“Worst Hotel Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ohio
“Worst Hotel Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

The best thing this hotel has going for it is the pool! The pool was clean and wonderful, but thats about it. We drove to Florida from Ohio and drove straight throw. We arrived early and check in wasn't until 4:00pm. Seems how we've been up and driving for 18 hours we thought the Rodeway Inn would not mind if we checked in a little early. Wrong! They said no, check in was not until 4:00. So as tired as we were we drove some more to a park not to far by and sat there for awhile to wait. We were starting to fall asleep on the bench so we drove back to the hotel. Finally got checked in. I booked my room online so everything was taken care of so I thought. I was charged what they said was $30.06 for surcharges (two rooms for 6 nights at 2.50 per day). We finally make it to our rooms and I called my card company to make sure all charges made were ok. Wrong again! My card company tells me they charged not $30.06 but $50.00. So I go to the front desk to fix the problem but again no luck. They denied the whole thing. (got home and checked online and yes they took $50.00 not $30.06). Not only did they take the $50.00 but when I checked out I was told that the $30.06 was going to be returned to my card. Wrong! They charged my card again for the $30.06. I'm still waiting to get this fixed. Not only was there problems with the over charging but with the rooms as well. No fitted sheets only flat sheets, pillows were not fluffy but flat, and some of the rooms smelled bad. The first room we were in (were moved twice for no hot water in the rooms) the door did not shut right. You had to pick up on the door to get it to shut. Then we were standing out side and watched the maintenance man let some lady in her room( because she was locked out) without checking to see if that was even her room. Guess what....it wasn't her room. After a few minutes in their she comes out and said " this isn't my room". I worked at a hotel and anyone who does knows that thats a big mistake. You NEVER let anyone who's locked out in without checking front desk to verify that was their room. Not only did they let some lady in the wrong room but my son got locked out and he went right up to the front desk and they made him a key without verifying he was in that room. They just asked what room he was in. Thank God he was my son and somebody else, they would of gotten in. After moving us to a different room due to no hot water, my boyfriend left in cell phone charger in the other room. I called front dest to get it but guess what.....they couldn't find it. We still don't have it. Not only have I worked at a hotel but every year we go to Florida (love the state) and stay in hotels, and NEVER have I never had such a bad experience. I will never stay at a Rodeway Inn again.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The over charges
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Vineland, Nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2008

After reading mixed reviews, I was a bit aprehensive. However, my room was fine. All was in good shape, in working order, and clean. The motel is older, but the grounds seemed well-maintained. I got a great price, and a comfortable room that met my needs. For budget travelers like me, it was a good choice.

• Liked — convenient, clean, reasonable price
  • Disliked — could use some updating
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

We stay for only one night, but the general experience was quite good. The reception desk was well staffed (at 11:00 PM) and they were quick and polite, so was check out, very fast. The rooms were clean and fairly new, good beds, so-so linens, rather small TV set, even the rug was fairly clean (for hotels standards), the bathroom was clean with no visible signs of mold at all (sorry, no hairdryers or irons). The rooms are bigger than other motels. Of course the free breakfast was a joke (what do you expect for the price of the room, around $41 with all taxes and fees) just coffee, watered down orange juice and some muffins and mini doughnuts, but it works (they have a Waffle House next door for more substantial breakfasts at an affordable price). The location is a winner, no more than 1 mile from I-4, 5 minutes from the main entrance to Disney World and 10 minutes to Downtown Disney and the Lake Buena Vista area... If you are going to spend 2 to 4 nights in the Orlando area and are going to visits the Disney parks all you need is a clean room for the night (you will be too tired to do anything else), this motel is your best bet. If you are spending more time in Orlando you will need a hotel with more frills, so look elsewhere. I MYSELF WILL GO THIS MOTEL AGAIN.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — otuside passegeways
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lucedale, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

We decided two days beforehand to go to Orlando and Disney. I had enough choice points for a free night at this rodeway. I got the remaining three nights for 35.00 per night.
When we arrived there was a little confusion over the free night stay probably because Choice just started dealing with rodeway. We were assigned a room and when we got to it the maid was still cleaning (4:20 p.m.) She said (or at least I think she said in very broken English) that the room "no ready for long time". Back to the front desk we went. They apologized and upgraded our room for free (with fridge, micro, and better view of pool).
Room was older but clean and in fairly good shape. Maid service was quite good. Beds were tolerable. Water pressure was not very good and I spent more time trying to adjust the water temperature than actually bathing since any water use in a 10 room radius greatly affected the temp. "Continental Breakfast" was coffee, juice and little packs of mini donuts that we snagged for snacks in the parks. We ate breakfast in one of the buffets down the street.
The pool looked good but since it was 35 degrees f. most of our stay, we stayed dry.
Overall a decent, safe, hotel for the money. What do you expect for $35 dollars a night, Disney? If all you're gonna do there is sleep, give it a try.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — water pressure and temperature
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

The motel is close to Disney. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. It is excellent for the budget minded traveler. I would stay there again.

Stayed December 2007
Newport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

we stayed here on 3 occasions in november as we were travelling around florida.the first time was for just one night and i was pleased with the check in as the lady was very polite.we got to our room and was surprised as some of the reviews were poor.there was new carpet in the room and pleasantly decorated.then a trip to the bathroom put me off as the light was hanging from the ceiling and the shower was very weak.continental breakfast was a coffee and mini do-nut.i was begining to regret booking and pre paying for another two stays.the next stay did go much better.good room,new carpet,coffee machine nice towels(still rubbish breakfast)but this time a hot ,powerfull shower.room cleaned every day,fresh towels and coffee replenished.one day the door wouldn't open so off i went to have a word with the reception desk and by the time i got back to the room a maintainance guy was there,changed the batteries in the door lock and away we went.stay three,good check in ,nice room,shower but coffee machine broke but once again problem solved within minutes of it being reported.there are no hairdryers or irons in the rooms but for the money you pay per night i don't think you can complain.i moaned to my husband about the door and the coffee machine but as soon as it was reported it was fixed so i really couldn't complain at the speed at which any minor problems were solved

• Liked — the priceand speed of problem correction
  • Disliked — lack of hairdryer
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
Nashville,TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2007

The room we had was a little old you could tell, but was clean. It had the basics you would need for just an overnight stay which is all we needed it for. They say they had a continental breakfast but all it actually was, were those mini-donuts you would buy at a convenience store and some orange juice.
I wouldn't suggest this hotel for more than a one night stay; but for something cheap that doesn't remind you of a roach motel the Rodeway Inn did the the job.

• Liked — Location, it was about 10 minutes from Disney.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn Maingate? Share your experiences!