“Hardest Bed Known to Man Kind” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #48 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Hardest Bed Known to Man Kind”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel has a great friendly staff. That is great but everything else is terrible. The bed is the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on in my lifetime. The door to my room was not secure. If you leaned on the door from the outside with the door locked behind you it would open at the top. I had to put the table in the room in front of the door to feel safe. I paid 42 dollars for this room and I feel I got what I paid for minus about 20 dollars. This hotel should only cost 25 dollars a night. If you are looking for a place where you will have nice staff, minimal feeling of safety and get to sleep on a slab of concrete then this is the place for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here yesterday the hotel was ok for price but the barroom stink and you cannot even close the door of bathroom till you lift the seat on the commode also I left my credit card in the morning and when I called them the front desk girl Megan was rude and transferred me to house keeping when house keeping did not answer I called back and se said she will check and let me know and I never heard back from her so I cancelled the card and I had requested for a roll away bed and they brought it but did not bring any pillows or blanket I really not happy with the staff

• Stayed December 2012
Gibbstown, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I only experienced nice things at this Rodeway. From the front desk to housekeeping staff everyone did a nice job. I stayed 12/8-12/15 room 5219 and I had nothing to complain about and saw nothing out of place. Sure the motel is decades old, but where I stayed everything was in order. Please note the safe and resort fee is about $4 now. The breakfast is very limited, but a brand new Publix has in easy walking distance has just opened up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had three rooms all a bit grubby,but all motels are like it (you get what you pay for) in Kissimmee.The safe in our room was the only one to work.The beds were comfortable,it was nice and quiet,and plenty of parking spaces.This place is only ten minutes drive from Disney and half an hour to Universal.Around the hotel plenty of eating places,bars,and shops.Cross the 192 and walk into Old Town.We were dissapointed with the breakfasts,it started off ok,but after about four days,the stock ran out,apart from a box of manky oranges.Perhaps there was a national bagel shortage while we were there! You would have thought they could have got some cereal in with milk not water in your porridge.We complained however nothing was done (not interested)Overall it was ok and I might return.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter on poolside
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

definitely worth the money. the room is clean, housekeeping is good, room is spacious, with two queen beds that sleeps 4. location is good, outdoor heated pool is great, nearby walking distance to supermarket, waffle house, can walk to Wendy's or McD as well.
bus stop to Disney and other transfers just 3 mins walk from hotel. Free shuttle to Disney ( return) is reliable, stayed for a week and would recommend it. Only thing breakfast is too simple but healthy. No complaints for what we are paying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The main pro of this motel was its price, it's an option for budget travelers. But apart from that, it didn't please us in any other way.

Typical motel room, no fridge or microwave. There was breakfast, but only donuts, butter and juice.

Worst of all was the condition of the room - see pictures. Wouldn't actually call it dirty (apart from the ants running on the table), but very worn down.

We are budget travelers, but would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We often stay at this Rodeway Inn. It is in a very convenient location - many of our favorite restaurants are within minutes away. Very easy access to I 4. The rooms open up directly to the outdoors. My husband is blind and it is so easy for him to just walk out the door and walk his guide dog. I am mobility challenged and we can park right outside the room and in just 5 steps are inside the door. The exterior of the property does show its age but the inside of the rooms are well maintained and very clean. The accessible rooms are better than some of the ones that we have had in properties that cost five times as much. It may not be a luxury property but it has many of the same features at a fraction of the cost. The last time that we were there, we met up with friends who were staying at another hotel which was about three times the price. They had to ask for a room change because of insect infestation and a door that didn't latch properly. Thank you - I will stick with my litte Rodeway in and use the money I save to have a phenmenal meal a couple doors down at Boston Lobster Feast and or Charley's Steak House!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!