“Pros and Cons of Galleria Palms hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Galleria Palms Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3000 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #29 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pros and Cons of Galleria Palms hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights.
Pros:
1. The room was clean and modern decorated. The bed was very comfortable.
2. Hotel has great location to Disney.
3. Free hot breakfast was good, but I couldn't say it's great.
4. Free wi fi and parking.
5. Had enough parking lot.
6. It's quiet and nice.
7. Convenient to the super market.

Cons:
1. When I asked the old guy who sold the park tickets in the hotel about the tickets, he said: "Does your husband go on vacation with you? Does he speak better English?". I told him I booked the whole trip myself. This is the gender discrimination or the race discrimination questions. No professional at all. This was only bad memory of our whole trip. I didn't buy any ticket from him. Other people in the hotel were very nice.
2. Hot breakfast didn't have fresh fruits, only the tinned fruits.
3. Didn't have hair conditioner, only shampoo.
4. Didn't change the sheet for 6 nights when we're there. I don't know the hotel policy. They had the limited room services during the Thanksgiving, but charged $20 more on Nov.23rd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Galleria_Palms, General Manager at Galleria Palms Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Galleria Palms. I regret to hear you didn't have a fantastic stay, but appreciate the feedback as it is a great way for us to learn and improve our product. I do apologize for your feelings towards our guest service attendant that was present. I can assure you it was not to gender or racially discriminate, they do have different offers and have some qualifying questions they need to ask. I have followed up with the manager to review how questions can be asked as they can be interpreted differently.
I will certainly take the feedback regarding having conditioner present in the room as an additional amenity as well as the possibility of fresh fruits. We do our best to offer a selection with our complimentary breakfast.
In regards to housekeeping, our housekeepers service the room daily. For guests who stay a longer period of time, they complete a full linen change every 2nd day. The days in between they tidy the room, clean the bathroom, make the beds, remove trash and replenish towels and vacuum. Anytime in future shall you visit and feel that the service is not up to your standards, please do communicate to us and we can follow up with housekeeping to ensure you are fully satisfied.
Thank you kindly for staying with us and i sincerely appreciate your feedback.

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights here. Literally minutes from all the parks. Breakfast was awesome and included. Watch the serving hours though. We slept in ome morning and missed it. Booked on Hotels.com and paid much less than some of the other surrounding, not as nice, motels in the area. Bed was great. We had the king studio with the sofa bed. great for my young kids, probably need the extra bed for older kids or teenagers. Did have a table and chair, but we did not use them. Pool was ok, too cold to swim though, it was November. Staff was great and room was cleaned daily, beds made. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Hotel is very clean, well maintained & well managed. Located on Hwy 192 near restaurants, shopping & other attractions. Disney Animal Kingdom is located directly behind the hotel & only minutes by car. There is a pool & plently of parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hastings, Florida USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I ALWAYS strip the beds when I go to a hotel so I can look for bedbug signs. This hotel has the bedbug proof mattress protectors! It was clean, beds were comfortable, it was QUIET, it was posh and for a King Suite under $50 a night PLUS a REAL breakfast? INSANE! Well if it's crazy, keep the meds because I'll keep staying here! I preferred it over Disney's All Stars Music! I stayed here then went to Disney, I was disappointed with DISNEY!!!! NICE NICE NICE! You just can't beat their location to Disney AND the fact it's just so quiet and nice!

Room Tip: It's ALL good! It's quiet and I just loved staying there!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Olin Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

spent several days traveling around Florida staying in a different hotel each evening... Massive dissapointment on the whole , EXCEPT for our stay last Wed. at the Galleria Palms Hotel in Kissimee Florida.. Employees were wonderfully pleasant, the hotel was as clean as I have seen and everything seemed new. The breakfast furnished free was wonderful and the nightly price was perfect. I will be leaving unflattering feedback on the majority of the others we stayed at but take my word for it. You will like this hotel...Iowa couple celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was my second stay at the Galleria and it was much better than the first.

The first time (back in 2010) I had a horrible experience with an asian gentleman that was working the front desk upon checkin, he was BEYOND RUDE & the hotel did not have 2 king rooms available which is what we had reserved. I'm glad to see he was not there this time. [you can see my previous review on this hotel on tripadvisor].

Our room #526 was great, except for the sheets & pillows. I feel like the sheets were rough and the pillows are too small for such a large bed (it was a king room). Also, the curtains didnt close all the way so in the morning i had bright sunshine on my face and it made the room warm.

I do recognize that for $60 a night, I really couldn't ask for more (call about florida resident discounts).

The room was clean & comfortable but I will say that the hallway carpets are starting to look dingy and smell like they need a good steam or replacement. Maybe adding airfreshner to the hallways could help.

Other than that, I have no complaints. I will probably stay here agin when I visit Disney.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed three nights over last weekend. It was nice. Mike and Harold are wonderful front desk personnel. The lady who works the discount tickets counter was pleasant too. They accommodated us on a late check-out. Outside of paying $2.50 for a soda and the breakfast that was a little less than what I'd hoped for, I have 0 complaints. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Galleria Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!