“Cheap and adequate” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Montreal, Canada
“Cheap and adequate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We chose the hotel because of the good price, and though it was nothing fancy, it was more than adequate: clean, with a nice large heated pool, pleasant grounds with many palms and flowers, location convenient to Disney. Check-in time was 4PM and sure enough, we had to wait until precisely that time on our first day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Jacksonville, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I've stayed here in the past and it was fine, for a cheap room. This time, 10/28/12, I got set up in a dump of a room. I've never had such a bad motel room (and I've stayed in some cheaper motels). It was room 8215. I checked in and didn't get back to see the room until midnight or later. Quite a bit of wallpaper was stapled to the wall with parts nearby still falling off the wall. The sink was all cracked up; the re-surfacing was coming off. The carpet, near the baseboard was coming off around the safe showing a disgusting wall. I was so tired I just wanted a place to sleep for one night so I stayed in that room. If I'd seen the room earlier, I'd NEVER have stayed in that room. The sad thing is, when I left my room the door was open for room #8209, just a few doors down, and it was VERY, very nice in comparison - 100% improvement over mine. The front desk person never should have rented this room out. She was friendly but had no idea what kind of dumpy rooms she was assigning. I asked for a quiet room and she gave me one closer to the front street, where I did hear traffic. Last time I stayed I was on the outer side towards Epcot and it was quieter. I'd stay here again, but make sure to see the room before I agreed to it. My mom had no frig or microwave, but it was very cheap and I didn't need it. You can see pictures attached.

Room Tip: Be sure to see your room and the ones on the inner part, towards the pool are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Megan, the front desk woman is the best! I called her SMILEY because she's always smiling, super friendly and accommodating. I wouldn't deal with anyone else at this hotel because when she's on duty, everything is super smooth. Checking in and out is a breeze with her on staff at the front desk. Megan is a breath of fresh air in this industry where customer service is frequently lacking, even with managers. I also spoke with several maids and maintenance people and they are also very friendly and smiling. They all keep this place super clean and friendly.

The ONLY suggestion I would have is to change the free oatmeal breakfast every now and then. Oatmeal every day gets old fast.

• Stayed October 2012
Szekesfehervar, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and we were max.satisfied. Clean, big room with fridge, micro.The ac worked just fine. The pool is perfect after an exhausted day. The Parks are very close, 15min. away. You can buy the tickets in the lobby, great deal!!! The breakfast is poor, but no matter as there is a waffle house and a supermarket in walking distance. The stuff is brilliant, very helpful! We would stay there again!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you are travelling as a couple on a budget then this place is fine. Near all the parks and close to shops and restuarants and the pool is great. Nothing wrong with the place as long as you remember that you are usually paying a low price, do not expect the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband,myself and my in-laws vacationed in the sunshine state in mid-october 2012.We wanted to stay near Orlando,so we stayed at the Rodeway Inn Maingate,Kissimee,Fl. It was originally for 1 night but after our 1st night,we extended our stay for 2 more nights.It was such a nice stay,our rooms were a 1st floor easy walk to their beautiful outdoor pool,the yard/gardens that surrounded the pool were lovely,the pool was clean,the rooms were nice with 2 queen beds in each along with a micro wave and mini-fridge and a coffee maker and a hair dryer.The thermostat worked great,we could adjust it to cool us on the warmer parts of the day and the room was very comfortable,especially for the price.I don't think you could find a better deal in all Kissimee/Orlando area.I would definately stay there again,there was even a nice gift shop ajacent to the motel lobby and a coin opperated laundry.Honestly,I always look at reviews,if you want a decent place to stay on a budget,this place can't be beat.

Room Tip: I would suggest a 1st floor room near the pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SW Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not a 'resort' but a good clean place to stay. The front desk staff were great and accomodated my request for a ground floor room. The housekeeping staff did a great job, in fact when I first walked into the room I was greeted by the smell of a fresh and clean room. How nice not to have that underlying smell of mold like so many older places in FL. Not a fancy place but there was a coffee maker, fridge and microwave in the room that all worked just fine. A safe and an older style TV (not flat screen or HD) are also included. TV was on cable so worked fine. This property is right on a main street that gets you to Disney in a matter of minutes or the interstate for the other parks. Surprisingly the room was very quiet. No street noise and no noise from the neighboring rooms. If you don't need fancy, but want a clean, quiet place to stay, this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!