“Worn down budget motel” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Worn down budget motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The main pro of this motel was its price, it's an option for budget travelers. But apart from that, it didn't please us in any other way.

Typical motel room, no fridge or microwave. There was breakfast, but only donuts, butter and juice.

Worst of all was the condition of the room - see pictures. Wouldn't actually call it dirty (apart from the ants running on the table), but very worn down.

We are budget travelers, but would not stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We often stay at this Rodeway Inn. It is in a very convenient location - many of our favorite restaurants are within minutes away. Very easy access to I 4. The rooms open up directly to the outdoors. My husband is blind and it is so easy for him to just walk out the door and walk his guide dog. I am mobility challenged and we can park right outside the room and in just 5 steps are inside the door. The exterior of the property does show its age but the inside of the rooms are well maintained and very clean. The accessible rooms are better than some of the ones that we have had in properties that cost five times as much. It may not be a luxury property but it has many of the same features at a fraction of the cost. The last time that we were there, we met up with friends who were staying at another hotel which was about three times the price. They had to ask for a room change because of insect infestation and a door that didn't latch properly. Thank you - I will stick with my litte Rodeway in and use the money I save to have a phenmenal meal a couple doors down at Boston Lobster Feast and or Charley's Steak House!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose the hotel because of the good price, and though it was nothing fancy, it was more than adequate: clean, with a nice large heated pool, pleasant grounds with many palms and flowers, location convenient to Disney. Check-in time was 4PM and sure enough, we had to wait until precisely that time on our first day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed here in the past and it was fine, for a cheap room. This time, 10/28/12, I got set up in a dump of a room. I've never had such a bad motel room (and I've stayed in some cheaper motels). It was room 8215. I checked in and didn't get back to see the room until midnight or later. Quite a bit of wallpaper was stapled to the wall with parts nearby still falling off the wall. The sink was all cracked up; the re-surfacing was coming off. The carpet, near the baseboard was coming off around the safe showing a disgusting wall. I was so tired I just wanted a place to sleep for one night so I stayed in that room. If I'd seen the room earlier, I'd NEVER have stayed in that room. The sad thing is, when I left my room the door was open for room #8209, just a few doors down, and it was VERY, very nice in comparison - 100% improvement over mine. The front desk person never should have rented this room out. She was friendly but had no idea what kind of dumpy rooms she was assigning. I asked for a quiet room and she gave me one closer to the front street, where I did hear traffic. Last time I stayed I was on the outer side towards Epcot and it was quieter. I'd stay here again, but make sure to see the room before I agreed to it. My mom had no frig or microwave, but it was very cheap and I didn't need it. You can see pictures attached.

Room Tip: Be sure to see your room and the ones on the inner part, towards the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Megan, the front desk woman is the best! I called her SMILEY because she's always smiling, super friendly and accommodating. I wouldn't deal with anyone else at this hotel because when she's on duty, everything is super smooth. Checking in and out is a breeze with her on staff at the front desk. Megan is a breath of fresh air in this industry where customer service is frequently lacking, even with managers. I also spoke with several maids and maintenance people and they are also very friendly and smiling. They all keep this place super clean and friendly.

The ONLY suggestion I would have is to change the free oatmeal breakfast every now and then. Oatmeal every day gets old fast.

• Stayed October 2012
Szekesfehervar, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and we were max.satisfied. Clean, big room with fridge, micro.The ac worked just fine. The pool is perfect after an exhausted day. The Parks are very close, 15min. away. You can buy the tickets in the lobby, great deal!!! The breakfast is poor, but no matter as there is a waffle house and a supermarket in walking distance. The stuff is brilliant, very helpful! We would stay there again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are travelling as a couple on a budget then this place is fine. Near all the parks and close to shops and restuarants and the pool is great. Nothing wrong with the place as long as you remember that you are usually paying a low price, do not expect the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!