“Surprisingly good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chester, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great location. Lovely relaxed family vibe and not as bustling as some other resorts. Grounds were great and nice to take a wander. Well serviced for Walmart etc. only complaint is the lack of laundry facilities, which were very busy. Do yourself a favour and pack travel laundry detergent and use your sink! I would stay again for sure :)

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
kissimmee,fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was old and not so big-one step better than a motel 6, (if you want two small rooms and a place to cook) Old, furn, small, and not very adequate. Worst resort we have stayed in. The pool area was nice and if you just want a place to eat and sleep it is OK.,

Room Tip: Ask for a newer, upgraded room--we did not get one!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Hamlin, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

The staff members that my family got to know during last week’s visit were very helpful, friendly and attentive to every request. They create a very positive impression of the Resort, which I should add provides an enjoyable program of activities (such as tie-dye T shirts) and facilities (such as the recreation center, snack bar at a heated pool, etc.) for both children and adults. The accommodations were also first rate. Overall, my wife and I rate the Resort “A+”, and expect to return in the future.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Hamlin,

Thank you for choosing Oak Plantation Resort and thank you for your kind words. It pleases me to hear that our staff made your stay enjoyable.
We thrive to provide quality customer care .
I am sure future guests reading this review will find it helpful to know that a fun time could be had right at the resort enjoying our activities.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Smithton, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

This was a great place to stay after our visit to Sea World. We walked into very clean and nice rooms. The staff was helpful and friendly. The pool with the tiki bar beside it was my favorite part. I could enjoy my pina colada after a long day while the kids jumped in the pool for a swim. Also, there was a spa which was a great way to relax after a long day!!

The only complaint I have about this room is that the dryer did not work well. We ran the dryer several times but it still did not dry the clothes. I am not the complaining type so we used the dryer downstairs in the guest area to finish our laundry. Other than that, no issues.

Very impressed and will definitely stay again when I am back in the area.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
April,

We are so happy that you enjoyed Oak Plantation Resort, Pina Coladas and all ! It is great to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly. I will share this review at our next meeting. Positive reviews such as this one motivates us all !

The pool and the tiki bar are amongst everybodys favorite part of OPR. I see it was your favorite too and you were able to relax.

With regards to the dryer . Our combo units are designed to hold a small capacity of clothing. That is why it may have taken longer. THe guest area is a better option for a larger capacity. We tahnk you for choosing Oak Plantation and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Gated community with nice pool area and tiki bar. Suite was clean with older appliances and pillows. king sized bed with walk in closet, full bath, kitchen area and livingroom. Pleasantly private and quiet.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our tiki bar and pool are a favorite amongst many guest. We are pleased you enjoyed this area.
I will pass along to our housekeeping manager that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the unit.
We hope to see you in the future.
Davie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

We did not realize when we were in the resort that the bites we had all over us were bed bug bites....... 3 weeks later we're home with our normal routine till we find out the house was INFESTED AND I MEAN INFESTED with bed bugs. The bites we had at home were the same at the resort. When I called the resort to complain and see what they could do they denied responsibly. I just got done pay 2K to tent and cook my ENTIRE home I had several hundreds of bed bugs around my home!!!!! You can expect to be served to show up in court I will be taking you to court!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
OPRGuestExperiences, Manager at Oak Plantation Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2015
Denise,

We are taking your complaint seriously. When you were on property and made us aware of it, we immedialtely called our licensed and insured company to inspect the unit and surrounding units.
The findings showed that there were no bed bugs. Furthermore,this supposed incident was over a month ago and we have had several other families stay in that unit and surrounding units with no complaints. I can understand your frustation and wanting to get reimbursed. We will be sending you a copy of the findings sent to us by our licensed and insured company who has been in business for over 25 years. If you would like we can also forward a copy of the report to your attorneys. Unfortunately since we were not the cause there is nothing that we can do. We are sorry you are going through this experience and hopefully you will find where they actually came from.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I am taking the time to write my first review online, because I am so happy with the hotel I stayed in, and because I have come to rely on reviews posted by others online. I think it's time I contributed a review of my own, one that I hope will be helpful to someone else.

I am checking out of this hotel/villa in a couple of hours (the Oak Plantation Resort in Orlando), after a 3 night stay. I stayed with my 9yo daughter. We've had a fantastic time here in Orlando, FL. The hotel, which is really like an apartment complex, is a 20 minute drive from Disney World. We had a 1 bedroom with queen bed, fully equipped kitchen- it even had utensils, plates and pots- with a full size fridge, electric oven, stove top and microwave. There was a washer/ dryer combo which I didn't care for. It washes the clothes, then you switch it to time drying. But while it seemed to wash ok, the drying required an extra go round. In other words, it dried the clothes for an hour, but at the end, the clothes were still damp. So I repeated it for another hour. Not a big deal.

There was free parking and WiFi. A swimming pool, + a kiddie pool and hot tub were all outdoors. There was no lifeguard- not a surprise at this price range- and people were in the pool well past 10pm. Some people might not like that but I was perfectly fine with it. My daughter stayed in the pool past 10pm on our last night. We were on the ground level, directly across from the pool and there was no noise that I could here from inside. There was also a swim up bar which I didn't use since I don't drink.
The location was quiet, the grounds clean and well maintained. The complex looked exactly as it appears online, which is not always the case with a lot of hotels. They provided soap and towels.
The only way I wouldn't stay here next time we come to Orlando, is if I choose not to rent a car the next time, since rental cars are so expensive. I might stay closer to Disney World and take advantage a free shuttle back and forth to the theme parks.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Nerisa,

Your first review on line turned out to be an excellent one for us. Thank you for your great comments. A happy guest makes us happy and motivates our staff as well. I will be certain to share your comments with the staff. Sounds like giving us an opportunity paid off.
If you decide to stay at our resort again,I wanted to point out that we do offer free scheduled shuttle transportation to all of the theme parks.
Also, Thank you for pointing out how central our location is. I am sure future guests will find this information helpful.

We hope to see you again !

Been to Oak Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!