“Nice economical place to lay your head” 4 of 5 stars

Galleria Palms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #28 of 159 hotels in Kissimmee
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Nice economical place to lay your head”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

If your visiting Orlando you probably aren't going to be living in your room. This hotel is a great place to stay for the money. We paid $566 for a week stay for 4 people. The breakfast isn't quite what is stated on the site, but it's still free and you will get full. Beds are probably the best thing about the room they are very comfortable and I didn't wake up with any new aches or pains :). There is a small fridge and micro in your room and if you ask to have a room where you can see Disney's fireworks they will accommodate you. Staff is super friendly and rooms clean. Not a 5 star resort but great for a nice little stay.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing Magic Kingdom
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

525 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed here recently with my boyfriend for 5 nights. We were looking for a hotel that was decently priced, well located, clean, and provided a free shuttle to the theme parks. Galleria Palms checked every single one of those boxes.

Check-in was quick and seamless. Front Desk was very friendly and helpful. The actual room was clean and included a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. The beds were comfortable. The Free breakfast was decent, and although it was far from fancy, all the bases were covered; milk, ceral, juice, muffins, eggs, sausage, bread, bagels, etc.

The location was great. In addition to being close to Disney, it is on a smaller street (quiet!) just off of a larger strip that allowed us to be within walking distance to a number of different restaurants, and supermarkets.

We had to utilize the free shuttles to the theme parks because we did not want to rent a car (and pay for the rental, insurance, parking, gas, etc.) and we found that the shuttles were very easy to use. It is not true that they only leave once a day. There are multiple shuttles to Disney in the morning/early afternoon, and multiple shuttles back from Disney in the evening. The only shuttle that left and returned once a day was for Universal Studios, but I did not find the times to be inconvenient, and Galleria Palms was one of the very few hotels in the Kissimmee area to even provide a shuttle to Universal.

My only, although small, complaint is that the cleaning staff seemed to be rushing us out of our room by asking us what time we would be leaving, even when we still had over an hour left till check-out time. Otherwise, I was very pleasantly surprised buy the quality of this hotel and would not hesistate to stay at Galleria Palms again. It was very reasonably priced and fufilled everything I was looking for in a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Galleria_Palms, General Manager at Galleria Palms Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear you had such a nice time during your stay with us. We are always happy to hear that we are doing right by our guests and having them leave happy and satisfied! I am sorry that housekeeping rushed you a bit on check out, i will certainly follow up them regarding that issue.

Again thank you for staying and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Nice quiet family hotel. Clean rooms. Decent breakfast. Good Service. Good location. We stayed 8 nights February 16-24, and had no complaints. We did rent a car. I do not know how the shuttle service is.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Okotoks, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had two rooms for 4 nights while we visited the theme parks.

Hotel was easy to find and was a quick drive in my opinion to sea world and Disney world. Didn't use the shuttles but I saw the schedule might not be ideal hotel if you don't have your own car. as i think the shuttle is a bit lacking maybe stay at a disney resort if you want a shuttle that runs like transit at home.

There are lots of restaurants close by, IHOP is the same parking lot, Wendys, McDonalds to name a few, That's where we ate so that's all I can comment on but I did see a sizzler and shonny's and others around.

Rooms where clean beds were comfy pillows were lacking but I have yet to find a hotel that matches my pillow at home so I can't fault them for that. Lots of drawer space as well in the rooms, Our bed was made up every day as expected new towels arrived as well.

Pool it s basic pool its not heated so on cold nights it can be cold to but on hot days I am sure it would be great.

Breakfast wasn't bad they alternate between eggs and sausage and eggs and biscuits and gravy. There is also a selection of cereal and toast and bagels. I feel it was reasonable for what we paid for the room.

Yeah the abandoned hotel around it are sort of an eyesore but there isn't anything they can do about that but not once did I feel worried.

Never once did I see a timeshare person I know they have a desk there and offer cheap tickets to the parks but I just walked on by and didn't bother so I am not sure why it matters if they are there or not.

If you have your own car and are looking for a good price hotel close the the resorts I would have no problems suggesting staying here. If you have time and shop around you can find a great deal, Prices ranged from 66-98 CAD per night Plus tax and resort fee.

Room Tip: The Odd number rooms face away from the road even numbers face the pool. The higher up odd room num...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Miami Lakes, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a very bad first impression: Their check in time is strictly enforced. They won't allow you to enter before 3PM. Not even 30 min earlier, unless you pay an extra fee - which was almost the same rate I paid during my online booking. No courtesy for early check in, this is the rule.
Breakfast is OK for the price. You won't expect fresh fruits or the best OJ, so it is worth the price you paid.
Hotel was under renovation, but no huge noise during the work.
Room was clean, no remarks.
Internet was a mess. During my stay, NO ACCESS to internet at all. Everyday a different excuse - from "I'm calling the technician" to "we are fixing it". I decided not to bother and used my cellphone connection.
Hotel is far from eveything - so, you MUST have a car. They provide transportation to the Disney complex and Universal/Sea World, but their schedule is simple: one ride out, one ride back.
You may have other options for the same price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Topanga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently stayed at this lodging property in order to economize while attending a work-related conference at one of the Disneyland hotels. I picked this property based on the generally positive reviews on TA. Galleria Palms is located a few minutes west of the 4 Freeway just to the SW of the main theme park region. I had a 20 minutes drive on surface streets to get to the meeting hotel and passed several of the resorts on my way there. There is nothing in the immediate vicinity apart from businesses obviously out for the tourist $$ including discount souvenir shops, several restaurants, and other hotels.

Yes, the décor is a little old and not quite pristine. I found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, and worth the modest price. My double had a small refrigerator and microwave as well as a flat screen TV with what seemed like a full complement of cable channels. For some reason, my bathroom had two sinks; also, the stream from the shower was weak. I could hear absolutely everything going on in the halls but little through the walls from my neighbors. I did not see a business center and I noticed a pool and a fitness facility. Parking for my rental car was free and plentiful. When I checked in, the registration person directed me to the concierge to get a parking permit. No problems with either check-in or check-out.

The complimentary breakfast was decent if not luxurious – scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy on one morning and mini-sausages and eggs another morning with cereal, fruit, pastries, and toast/English muffins. The coffee should satisfy the average coffee drinker though the connoisseur will be disappointed. Overall, no complaints in the breakfast department. I think I was among the few business travelers that weekend since as far as I could tell most of the other guests were families or other recreational visitors (including a senior baseball/softball team). Also, the hotel is non-smoking and during my stay I did not notice any of the usual tell-tale signs of cigarette smoking around the supposedly 100% smoke-free hotel as is so common in other “smoke free” properties.

In summary, this property offers a more than decent lodging experience – quiet, clean, safe, decent breakfast – close to the theme parks and what my employer and I will consider a good value for $$ spent. If I am in the Orlanda theme park region, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicagoland, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in 2009 and were pleased, so chose to stay here again this year. I don't know what has changed, but had the hotel been like this in '09 we never would have come back, and we surely won't in the future! There are some pros: Great proximity to Disney, and easy to get to (right off 192). Free breakfast is decent but not wonderful - we grabbed a coffee and maybe a mini muffin, but ate our 'real' breakfast at WDW. Cons: It's located on a side street off 192 and to get to the theme parks you either have to turn right and do a U-turn in morning traffic, or go several minutes around the back way to come out at a light. Hotel in & out looks old and tired - like another reviewer said the hotel updates are like new paint on an old house. The plumbing is sub-par (toilet took FOREVER to refill and ran noisily, tub drained slowly and we had to remove the stopper to make any measurable progress at all). While it isn't FILTHY, it's not immaculate either - corners are literally cut when the bathroom is cleaned, and the velour blanket had stains on it that looked like maybe ash marks (even though hotel is nonsmoking). We had housekeeping come in once during our 5 day stay, and they replaced the towels and made the bed but didn't change the sheets. (I could tell because there was a small stain where a razor nick bled on the sheet. Not sure whether that is meant to be a green measure that they just don't advertise, or if they were supposed to change the sheets but didn't.) The toilet paper holder was broken and wouldn't stay 'closed' so you had to hold it in place to get TP or the roll would fall off the holder. And the icing was the large cockroach running across the carpet on our last night there. Overall: Price and proximity are good - but there are other hotels with good price and proximity, and next time we'll be staying in one of those!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Galleria Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!