“Accept what it is and enjoy!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Fantasy World Club Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5005 Kyngs Heath Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #29 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Essex
“Accept what it is and enjoy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Accept what Fantasy World is before you arrive and you can't go wrong. This is a seriously good, reasonably priced accommodation for Orlando with great facilities for kids.

We were a party of three, my partner and 8 year old son visiting from the UK. I've been to Orlando 7 times in the past 10 years so think I've got a decent grasp on the place and what makes a good quality stay especially for fellow Brits of which there are many making Orlando your holiday vacation.

I've stayed at hotels on I drive and on the 192 and rented villas in Davenport and have to say that I really prefer the freedom that a villa / condo has to offer. It gives you more room, the ability to make your holiday your home away from home. The accommodation at FWR doesn't give you your own private pool but does give you the benefits of a Villa with the added bonus of great "resort" and "hotel" type facilities.

I read the reviews of FWR in detail before I booked and there seemed to be a real Marmite vibe about the place. People either seemed to love it or hate it with no middle ground. I didn't let the negative vibes put me off as the positives seemed to outweigh the negatives and it was a decent price and I did what I always do and I set my expectations accordingly. I knew it would not be perfect but if we embraced it for what it was we would be ok. I was proved right!

I do think if some who have posted very negative reviews here had done the same then perhaps they would have enjoyed their stay a little more.

First, location. If Disney is your main destination during your stay then its perfect. Just off the 192 near mile marker 10 it's as close as you can get. 10 mins drive to all the parks, walking (yes, walking!) distance to a couple of restaurants and even the local Publix store though a 3 min drive will take you to a massive Walmart store. The local Olive Garden does a take out menu which we used and really enjoyed. Even if your planning to visit Universal and the likes of Sea World it's still a great location with both 15 to 20 mins drive if that.

Check in was fine. friendly and efficient. Took around five minutes to pay the extra resort fee (which I forgot about!) and get our pool wristbands. We were given property 2012, just 2 mins walk over road from main reception. To us it wasn't the updated properties that some seem to rave about but even so it was just fine! All the mod cons, decent kitchen, sofas, dining table, TVs in each room, two decent sized bedrooms etc etc

Based on previous reviews I expected the Wifi would be practically non existent - I wasn't disappointed, practically the only place you can rely on it is the reception and bar area. We got it every now and then but please don't expect to be surfing and facetiming folks at will.

I expected the washing machine to be loud and the drier to take forever to dry items - I wasn't disappointed. Both are very much the case. We ended up drying our gear on tables and doors and out on the patio when the sun was out.

Other niggles - The back door leading to patio jammed, the showers were not great, the hair dryer poor, the remote on the downstairs TV was hard work....

However, really, these are minor issues, and some are very common gripes on the reviews here so it was no surprise to us and we didn't even bother reporting them, I'd rather just get on with fun stuff than spend my time waiting on reception to get back to me.

We asked for an upgraded unit but were not successful but again I really struggle to agree with the negative reviews on here about the accommodation. Are the older accommodations perfect? No of course not! If you want perfection and have the cash then maybe try a posh Disneyland resort hotel, Gaylord Palms or a Condo in Celebration. The majority of ones at FWR are not brand new, it seems, are not ultra modern but they serve the exact purpose needed. They provide a clean comfortable base for your Orlando break. TVs in every room, shower and toilet downstairs, big fridge, cooker, microwave, toaster, coffee machine Etc. Yes, the kitchen isn't as well stocked as your own home or Gordon Ramsey's kitchen but they have all the essentials you need. We managed many breakfasts, lunches and dinners without problem. If you need something that isn't in the kitchen then phone reception and they will provide!

The pool and activities are excellent with something going on most if the day every day. There are two big slides (the yellow one in on par with some fast theme park one), a lazy river (better than the one at Legoland) and a nice warm pool open 9am-11pm. It was always popular but never had an issue with getting a lounger. There is a pool table, small arcade, activity centre with free Internet access and a small gym. in the evening the bar area was good and a great place to socialise and meet friends. Happy hour is 4-7 and the bar man (Dustin) friendly and helpful.

Our 14 night stay via Expedia came in at around £600 (900 dollars at 1.53 rate) including the 175 dollar resort free added by reception which I forgot about!

in summary our view is that this is excellent value for money and worth every penny. As I say, you do need to set your expectations. If you want to spend your holiday moaning and getting stressed about every fault and detail then FWR I am sure will give you plenty to gripe about. If, however, you accept it for what it is, that its not perfect but that is reflected in the price then you really can not go wrong and will have a great stay. If we are fortunate to be able to come out again I would certainly consider making FWR our base for our Orlando stay even if I could afford somewhere with better reviews.

Finally, a tip for any Brits not flying direct which was what I did for the first time in coming here this year...... Please AVOID transferring in Chicago at all costs! It's terrible, really bad and when I mentioned to Americans we met it is apparently common knowledge in the States that changing in Chicago "sucks" and is most definitely not "awesome"! In fact the border control officers first words to us was "so you folks had the misfortune to change in Chicago!" 2 hour wait! And this was a quiet day!!! So my advice Is either spend extra and go direct or change somewhere (anywhere!) else.

• Stayed August 2013
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and taking the time to write your feedback on the resort, we appreciate your comments. We're glad to hear you were able to take the time to enjoy our amenities and look forward to your next visit.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I didn't stay here, my brother and grandsons did. Pool area very nice ,lazy river also was very nice . My daughter and oldest nephew really liked the water slide. however the 6 1/2 year old was not allowed on it. The height minimum is 48" and strictly enforced ( he is average height and missed it by less than an inch). Needless to say he was disappointed.
Poolside had a lot of activities from sponge races to the dye t-shirts. Something every hour.

The villas are older but property seems well maintained, my brothers unit had been updated. He was pleased with the property and comfort level.

Website says 2 miles from Disney, keep in mind this is to the property line. Travel time to Magic Kingdom or Epcot is about 15 minutes with light traffics on the 535. (do not take 92 or add another 10 min)
Overall seems like a good value for a family vacation.

Room Tip: Pool area just average for families with children under five. Otherwise seems nice family place
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for you family, wish you could have joined them on the trip. You are correct, the slide minimum height requirement is strictly enforced per the guidelines of the manufacturer. Hopefully we will see everyone next year and he will be able to also enjoy the slides.
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We just returned from staying at the resort for 8 night (Aug 21-30). We are a family of four with two young adult kids (18 & 23). We arrived at the resort at 1am and the service we received was excellent and were upgraded to an updated unit quite close to the pool area. The units were smaller than we expected and measure approximately 6 metres (18 ft) wide and 8 metres (24 ft)long on the main floor. The upstairs has two bedrooms, one with two singles and one with two singles made into a king with a foam laid over where they joined.

PROS:
- Pool area is fantastic with lots of seating
- Kitchen is nice and updated
- Location is close to Disney as well as Hwy 4 which gets you to Universal, Seaworld and Outlet shopping
- Staff were very helpful and polite on check in and quickly addressed our two small issues with the oven cleaner not being wiped out of the oven (which we found after heating up the oven to cook pizza and smoke filling the kitchen) and the upstairs bath would not drain when showering
- Close to many restaurants (Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, TGI Fridays) and Walmart Super Center

CONS:
- Beds and couch need replacing!
- King bed needs to be a true bed and not to singles
- Could not exchange pool towels at pool for clean ones
- Cleaning service costs extra if you want a mid stay changing of sheets and towels
- You have to remove all the garbage out of the unit before you leave or they charge an extra fee. Small, petty thing but I am on holidays :)
- Bathroom downstairs is very small and shower was painted and was peeling

Overall this is a good choice if you don't want to spend a lot of time in the unit and want to enjoy the pool and take advantage of the location. I give the pool, staff and location 4 stars and the unit and cleaning regiment itself 2 stars so overall I would rate this a 3 star

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and taking the time to share you comments which as been shared with all the department heads. You are correct, the king beds are two twin with a bridge. Due to the configuration of the stairwell we are unable to bring a king mattress up to the 2nd floor. Hopefully we will see you on a return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was expecting a nice stay but nothing fabulous. I am AMAZED this place only has 3 stars! The pool was great, the service was great, our condo was great, location was awesome, everything was perfect! We did get here early at around 2pm and tried for an early check-in but that didn't work, I could tell they tried but it wasn't going to happen due to the cleaning schedule. It took us less than 10 minutes and very minimal traffic to get to Disney everyday. There are restaurants and activities just a street away. My family had so much fun here and we will definitely be recommending this place to all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: We did call a week in advance and request a renovated condo close to the pool. We did get what we re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed the visit. The housekeeping staff tries to turn the rooms around as quickly as possible, however we can't always get everyone registered early. Hopefully you took full advantage of the resort amenities while you waited.
Jersey UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent two nights here at the start of our holiday, staff very welcoming and friendly. Great central location, lots of restaurants and shops around. Spacious town home we had 6 of us stay comfortably. The pool/water park was excellent. Highly recommend for family holiday base in Kissimmee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your feedback. We are so happy you were able to enjoy our beautiful new pool area and hope you will be able to return in the near future.
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is our last day at this resort & I must admit I'm kinda glad, I should have known something was up when if you look at all the reviews, the resort has not responded to any of the complaints, that says something to me, either they never check Trip Advisor or that they just don't care! The resort itself is nice, that's why I didn't rate it lower, it's clean & all of the staff were fairly nice, I liked the pool area very much, they have lifeguards & there is a good activity schedule & a room with free WiFi, the location is good & the units are OK, but they are a few downsides to this resort.
Let's start with the beds, I have NEVER slept on a wrose matress in my life, the master has a king size bed that is more like two singles pushed together, there's a hard metal line running down the middle where the beds are pushed together, we asked for a new mattress but all they did was put padding on top of the metal bar, it didn't help, my back still hurts & I wasn't able to cuddle with my husband without one of us lying on the bar. One night my daughter was having a shower upstairs & water started coming through the a/c vent downstairs, we called maintenance who seemed to know exactly what was going on & moved the couch until he came & fixed the problem, I guess this is nothing new. We went to cook dinner another night & realized there were no pots or pans in the unit, they brought us some, but you would think someone would check these things. I asked for a renovated unit near the pool & we got a unit that was near the pool, but a bit outdated, the stairs were steep, there wasn't enough room to open my suitcase in the bedroom so had to put it in the hallway, the dryer sounded like it had rocks in it when it was running & there was a very old tv in the kids room.
So while the pool & location of this resort are great for kids & shopping & parks, my back problems do not make up for it, we won't be back, the fantasy has died :(

Room Tip: Get a room near the playground, we stayed in 3120 it's close to the pool but not too close.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your comments, they have been shared with all managers. You are correct, the king bed is two twin beds bridged together. Due to the configuration of the stairwell a king mattress can not make it up the stairs. Room renovations are a continuing project, we just began remodeling 40 units last week.
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

NO problem checking in great place for families .Enjoyed every minute of my stay. It was easy access to the super markets and to restaurant's and not far from the parks just about fifteen minutes or less

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!