Background: Family of 5 - three boys ages 11, 11, and 9.
the good: if you're looking for an extremely affordable, clean, safe place to stay off park for Disney that is close to the park, you cannot go wrong here.
the bad: We made reservations online and it said roll away bed was included; it was not resulting in $10 a day fee for use. But, these rooms are so cheap, it's hard to complain about that. Although, the front desk was a little huffy about it.
We bought 10 day non-expiring passes a while back and ended up with 2 days on our passes. We wanted to make a cheap run to Disney and we were looking for a place to stay that was very affordable (which meant off Disney grounds of course), safe, clean, and as close to the park as possible. We booked through Hotels.com and, I have to admit, given the price ($25 a night), I was very skeptical about the safety and cleanliness of the place. But, we decided to roll the dice.
I am glad we did. The hotel was small and it's not luxurious by any stretch but, the staff that greeted us was friendly (although, not all were during our stay) and our room was clean and functional. Not pretty, and bed was not great but.. good enough.
The location to the park is excellent (quick right, half mile to on-ramp, and you enter the park). And the hotel is immediately next to (can walk) a waffle house and IHOP (although both were so incredibly packed each day, we did not use). There is a chik-fil-a across the street that was great (next to a gas station / quick trip also) and we used the drive thru on our way out to the park.
We used our room to sleep in and that was it. And if that's all your looking for to make a economy trip to Disney, this place is more than perfect. Rooms were clean and functional. Beds were ok but not bad. parking and overall area felt safe and it was very quiet. They have a pool that is very basic but we did not use.
the only issue we had was, Hotels.com stated we could get a roll away bed at no charge and the hotel staff said that was not true. After a little arguing we decided to let it go ($10 a day for usage) given the price of the room. But, the staff seemed to not really care about the cost being misrepresented on hotels.com and told us to take it up with them. Again, we decided to let it go given the overall cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Claremont Kissimmee Hotel Welcomes you to Kissimmee. Our newly renovated hotel features new rooms with hardwood floor, ceramic tiles, deluxe bedding and fridge in all rooms. We are only 3 miles to Walt Disney World Resort and only 10 miles to the International Drive area which features SeaWorld and Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. Walk to Old Town, various restaurants and shopping. We offer free scheduled shuttle to Disney World, and for a fee shuttle to Sea World and Universal. NOTE: Guests must be 21 years of age to register in hotel. Pets welcome in designated rooms only, pet deposit and nightly fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Claremont Kissimmee Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Kissimmee
- Howard Johnson Maingate East
- Howard Johnson Hotel Kissimmee Florida
- Howard Johnson Inn Maingate East Kissimmee
- Kissimmee Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Kissimmee Maingate East