them know of our problem and asked to switch us to another room. They decided to let us move and did not bother to help us transfer our things. Then we moved into the new room and realized they downgraded us to a room that was dirty and old. The curtains did not even belong in the room. 2 feet to long. The worst part was the bed was dirty. We woke up after first night with our body itching and legs burning. So when we took the sheets off to wash them the cover underneath was filthy. We tried to stay in the room only as little as possible. Luckily we went to the parks daily and had family staying at the marriott so we stayed there for most of the time except for bedtime. I called the General Manager Chris and after telling him of our miserable stay he decided to refund us $225 to help with our dissatisfaction. That was the only good part of our stay. LOL!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ParkwayManager, Manager at Parkway International Resort, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear “Jamie W“ – Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. It may please you to know that all your feedback was shared with the leadership team and appropriate actions taken to avoid a possible recurrence. We do take all feedback seriously and use it in a constructive manner. For any viewers that may consider Parkway International in the future, we’d like to share some helpful information in regards to your feedback. 1.) The use and corresponding charges of wireless internet service is reviewed with all arriving guests upon check in. Instructions are clearly printed along with a toll free number inside every unit should there be a problem accessing the service. 2.) Black out drapes have been installed for privacy and to allow our guests the best possible sleeping experience. Of the 3 different lengths of drapes, we realized we had installed the incorrect drape in the master bedroom of your 2nd unit. We are terribly sorry for this oversight, but such an issue can be quickly remedied by dialing the Front Desk. 3.) Our staff that processes laundry, cleaners that make the beds, and inspectors that facilitate a thorough inspection prior to a unit being available; are 3 different points at which we check linens prior to check in. We therefore, rarely receive feedback about stained or soiled linens. In the event that any of our guests feel their linens are not clean or fail to meet their standards, fresh linens will be delivered to their unit 24 hours a day. 4.) As a timeshare Resort, we do not have dedicated staff to carry luggage and personal belongings to the units. This is a service that is typically offered at larger full service hotels and resorts. Although we don’t have employees assigned to this particular task, we are always happy to assist anyone that requests assistance 24 hours a day.
Dear “Jamie W,” we do greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you can accept our sincere apology for the series of mishaps that led to a less than desirable experience at our Resort. In fairness to the Trip Advisor viewership that has not experienced Parkway International, we felt it important to inform them that the areas you referenced in your posting do not occur with any frequency and can be immediately rectified in the unlikely event they do. In lieu of this, we feel certain that if you were to povide us with a second chance, it would result in a wonderful vacation experience for you and your family. Thanks again "Jamie W" and we hope to see you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I took my mom here for a birthday celebration weekend for her 70th birthday. The room was beautiful, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, huge tub, screened in balcony, full kitchen with pots, utensils, everything you need, dining area, living room, TV's everywhere, very clean and very comfortable. The staff are extremely helpful; from the person who booked the room, who also had my theme park tickets and dinner tickets waiting for me at the front desk, to the front desk staff. I never was pressured or even asked if I wanted to purchase a time share. Parking was right in front of the room and we felt safe in the resort. I will be going back to Parkway when I go to the area again. Thank you Parkway for making my mom's birthday weekend the best ever for her!! Also, thanks for the low price that helped me do this for her too, and she thinks that I spent a ton of money on the room;-)

Room Tip: We were in "F" and no issues at all. Very quiet area and convenient to your car.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
south wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Arrived quite late but very welcoming check in. Unit was very good. Had just had a refurb. Couldn't fault it other than no remote controls in the bedrooms.
Pool area was great, could do with a bit more power in the jacuzzi but very well kept.
Judy was very helpful with the activities, coupons, and the occasional chocolate!!
Reception staff, Shayna and Stacey were extremely efficent and friendly. Every time I went they could not have been more helpful, one day going out of their way to find me directions to various places, printing them off for me etc. They are a credit to the place.
I would happily visit this resort again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

A nice place, very clean, is not a simple room is a apartment, great location, parking, the facilities are nice, I really enjoyed my time at this hotel
after a tiring day at the parks, or shopping, it was great to have a jacuzzi in the room, you can cook if you prefer, several televisions, pisicina nice, very peaceful and quiet.
supermarket and restaurants close of the hotel, Charles's steak house wooow I really love this place jejeje
In conclusion a good quality and good price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family really commended me for picking this hotel. We stayed for a full two weeks. It really has everything you need, including very helpful staff. The check-in was quick, the customer service reps were very helpful in getting me great deals on restaurants and park tickets, without having to attend a timeshare presentation.
The rooms are huge, and we were able to save a lot of $$$ preparing some of our own meals, since the kitchen is equipped with a large fridge, stove, oven, microwave, toaster, etc. It even had a washer-dryer that we used a few times.
The hotel is only a few minutes away from the Magic Kingdom, and all the other parks, as well as restaurants, and Outlet Malls.
I really have no complaints!!!

Room Tip: The Kalahari section has a great veiw. Don´t use the phone in the hotel room for international cal...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed at Parkway many times and have never been disappointed. The management should be commended in the decision making process when hiring the employees. Parkway has the "best staff" I have ever encountered anywhere based on their courteousness, helpfulness, pleasant demeanor and something you don't find "nowadays" true caring for the guests. We stayed at Parkway during "Sandy" and the caring and concern from the employees touched my heart. My thanks to Sandya, Sol and the social director (sorry the name slips my mind) they are the best threesome. Your security guards are caring and will also jump in to help. Parkway's staff puts Disney to shame. I also want to thank Parkway for the "upkeep" of the property. The property is always clean and your needs are always addressed (towels, soaps etc.) Thanks to ALL who made our stay wonderful. Thanks for 1st floor unit which enabled my husband to get around alot easier.

Room Tip: all rooms at Parkway (based on my experience over the years) are great!) If you have a senior citize...
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was overally impressed with the quality and cleanliness of this property. The check-in was prompt and courteous; most importantly the room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The furnishings were current and good quality; the kitchen and bathrooms were very clean. For a family of (5) this was the perfect place to stay when you are visiting the area and doing to amusement parks. My only downside was the pool was not heated and the website said it was. Not a big deal since the master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub so that made up for it; the pool looked very nice - just too cold to take the dip we were looking forward to after a day at Magic Kingdom. Thanks - we will be back again & again & again!

Room Tip: No elevators so if you are shy on stairs; ask for a 1st floor or 2nd floor room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Parkway International Resort? Share your experiences!