“Nice & Roomy for Families” 4 of 5 stars

You added Orbit One Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Orbit One Vacation Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   2950 Entry Point Boulvard, Kissimmee, FL 34741   |
Ranked #13 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Nice & Roomy for Families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just returned from a week at Orbit One Vacation Villas. We had a two bedroom, two bath, full kitchen, washer/dryer, dining area and living room. Furnishings were dated, but clean. Kitchen fully equipped. The grandchildren loved the slides and pool. The staff was friendly and helpful.
They provided a first floor villa upon request, which was great with smaller kids. Close to parks and many restaurants. Both my daughter and I said we would come again. Price and location couldn't be beat!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We rented from AFVC and were extremely pleased. We had a two bedroom second floor place. The location was great...rooms were clean. The master bath had a tub the whole family could fit in. The staff was friendly. When we come back to FL we will stay here again. The pool was warm and had two slides. Had a great relaxing stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I just happened to remember that I haven't write a review about this hotel. I stayed here for 7 days on Mid Sept 2009. I chose this place because I travelled with 2 toddlers and 3 adults (including myself), so I came across this hotel on endless vacation rentals for only $350 a week (instead of 2 rooms for another hotel). This was a perfect deal. The location was also great because it's in the middle between Disney and Universal Studios.

We arrived very late, and the receptionist was closed already. But the key and the documents were ready, so we headed to the 2 bedroom in the middle of the night, dragging our suitcases up the 3rd floor. That was the harsh part, but others were perfect for me. The room was clean, and the patio was great. The flat TV was only in the living room, but that's alright because none of us had any chance to watch the TV inside the room, because we were too exhausted after gone to the park all day.

I would definitely stayed in this hotel for my Orlando trip. Since it a good deal, and it's not far from the theme park and restaurants. Love it.!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was a once in a liftime trip for our family, I was able to plan a vacation to Disneyworld for all of our childern and grandchildren, 18 all together. The kids, 10 of them, ranged in age from 13 to 8 months old and we were so lucky to have found the Orbit One. If you have never been to Orlando be prepared as it is crowded and very hectic so finding a place where you can have some peace and quiet is a real bonus. It is not a big complex and is quiet and not crowded and there is plenty of parking and it is free. We didn't have any issues with WiFi so I don't know if they changed their policies on it but we had access to the Internet and they gave us a password to get on to their access point. My wife and I have travelled both in the US and overseas so we are used to getting to a place and finding out the description is a lot better than what really is in front of you when you get there, Orbit One was not the case. I had read a lot of the reviews for hotels and condos in the Orlando area and what I found was it seemed there was no real middle ground to the reviews. You have to remember Orlando is one of the most travelled places in the world so you have a lot of people staying in hotels and condos so they do get worn out and shabby if they are not maintained, if you expect first class accomodations then pay a first class price so do your research and know what you are getting before you get there it saves a lot of disappointment. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of good hotels and condos to pick from but each one has it's own pluses and minuses. For example you may book a great hotel and it is really nice but you are sharing the pool with about a thousand teenagers because there is a cheerleading event in Orlando, plan ahead. The Orbit One was just such a pleasant surprise in all the insanity of going to Disneyworld it really was an oasis of relaxation for us all. Don't forget going to Disneyworld is a daunting task so be prepared and I don't care what hotel you stay at you will have to deal with the insanity of the roads and drivers in Florida. I have driven in Rome and would rather drive there than in Orlando so be prepared it does take time to get around especially at peak hours when everyone is going to the parks. The condos we used were all two bedroom and the staff was really helpful in getting ajacent rooms for us and this is not a new complex but is extremely well maintained both inside and outside. Our unit was on the first floor and had a screened porch with a door to the pool area and the grounds are kept to a very high level of care. There are two pools and our rooms opend out to the rear pool area which was really nice. Also there are tennis courts and basketball hoops and putting green. The other pool at the front is nice too and it has a slide on it but the other pool for our kid worked out fine. They do provide towels but snag a few early because they did run out late in the day. They also had two gas grills available to cook on and someone from the staff came out there every day to check on them to see that they were cleaned up. We were there in July and it was close to 100 degrees almost every day and to come back to a cool room was a real blessing and the rest of the rooms were to me very nice. There were two TV's and DVD player and the refrigerator was clean when we got there as were all the other dishes and utinsels in the kitchen. We did get a call from the staff asking if we were interested in looking aqt buying a timeshare but it was a polite call and not a hard sell call and it only was one time. The continental breakfast is just juice, coffee and donuts, bagels or rolls so don't expect anything fancy. The staff were all very helpful and friendly and made checkin very easy for us. I did read in some of the other posts that peole who got units on the third floor didn't like the skylights because they didn't have shades on them and I was in the lobby and someone came in trying to get a room changed because of that issue, I think they could fix that.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms have skylights with no shades so be prepared to get up early. Try to plan for traff...
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have just returned today from an 8 night stay at the Orbit One Vacation Villas. This was our first trip to Florida and I booked a stay at the Orbit One based on the high ratings in Tripadvisor, as well as the great deal I got on the flight/hotel/car rental with Expedia.

We arrived at the hotel at about 11.45pm on July 21st, and found the Front Desk/Lobby area closed. Turns out that the Front Desk closes at 11pm and if you arrive after that time, the security guard checks you in. Michael was the security guard who checked us in, and I found him to be very friendly and welcoming.

Our first impression of our suite when we walked in was "wow". We were very impressed with the 2 bedrooms, the large jacuzzi and shower in the master bedroom, the spaciousness of the living and dining areas, as well as how well appointed the kitchen was. Unfortunately, the "wow" first impression that we had did not last. Here's why.....

Our room was on the 3rd (top) floor of the Venus building, and for some unknown reason, they built a skylight into the ceiling of the master bedroom, without providing black-out drapes/curtains to block the early morning summer sunrise, which made the bedroom very bright by about 6am in the morning!! We typically sleep in, in the mornings and did not appreciate being awoken so early in the morning. So, I went in to the Front Desk the next morning, and spoke to the Agent on duty - to get a room change, as we did not want to spend the next 7 days being awoken at 6am everyday. She was not helpful or sympathetic to our situation, and refused to provide us with a room change, despite there being a number of guests who were checking out that day.

In addition, my wife found 3 spiders and 2 cockroaches in the master bedroom, and that sort of spooked her out. We ended up sleeping in the 2nd bedroom most days with my son, and barely used the master bedroom for the duration of the trip. However, there was a loud humming sound that could be heard when we were in the 2nd bedroom, so it was a less than comfortable solution.

Another point I wanted to share was their WIFI service. I paid $29.99 for 1 week of WIFI, and felt ripped off. The WIFI signal was spotty and poor, and you could get at most about 1/2-1hr worth of slow WIFI per day. The rest of the time, there was either no signal or the internet was so very slow, you would be waiting for a long time just for a page to load up. I ended up requesting a refund for the WIFI but again, my request fell on deaf ears. Despite the fact I paid for WIFI, I found myself at the nearby McDonalds quite often to get free WIFI to check my emails and Facebook.

Other comments: Rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was poor. Location, while close to Disney, was no better than a lot of the other hotels in the Orlando area. There are so many hotels all around Disney, Universal and Seaworld, so most hotels would be well located. The one drawback I found staying in Kissimmee was that it seems that Highway 192 was the main road into the area so at about 10-11pm when most people are returning to their hotels, that road can get pretty congested.

So, in summary, the Orbit One Vacation Villas may have received high marks from a number of Tripadvisor reviewers, but for us, it turned out to be a terrible experience and we were so glad to check out today.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Orbit Villas from July 21-27 and we loved it. We're definitely going back. It's a great place for kids, it's close to the parks, and the staff is very friendly. Also, there is a super market close by that I do not recommend to anyone because the prices are too high. I recommend to go to the Super Target that isn't too far from the hotel. We took a trip to St. Petersburg Beach and it didn't take long to get there and we loved it. (The beach was recommended by one of the staff members). And my daughter loved the pool. There were two water slides. (There is no bar at the pool) There was no problems checking in and out, and there was no problem with the villas.

Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed here with our 2 children (ages 11 and 5) for 10 days in February 2012. I was pleased with the accommodations all around! The rooms were very large and clean. We were minutes from Disney and within walking distance to countless restaurants and shops. The grounds are gated with a security guard at the entrance which gave me peace of mind. The pools were lovely and clean. We enjoyed the basket ball court, playground and shuffle board. The price was very reasonable as well. Will stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Orbit One Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!