“A secret treasure if you are visiting Disney” 4 of 5 stars

Galleria Palms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #28 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Chennai (Madras), India
“A secret treasure if you are visiting Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Our is a small family with a 4 yr old kid, we stayed here for our week's visit to Disney! A very clean, spacious, hotel. Rooms were very clean and room service was excellent. Breakfast was good too and complimentary! We wanted to extend our stay for one day and they did it for the same price for what we had for the other days! The hotel is just 15 mins away from magic kingdom,5 to 10 mins away from all the other parks! Which is really a good news for travelers to disney! Overall we really enjoyed our stay here !

Room Tip: Hope all the rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Easton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night based on the property's excellent reviews. I must say that I was disappointed. I may be willing to call the property "average" for a two star hotel, but based on the three star rating, I would have to say that it was "poor".

As far as positives, the front desk was excellent and our reservation was fine. We encountered a problem when the smoke detector in the room adjacent starting "chirping" at midnight, driving us crazy and it was promptly taken care of by staff. We found the room to be very quiet for sleeping (after that).

Unfortunately, beyond those positives we found the property was run down and disappointing. Every review we read said that it was clean, so maybe we got a bad housekeeper, but we certainly found the opposite. The room was mostly clean but there was a huge clump of hair on the floor next to the shower, the light switches had grime caked to them and the shower had evidence of other people's bars of soap, etc. That made me question how clean the room really was.

Additionally, our room was in poor shape. The couch looked like something you'd find at a fraternity house and had a big rip on one side and lopsided stuffed cushions. Had my children accompanied me I wouldn't have wanted them to sleep on it. Our blanket and the cover to the decorative pillow on the bed both had holes. The other furniture showed many years of wear as well. The carpet was stained and old.

The carpets in the hallway were also very worn and on our floor, dirty at the end of the hallway. I certainly wouldn't expect such a worn property to be considered a 3-star. As others mentioned, I was off put by the abandoned property behind this hotel and the immediate area around it. We were careful to park close to the door where it was well-lit because of this.

In summary, I wouldn't stay here again, even for the price. Pay a little more and try something different.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is located between Universal and Disney. When we checked in the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Everything was clean and what we had expected. Breakfast had a variety of things to eat. We would stay here again!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights.
Pros:
1. The room was clean and modern decorated. The bed was very comfortable.
2. Hotel has great location to Disney.
3. Free hot breakfast was good, but I couldn't say it's great.
4. Free wi fi and parking.
5. Had enough parking lot.
6. It's quiet and nice.
7. Convenient to the super market.

Cons:
1. When I asked the old guy who sold the park tickets in the hotel about the tickets, he said: "Does your husband go on vacation with you? Does he speak better English?". I told him I booked the whole trip myself. This is the gender discrimination or the race discrimination questions. No professional at all. This was only bad memory of our whole trip. I didn't buy any ticket from him. Other people in the hotel were very nice.
2. Hot breakfast didn't have fresh fruits, only the tinned fruits.
3. Didn't have hair conditioner, only shampoo.
4. Didn't change the sheet for 6 nights when we're there. I don't know the hotel policy. They had the limited room services during the Thanksgiving, but charged $20 more on Nov.23rd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Galleria_Palms, General Manager at Galleria Palms Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Galleria Palms. I regret to hear you didn't have a fantastic stay, but appreciate the feedback as it is a great way for us to learn and improve our product. I do apologize for your feelings towards our guest service attendant that was present. I can assure you it was not to gender or racially discriminate, they do have different offers and have some qualifying questions they need to ask. I have followed up with the manager to review how questions can be asked as they can be interpreted differently.
I will certainly take the feedback regarding having conditioner present in the room as an additional amenity as well as the possibility of fresh fruits. We do our best to offer a selection with our complimentary breakfast.
In regards to housekeeping, our housekeepers service the room daily. For guests who stay a longer period of time, they complete a full linen change every 2nd day. The days in between they tidy the room, clean the bathroom, make the beds, remove trash and replenish towels and vacuum. Anytime in future shall you visit and feel that the service is not up to your standards, please do communicate to us and we can follow up with housekeeping to ensure you are fully satisfied.
Thank you kindly for staying with us and i sincerely appreciate your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights here. Literally minutes from all the parks. Breakfast was awesome and included. Watch the serving hours though. We slept in ome morning and missed it. Booked on Hotels.com and paid much less than some of the other surrounding, not as nice, motels in the area. Bed was great. We had the king studio with the sofa bed. great for my young kids, probably need the extra bed for older kids or teenagers. Did have a table and chair, but we did not use them. Pool was ok, too cold to swim though, it was November. Staff was great and room was cleaned daily, beds made. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel is very clean, well maintained & well managed. Located on Hwy 192 near restaurants, shopping & other attractions. Disney Animal Kingdom is located directly behind the hotel & only minutes by car. There is a pool & plently of parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hastings, Florida USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ALWAYS strip the beds when I go to a hotel so I can look for bedbug signs. This hotel has the bedbug proof mattress protectors! It was clean, beds were comfortable, it was QUIET, it was posh and for a King Suite under $50 a night PLUS a REAL breakfast? INSANE! Well if it's crazy, keep the meds because I'll keep staying here! I preferred it over Disney's All Stars Music! I stayed here then went to Disney, I was disappointed with DISNEY!!!! NICE NICE NICE! You just can't beat their location to Disney AND the fact it's just so quiet and nice!

Room Tip: It's ALL good! It's quiet and I just loved staying there!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Galleria Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!