“kim and aggie from "how clean is your house" would have a field day!!!!!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Kissimmee West

You added Knights Inn Kissimmee West to your Saves list
Knights Inn Kissimmee West
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4651 West Irlo Bronson Highway (Us 192), Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Record Parkside Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

we were so tired when we got there. was glad of clean bedding, but woke up next morning!!! when i closed bathroom door i was horrified to see hair and dirt that really made me cringe, as i knew for certain it didnt belong to us!!!!!! taps and plugs leaking, filth around taps and everywhwre really! my hubby was so pissed with this he fixed it ! there was loads of dust on the furniture that was obviously there for a while .continental breakfast was.....help yourself to whatever's left from the regulars who stay there permanently! honestly, pay extra and stay on int drve!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

The only good thing was clean sheets and we did sleep good, but a 12-hour car ride could do that to anybody. Couldn't find anyone to turn in the key to the next a.m. Supposed to receive continental breakfast; never saw any food other than my own. Ice machine was broken. In-room refrigerator wasn't plugged up if we wanted to use it - no thanks since signs posted stated a charge for in-room refrigerator. Used my disinfecting wipes on EVERYTHING before we touched anything. Pool looked clean, but didn't take time to try it out. Needed a room for one night before heading onto WDW property for the week. Stayed elsewhere last year and wished we'd have gone back. Certainly a value, but then again, you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

My wife and I were trying to do Florida/Universal/Florida on the cheap, so we decided to give this place a try, as we got a rate of $27/night. Well, you get what you pay for. This place was in serious need of some updating. Our room badly needed a fresh coat of paint, the dresser drawers really didn't work, and there was some mold on the bathroom ceiling. Overall, the place was relatively clean, just old. The front desk staff was pleasant, but beware Southwest Airlines passengers, the front desk staff had no idea what we were talking about when we asked if they could print our boarding passes (thankfully the kind people at guest services at the Disney Hollywood Studios printed them for us, for free!). The location of this hotel was relatively convenient, 10 minutes to Disney, 20 minutes to Universal. I don't know that I would stay here again, I think I would try one of the other $35/night hotels on W Irlo Bronson in the future. Not a terrible experience, but certainly nothing to brag about either.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I was put off at first by the reviews on trip adviser but I went onto other websites and found more reviews, and when you compare them, the good by far out weigh the bad! So I went ahead and booked for 1 week, and absolutely loved it! It was comfortable, parking was to my door, wi-fi worked great, the person next to me could not get on at first but eventually did... I booked because a friend had a great experience here with her family and said the rooms were very clean, and house keeping comes in everyday. Yes so some things are out dated, and the breakfast could be a little better, but that didn't bother me as I'm not paying for it, its complimentary. I loved the swings and the little animals out front, adds a little coziness.The staff were nice, responsive and extremely knowledgeable, they helped me with transportation, and sold me discount tickets to the parks. Overall we liked the hotel, enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it to friends and family. Another thing 2 days into the stay the bath tap began leaking, but was fixed the same day we reported it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I was amazed by a couple reviews I read about Record Parkside Inn in Kissimmee - a very clean motel I usually stay at while in town. I have never seen a single bug, every room I have been in has smelled fresh and clean, security is not really a issue, no need to lock your car and you park feet from your room, very nice pool - one of the reviews I read complained about the water not being warm enough - well this is Florida, why would anyone want a pool with warm water?? I think it is family owned, staff makes sure I am happy and will go out of their way to ensure I do not have any problems - their internet connection is A++, I seem to get more work done here - very quite and comfortable. The price is about the same as other motels in the area, but the quality is much better, there is a little store just across the street, plenty of spots to eat, Disney is just a few miles to the west, palm trees, swings & chairs all over the property, there is even a orange orchid in the back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Malaga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

We stayed ther for 8 days to visit Disney and Universal in October. We payed as low as 250S for this 8 days, so it was a very good price, but other hotel in the area had similar prices.

The service from the desk was very nice, but the cleaning was not good. When we arrived and enter our room, the bed was undone. We complained, and they change us the room very quickly. The new one i think it was better because it had microwave. I think they didn't clean the room in nearly the week we were there. They made the bed, yes, and change the towels, but we killed a big mosquito the first day we arrived and let it in the floor, and six days later, the mosquito was yet in the midle of the bathroom. We didnt complain, anyway.

The girl in the desk was very nice too when we asked about the entraces for the parks, and when she could not get our passes, she came with us to a near place where we could get them. Anytime we had a doubt, they answered very nice and quickly.

We had no car, but the LINXS buses are pretty nice to go to Disney. You are in the TTC in Magic Kingdon in 20 minutes and the bus stop is next to the hotel. But to go to other parks, things became imposible. To Universal, you have to get the taxi o spend two hours in the bus, transfering three times.

We used the laundry too, and i regretted. What a bad smell while cleaning!!!

So, this would be a good hotel if the change the washing machine and clean the rooms. But we would prefer to look for other options in the area if we came back.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ft Lauderdale Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2009

If You have plans of visiting the Orlando/Kissimmee Area, plan on by passing the Record Parkside Hotel By. The Staff Is Extremely Uncaring To Customers Needs and Are Very Rude, Crude, and Just Plain Out Uncaring To Customers Needs. The Ice Machines Don't Work, And When We Complained They Told Us Ice Is Not Promised To Their Customers. Stay Way Clear of This Hole In The Wall.

Been to Knights Inn Kissimmee West? Share your experiences!