“Walk to Eateries and Souvenirs” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Claremont Kissimmee Hotel

You added Claremont Kissimmee Hotel to your Saves list
Claremont Kissimmee Hotel
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6051 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Kissimmee Maingate East)   |
Ranked #135 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Walk to Eateries and Souvenirs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Got to this motel at 2pm and we checked right in to the two rooms we had reserved. One was wheelchair accessible. Called the desk to set up advertised "free" shuttle to Disney World and was told it would be $14 each and I had to call the company to schedule my own wheelchair accessible transportation. I asked" so it's not free any more?" and they replied no. After we went out to eat we noticed the sign on the motel had a running digital message about "free shuttles" and a free continental breakfast that we were not informed about. So we went back into the office to ask. We were given the "free" shuttle schedule then. AND the hours for breakfast. The newly renovated room #1120 had hardwood floors, 2 double beds, 32" flat screen tv, roll under vanity, raised toilet w/bars, handheld shower, shower chair without a back and a tub. It also had a safe, mini fridge and a coffee maker. It was definately a 2-star motel. The paint was chipped, the fixtures were not put in neatly, the furniture was old. The housekeeping employees were helpful but it's difficult when they don't speak English. In conclusion for $60 a night near Disney with all the location perks it was worth it but not a Hilton. : )

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I booked the hotel on Priceline. The Claremont charged me another $4 per day as a "resort fee." That means that I paid Priceline and then I had to pay more money when I checked into the hotel. The room was filthy. I had to mop the floor with a wet towel in order to walk on it, without having my feet covered in dirt. There was no maid service at all. I spent two nights and no maid ever set foot in my room. When I went to plug in the clock radio, sparks shot out of the outlet. I told the manager, she went into another room supposedly to discuss my complaints, told me to come back in a half hour and nothing was done. I gave her my contact info. (cell number, name, etc.) and nobody has called me yet and that was three days ago. The only good thing about the hotel is that it is close to Disney World. One more thing. When I checked in at midnight, there was one clerk and ten people in front of me. It took around a half an hour to check in.

Room Tip: The hotel is close to Disney and it was cheap, but they added on a "resort fee" onto Price...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
ohhector
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

1) Total time from walking into lobby to check in, to walking into my room: 55 minutes.
2) Even with a check-in of 4PM (which is an hour later than almost every other hotel in the area), my room was not ready upon arrival at 7PM. I had to wait 15 minutes for them to check/clean my room.
3) Room I had reserved was a KING, they only had DOUBLES left.
4) Manager was completely rude and unprofessional, and uncaring about the issues at hand. She walked out of her "office" with an attitude and kept it the entire conversation I had with her.
5) There are multiple rooms across the property that have broken keycard locks (I counted 6 guests with issues the first night. Second day I counted 10 different people needing to be let into their rooms). This is an issue that has been going on for at least a week and a half (as is evidenced by complaints on the various web travel sites) that has not been addressed by the hotel. According to the maintenance crew, they are "waiting for parts from out of state" or "the technician didn't have time to get to your room today." The only way to get into your room is by walking to the lobby (which is pretty far from the rooms) and having them call maintenance out to open the door.
6) Those rooms with broken locks SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN AVAILABLE FOR RENT. The management knew there was an issue and did not disclose the issue to any hotel customers that were checking in. The management claims it is a new problem, but it was confirmed to me by both employees and maintenance that it has been an ongoing problem. Why is this not illegal?
7) Also, it is VERY unsafe! They were not checking ID or anything, when letting people into rooms. Anyone could have very easily pretended to need to get into my "room" and have attacked me if I was there, or stolen things from me if I wasn't. Very unsafe.
8) The check-in staff LIED to customers on 5 different occasions in front of me (remember, I was in the lobby for over half an hour because my room was not ready and they gave me the wrong type room), stating that $4 "resort fee" they charge was for local taxes. Resort fees are ways for hotels to advertise lower prices online, and then charge a larger total amount later when the guest is checking in. This is no resort, and "resort fees" are NOT for local taxes, those are already paid in the original booking price. What they are doing is illegal, and they should be called out on it, especially since they are preying on tourists that do not know better.

As for the rooms/hotel itself:
1) While I read a lot of recent reviews about messy rooms, mine was actually pretty clean. They wood laminate floor was definitely not mopped, but had been swept. I'd say it was 85% clean.
2) Room design was pretty nice, it's nice to not have the same "80s tropical" comforter that most hotels down here have. This would be the one saving grace of the hotel…it MIGHT have kept me as a customer here, had it not been for their abysmal customer service.
3) No wardrobe though, or any sort of cabinets to store clothes in the rooms. Only a metal shelf in the bathroom and a rod with 5 hangers.
4) No cups or ice buckets were available.
5) Wifi NEVER worked. Refused to connect. While I couldn’t really leave my building to check the other areas since my door lock was broken and I had the leave the door open, I walked down the hallways to make sure it wasn’t just my room. It wasn’t. All 3 times I was at the lobby for something, another customer was complaining about it.

Slightly nice rooms aside, this was a terrible experience. I have never seen a hotel have such flagrant offenses when it comes to completely lack of care for customer service and safety. The hotel had NO right to let the rooms with malfunctioning door locks be available for rent, no matter if the hotel was overbooked and in demand of more rooms. There's a certain call for professionalism in favor of customer service and customer safety, and this hotel completely disregarded it. That, coupled with the lies of management and check in staff (1- management claiming the key lock issue was something new that happened that day, when clearly document online via travel forums by previous guests as well as the maintenance crew, and then not telling guests about it when they check in, 2 - the check-in staff claiming the "resort fee" is for local taxes) should show you that you should think twice about renting here, for the amount of consideration you will get as a guest. Sure, you could risk it...you might be one of those with a functioning door lock and might escape the issues I had...but it is a big gamble...is it worth it to you? I will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: A good room can be found by picking another hotel. They have issues with broken locks that make it s...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

When we first arrived in the middle of the night, we went straight to the room. Upon entering, we were greeting with the worst stench of cigarette smoke ever. We were both so tired from our flights we just got out our PJ's and went to bed...not to mention we put our suitcases back in the car to avoid them smelling bad. We decided just to deal with it in the morning. When we were getting ready the next day, we quickly realized we only had one working outlet in the entire room- so we either had to get ready in the dark or with the windows wide open. Tried to call the front desk, but the phone didn't work either. Called from a cell phone and management said they'd send maintenance- they did- while we were still getting ready! They just came right in and started fixing stuff while my husband was standing there in a towel! Stopped by the front desk on our way out to request our room be cleaned and we were told it would be. Also told them it smelled like smoke and she told us "I can't help it if people smoke in those rooms..." Um, isn't that why you have a fee????? Anyways, after our long day at Disney we get back only to find that our room smelled worse than it did when we left! As if someone had literally been standing there smoking before we walked in. We requested a new room and were immediately granted one. We entered this room and it smelled like mildew. I can handle mildew better than I can cigarette smoke. We started unpacking only to find ROACHES AND BUGS crawling all over the bathroom. DISGUSTING. We immediately left and asked for our money back. They only gave us half the money back and told us to come back tomorrow and talk to the manager. We called the next day and were put on hold for 46 minutes. Finally we drove BACK to the hotel and my husband literally got in the owner's face and cussed him out while I was dialing the Health Department. He quickly gave us our money back then. Regardless of the refund I'm calling the Health Department. This place isn't fit for a dog and I would've rather slept in the car. We went up the road a bit to the Holiday Inn and had a spectacular room for only 80 bucks more. Please do not ignore the reviews- DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! The people who got good rooms probably all stayed in the same one- the one in the picture that management posted because NONE of the rooms we were in looked and/or smelled like the ones in the picture. YUCK YUCK YUCK! Doesn't matter if it's free- I will NEVER stay here again. If I could give this place zero stars I would. I will pay more and stay at a name brand hotel from now on. Lesson learned!!!

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS. No good rooms available to choose from...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Destin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

we booked this hotel through reserveorlando.com and had many issues during our stay.....The bathtub was slippery and dirty, and the water never got hot. While we were away at Universal for the day we returned to find that our room was untouched by the maids so we had to go down to the office at 10:30pm to pick up clean towels and the staff didn't seem to care at all about it. The laminate floors were interesting but they were very dirty. We would wash our feet and after walking on the floor they ended up black again, yuck!!!!!!! We will not go back ever again.....we spoke with a representative from reserveorlando and were told they will speak to the staff at Claremont, but I really don't think anything will change for the better at this dump.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Champaign
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Claremont Kissimmee advertises their newly remodeled rooms but what they fail to tell you is.... they haven't cleaned them since. After a 30 minute wait to check in, we finally got our room keys. Exhausted after our 19 hour drive, we carried all of our luggage upstairs and into the room only to find it dirty, the cable didn't work, and the bathtub was clogged and FULL of filthy water. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and the phone didn't work! I went to the front desk and the rude desk clerk handed me a key to a different room. Frustrated, I went to check out the new room.....that room was being used as a storage room! Chairs, tables and boxes piled up to the ceiling! AGAIN I went BACK to the lobby and the rude desk clerk shrugged his shoulders and said, "That room is supposed to be clean". He gave me yet another key to a different room which didn't work. Finally we got into our room. The room was not clean, there was no dresser or ANYTHING to put clothes in, the cable didn't work (only a few channels), the wifi never worked our entire stay (we are still waiting for maintenance to come "reset the wifi button"), the phone didn't work, the bathroom was filthy and there were unidentified brown stains on the door and walls. This place is a dive! Anytime we called the front desk (with our cell phone since the one in our room didn't work), we were put on hold forever and most of the time they never got back to us, or if they did they would just say, "We will send maintenance." and nobody EVER came. We would ask for towels and NEVER get them. There were some shady characters hanging around. I'm pretty sure there were people living in the rooms below us. The rooms had the bare minimum. There was no ice bucket or bag, no extra towels, no paper or pen, and no "Do Not Disturb" sign. The continental breakfast was a joke....a couple donuts and some juice. This place was cheap...that's the only reason we stayed (besides we didn't feel like moving all of our stuff AGAIN).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I was the only one in the lobby and it took 45 min. to check in! Room was nice and big with flat screen tv, and the laminate floors were nice, but the place looked half way renovated, could have been cleaner, but it was just fine for the 1 night we stayed, booked 2 but decided to leave late that 2nd night. Did not feel the safest there, because the elevator was in a dark hallway and very small. Kinda scared late at night with kids. Feeling safe is important to travelers. More lights would be good. Room overall was nice as it had refridge, and big, but not enough cable channels. Rates were alright, but might stay in a hotel that has an inside room instead.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, lighted area.....
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Claremont Kissimmee Hotel? Share your experiences!