After reading all the reviews in the year leading up to our stay here 22 july to 13 aug, we was worried to say the least. They all seamed so negative. We was wrong, this place is brilliant.
To all those moaning about the town houses, what do you expect? It's not 5* and your not staying there for the house are you? Expect little, get little.
We stayed in a un reno and it was absolutly fine, please dont be scared. Yes there are spiders, ants, lizards and roaches now and then, its florida for god sake. You will not die and you can get pest control from walmart cheap.
If the down stairs shower is too small, you really need to loose weight, its fine. The kitchen had the basics and for those moaning about not having toilet roll, washing powder/liquid etc, get real. You need to buy these from walmart. Your not paying Fantasy world to wipe your bum for you too. Treat it like you was at your own home, there are costs.
The whole place is aimed at comfort. The loungers, the padded chairs, the ease of everything. I only come across one grumpy memeber of staff who did the activities, the rest seamed really good, happy, polite and helpful. remember they work 12 hr plus days every day, doing the same thing over and over and over for little pay. I'd be grumpy from time to time too. Everywhere seemed clean and the amenities were all great. There is so much to do.
I would have given this place 5 stars, but there are 4 negatives that annoyed me.
1) WI-FI, it is non existant. Every single guest i spoke to had trouble. Reception dont care and it looks like no time soon it will get fixed. I got 0.66 mbps stood outside the router room, and nothing at all in my villa that was right next to reception where that room is. Pathetic. I did however get a 5 mbps signal in the activity room connected to an unlocked wifi signal and managed to watch the soccer, read the paper and monitor my cctv. But i should have been able to do these things in my room as advertised/promised.
2) Starting at 7:30 and ending at 9:00 every morning they would cut the grass and hedges or pointlessly use petrol blowers to blow nothing. EVERYDAY :-(
3) You have to use your room key to get in and out of the pool are. You only get 2 keys. Outside of those areas are EVEYTHING you need to get to, the bar, toilets, activity room, etc etc. 4 people, 2 keys, in and out, it just dont work. The Boundry needs to be reconsidered and extended.
4) Your not allowed outside (non resort purchase) food or drink into the pool 'area'. The pool opens at 9:00, the bar for food and drinks 11:00. Thats two hours in the heat with no food or drink, seems stupid. We just ignored it and took what we wanted. They shouted a few times over the tannoy but it was just ignored.
Over all this place is great and well worth the money. Remember, you get what you pay for and this place is cheap. You are not staying there for the room or a maid service and if it is a bad room, get moved. Ours was old and needed reno but we are not fussy and didnt expect too much. Plus we only really slept there and only booked this place for the pool.
It was a great stay and we would definatly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family friendly townhouse resort offering activities for all ages. Amenities include a zero entry pool, lazy river, two water slides, kiddie splash zone, 18 hole mini golf, daily scheduled activities, tennis, basketball, shuffle board, bocce ball, batting cages (softball & baseball, covered playground and covered playground. Guests enjoy scheduled transportation to the theme parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fantasy World Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantasy World Club Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Fantasy World Hotel
- Fantasy World Resort
- Fantasy World Florida