“You get what you're paying for...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Lake Front Park

You added Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Lake Front Park to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Lake Front Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4836 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, SR535 and US Hwy 192, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #41 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Columbus, Ohio
“You get what you're paying for...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I don't understand where all of the glowing reviews came from. We picked the hotel based on the location and the price and the fact that there were several good recent reviews. I wish we paid more money to get a better hotel and not stay at this motel. If the reservation from Expedia was refundable, we would have cancelled and gone elsewhere. The check-in/out experience was OK.
The photos on the web are extremely unrepresentative of what the area looks like. The photos must be very old and in a well staged room (understand that most hotels use this method but in this instance it was extremely unrepresentative of reality and deceptive). I should have taken a few photos. The property is very run down and dated. The furniture in the room was worn, but the housekeeping staff did keep the room stocked with fresh towels. The carpet always felt damp and there was a border of dust/filth that never went away on the baseboards. The TV was old and we had to use the channel button for volume and vice versa. The A/C was a little loud for me, but kept the room at a good temperature. We both noticed when using the shower, standing water would randomly appear a few times in the tub with sand in it (the first time either of us used the shower we were rinsing off residual sand from going to the beach). We stayed 5 nights, this happened for at least 3 days.
Our room was in the back and by the pool, we heard people and kids running around late at night and early in the morning. Another review touches on this, and I see where they are coming from when they it appears that rooms are rented on a more permanent basis for underprivileged families. We noticed that any time we drove in or out (over a 5 night stay) there were large groups of people hanging out over the same few balconies and watching the cars and people go by. Like I mentioned before, this is a motel, so the balconies are more functional as a walking corridor rather than a balcony/patio with a table and chairs. It was really strange.
The location was very convenient to the Nike Outlets that we always frequent, Universal, and Gatorland. There are several restaurants down the road that we went to for breakfast instead of the complimentary breakfast.
I would not come back.

Room Tip: If you're facing the pool you'll hear people no matter what time of day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the first day I got there it was a full size raccoon on the roof looking down at me an my family I called the front desk they took so long to answer the phone , I told the young lady she was so unconcerned it was the worst stay I ever experienced the ice maker outside had roaches in it ,I refused to eat the Free Breakfast the they provided an was actually scared to un pack my things please check around for better hotel I learned first hand cheap isn't always the best .TRUST & BELIEVE

Room Tip: Florida has plenty of hotels to choose from don't let this be your first stop or your last.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had two separate rooms, one for us and one for my in-laws. We normally stay at the Radisson Celebration resort, but my wife's company picks and they went low budget this year. The room cost $49 per night, so I really didn't expect much. The first day my wife was there, someone stole a bottom of wine from the mini fridge, and either stole or disposed of her tweezers that were on the bathroom counter. That's unacceptable. When she reported this to the front desk, the response was, "That doesn't surprise me." The rooms clearly need to be renovated. The carpet was bunched up, one sink was cracked, and the plastic edges of the bed frames were sticking out and scratching my kids' legs. If you don't wear shoes, your feet will be black. The door cards constantly lost their programming and had to be reset. The TVs in both rooms would change channels and turn on/off when you utilized the volume button. On one night, room service didn't show until after 5:30pm, at which time we were trying to get showered and dressed for dinner. There are a few things I can think of that went well: the ice machine worked well, the air conditioning was cold, the hot water was consistent, they gave plenty of shampoo/soap/toilet paper, and I liked the breakfast (especially the chocolate chip muffins, although you had to ask for them because they were in the back). Overall, this place is probably acceptable for the price, but as the title states, if you can afford to go somewhere that is in better condition, you should do so.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel rooms were clean. Breakfast was always replenished by Maria. Jasmine at the front desk was extremely polite. Very close to Disney, about 10 minutes away. Had some problems with Wi-Fi. But Kitchen was excellent and overall stay was good for the price. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Caguas, null, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a motel. NOT A RESORT OR 5 STAR HOTEL. So if you want clean and hight quality go to another place. But if you want a cheap stay with extras stay here. The room was clean, clean towels, bathroom clean (believe me, there's nothing worse than take a shower in a bathtub with mold or hairs. Carpet almost clean and clean beds. The bed was confortable. In the cheap price they include breakfast that include coffe, juices, cereal, oats, bread, muffins and danish. For the price this place have much to offer. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed at room 139 and 164
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites Lake Front Park? Share your experiences!