I will start with a warning, ALWAYS CHECK FOR BEDBUGS AT ANY HOTEL BEFORE YOU BRING IN YOUR BAGGAGE! America has been recently become a very hospitable place for bedbugs and the weather in florida makes it doubly so.
To check for the dastardly little buggers pull back the sheets looking along the tube like seam and look for dark marks that look just like mildew. This is excrement for more details check this article.
we checked in and did the bedbug check and yes we found them and were promptly and graciously given a different room and went through the "check" again to find them yet again! the man at the desk upon me bringing him an actual bedbug in a piece of paper did try to tell me it was not a bedbug, to which I said "yes it is." and got no argument from him but another room and he stated the rooms away from the pool always seem to be better so we tried again and after the "check" confirmed it was free of the extra guests.
we checked in and stayed for 3 days (so far) with out incident.
no one is impressed by the size of the towels in the reviews we read so we brought our own, no biggie we were happily given extras when we asked with out comment or complaint. You should ask for a remote for the tv when you check in as they keep them in the office but have no problem giving them to you . No one in the reviews were impressed by the continental breakfast so we expected it. The coffee was good, the donettes were ok and there is a sign stating you can have 2 donuts (donettes) per person. we were not angry as we expected it and had breakfast stuff in our room. there is a shoneys next door too.
The pool was warm (from the sun) lit & open til late at night and seemed clean, doesn't exactly look like the picture in the advertisement as the paint is a little flaky and there are weeds around the edges of the area, but no yucky stuff to contend with.
they cleaned our room every day and made the beds putting our extra pillows and even stuffed animals in the bed in a friendly way that made it homey and nice to come back to after the long day at the park.
yes the towels were small so expect it. you can purchase your own beach towel down the road for a few dollars.
the plumbing a little noisy, big deal, it works and it has HOT water!
I NEVER saw a cock roach , or for that matter any other kind of bug in our room .
One night after the park my little one threw up on the bed, we were promply given new bedding with no trouble.
The beds were so comfortable. the tv, microwave & fridge all worked. And our A/C could have impressed a polar bear!
Oh here is something no one told us, YOU CAN BUY YOUR TICKETS FOR DISNEY & OTHER ATTRACTIONS HERE AT THE HOTEL AT A DISCOUNTED RATE. We got ours from undercovertourist.com and got a good deal but would have saved at least 100$ if we had got them from the promo guy in the office.
I am ok with the hotel and impressed by the staff. There was loads of restraunts and cheap souvenier places nearby. It seems pretty central to everything.
And the internet was great about 1200-1400 kbps day or night from our experience.
There are ice machines and laundry facilities 2$ for the washer or dryer.
we never locked our belongings and were not missing anything.
Having a great time at a low price, and happy to share it with others!
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn Maingate Hotel
- Knights Inn Maingate Hotel Kissimmee
- Maingate Knights Inn
- Knights Inn Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Knights Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Knights Inn Kissimmee, Fla. is located one mile from Disney World. Complimentary shuttles to all theme parks are available. The hotel has all ground-floor rooms, a heated outdoor pool and complimentary continental breakfasts. Guestrooms feature complimentary high-speed Internet access. Refrigerators and microwave ovens are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Wyndham, Travelocity, Booking.com, Olotels, HostelBookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Knights Inn Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.