“HIT OR MISS” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5005 Kyngs Heath Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #29 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“HIT OR MISS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We'll let me start off saying this is not a bad place to stay just hit or miss in quality from what I have read on the updated rooms, so don't have any kind of expectations except a place to rest/sleep. I can't speak on the pool area. With that being said check in was slow but the 2 guys at the check in desk didn't seem like they wanted to be there, not rude but very short and to the point. But the lady that checked us out was awesome.
We did get a non updated room, which I must say even after asking for an updated one and getting shut down before I could even finish asking because I guess he new what I was asking for. He said they were booked up And don't have any free. Well that was a crock all the parking lots looked empty even at 3am which is When we got in most nights. I know not every one rents a car but the place just looked dead.

The room was not bad just looked like a 2 story motel room from the 80's. The bed was small for a queen. The TV's were a joke a 10" in the second bedroom, a 19" in the main bedroom and looked to be a 25" downstairs. Bathroom was tiny to say the least I'm 6'5" and had a hard time taking a shower in that tiny tub mix and forget about the midget shower downstairs. The thing that bothered me the most was lack of HOT WATER! Only one night we had hot enough water that we had to change it from the all hot side, other nights we had it on all hot and had to make a quick shower. The washer/dryer combo looked to be new but was the loudest washer I have ever heard. I think because it was just set in a drain pan off kilter so it didn't allow proper balance, but u couldn't move it because it was just crammed into a closet. There is a huge fire hazard behind the bed, it is a plug with both lamps plugged into it and the bed is shoved up against it. One little spark and up in flames u go as u sleep. The only great thing about the room was that the ac worked like a champ.
I would not choose to stay here again unless I got another deal on it and my default hotel was booked up. After the fees the savings on this hotel vs the one web have stayed at in the past was only $200 dollars, I will not go for the savings again over quality.

AND JUST A REMINDER U HAVE TO PAY THE RESORT FEES EVEN IF U DONT USE ANYTHING INCLUDED ON THE FEE LIST EXCEPT PARKING. That's [--] $100 for parking, so unless u plan on using the pool/activities or get a awesome deal stay somewhere else. When I was asking about them during check in he looked confused and asked why did we choose to book this resort if we didn't plan on using anything with the resort.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay and taking the time to write a review giving us your valued feedback. We appreciate your comments that allow us to learn and improve. Your comments have been passed onto our management team who will review them with our staff. We hope you will try us again.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Manchester, Maryland, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have to preface this by saying that the resort is in the process of a makeover. Our unit was either done or almost done the makeover. The units next to use were under construction. So there was a lot of morning construction noise and there were bug issues, which I hope were related to the construction. We had a major sugar ant infestation which they immediately came over and sprayed for (we had to leave the unit for the day) and then had roaches (Palmetto bugs).
The unit was small but decent. The master bed was horrible though, two twins together for a king but felt like there was a board in the middle. We did not really get sleep! They REALLY need to replace it! There is one bath and two bedrooms upstairs. the bath is okay, they updated the tiles but not the insert. The shower head was not replaced and was very low (I'm 5'6" and it was too low for me). The laundry is upstairs and that was nice, the machines are very small though.
The resort grounds are nice and there is a lot to do. There are a few pools (most people use the main pool). There is mini-golf, tennis, water slides, lazy river, bar, cornhole, pool table, ping pong, etc. The lazy river is smaller than I thought but was nice when there weren't a bunch of kids. They could use a few more tubes. What was annoying is that you have to have your key card to get through every gate and there are a ton of them. To get to the bathroom back to the pool you need one. That was a bit much. The activity center with the computers, etc also closes early. My only complaint was that they allow smoking which I do not want near me or my children. But other than that it was nice in the common areas.
The staff really makes the place night. They responded very quickly to the bug issue. They comp'ed a night for us for the issues. They were also very helpful when we needed to print our boarding passes but the computer lab was closed. Overall it is a nice place to stay if you have children and it is convenient to everything.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. We are sorry to hear you had some issues but glad to hear the front desk responded to your needs. Be sure to mention mattresses while, here as they are changed out as needed. This is the time of year we upgrade areas. Some units are being renovated while we are in the process of putting new windows and sliding glass doors in all the units. We hope you will try us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at fantasyworld for 10 nights with my family. I loved the fact that I had my own kitchen to cook in and also the laundry was a huge win! Walmart is in walking distance so we got groceries and saved alot of money from this :) The courtesy shuttle to main attractions was very convenient! The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only thing that I would change is the fact that there were no spare blankets and no instructions on how to use the airconditioning so it was a choice of freezing or sweaty. I'm sure if I had actually asked the staff they would have assisted me with this. We felt very comfortable and at home staying here :)

• Stayed September 2013
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay. It great you were able to use all the amenities down to the washer/dryer. In the future, please be sure to contact the front desk if things are working and they will be happy to get you the proper assistance.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed here as a family of 5 at the end of September. It was a great place for a family holiday. The kids loved the slides and the pools. We asked ahead of time for an updated villa near the pool and this was given to us. We checked in quite late at 10.30pm and the staff were really helpful. There is a washing machine in the townhouse which was a great bonus. The only area I feel could have been improved on was that the shuttles to the theme parks were fairly infrequent - so if you want to travel outside the allotted times it was a $20 taxi ride. All in all a great family holiday - and I would definitely recommend to others. Thank you.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for an updated townhouse near the pool.
Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay, all the way from Australia. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to use the amenities.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

So being a Florida native, I have visited the Orlando area quite a few times, but have tended to stay in hotels. However, after staying at Fantasy World with the family I think this is the best way to go when traveling and staying in Orlando with multiple people.

I started thinking about how many times I had stayed at hotels with the kids and even if you get adjoining rooms it still feels cramped and there is no real place to get away from each other except to literally leave the room.

Now for specifics about Fantasy World Villas:

1. The check-in process was simple and painless. I had made the reservation over the phone two months in advance so the only thing I needed to pay was the resort fee, which was $12.50 for all of us (two adults and three children) per day. It was worth it for the pool area alone.

2. The townhouse itself was clean and had a decent sized kitchen, bathrooms (one downstairs and one upstairs), living/dining room (couch was a sleeper sofa) and two bedrooms upstairs. There was a washer and dryer located upstairs, which came in handy to dry towels and bathing suits from pool. A small screened in patio as well in the back of unit.

3. Location is convenient. There are quite a few restaurants in the area (some close enough to walk to), shopping centers for groceries, souvenirs, etc. are nearby as well. Disney World is about 10-15 minutes away depending on traffic. SeaWorld and Universal a little farther, but still relatively close. Osceola Parkway and 192 (Irlo Bronson Highway) are both right there near the resort.

4. The pool area was great. We walked over to the main pool that has a lazy river, kiddie splash area and slides. The slides were closed, but the kids loved the lazy river and the splash area. The pool was heated so the temperature was very comfortable.

5. The surrounding neighborhood is quiet and the grounds are clean.

Overall we will definitely consider staying at Fantasy World Villas again with the family.

Room Tip: The villas away from the main pool area were quiet and there was parking right in front of the unit.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld to host your stay and venturing away from a hotel. We are so glad to hear everyone had a good time and enjoy the resort. We look forward to your return visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

The location was just right close to Disney parks. The accomadations were nice a bit dated but for the price just right the pool and the grounds were very nice. The Fantasy surf which was included in our stay was outstanding and was included with our stay my son used the facilities every day! There were plenty of places to eat and things to do

• Stayed May 2013
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld Resort to host your stay. We are glad you were able to use the resort facilities along with Fantasy Surf, our indoor surf experience. The resort is getting a facelift this Fall with new windows and slider glass doors while 40 more units are currently under renovation. We hope to host your again in the near future.
Selston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The villas are situated off the main road in lovely surrounding which are well maintained. The accomodation is great; spotlessly clean and has everything you need. The ameneties are superb, and my 8 yr old asked to stay in resort quite a few days. The staff are really friendly and nothing is too much trouble. When you do stay in resort there is loads to do for the kids while you just relax in the spa pool or bar. There are a variety of nice restaurants nearby and a supermarket and mall 10 minutes walk away. Although we hired a car, we used the free resort minibus to the parks - it was less stressfull and less costly. We're saving up to go back!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing FantasyWorld Resort to host your stay. We are so glad you and your family were able to enjoy our amenities. We look forward to your return visit.

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!