“Absolutely AWESOME!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5005 Kyngs Heath Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #29 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Absolutely AWESOME!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was expecting a nice stay but nothing fabulous. I am AMAZED this place only has 3 stars! The pool was great, the service was great, our condo was great, location was awesome, everything was perfect! We did get here early at around 2pm and tried for an early check-in but that didn't work, I could tell they tried but it wasn't going to happen due to the cleaning schedule. It took us less than 10 minutes and very minimal traffic to get to Disney everyday. There are restaurants and activities just a street away. My family had so much fun here and we will definitely be recommending this place to all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: We did call a week in advance and request a renovated condo close to the pool. We did get what we re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your comments. We are so glad you enjoyed the visit. The housekeeping staff tries to turn the rooms around as quickly as possible, however we can't always get everyone registered early. Hopefully you took full advantage of the resort amenities while you waited.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Jersey UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We spent two nights here at the start of our holiday, staff very welcoming and friendly. Great central location, lots of restaurants and shops around. Spacious town home we had 6 of us stay comfortably. The pool/water park was excellent. Highly recommend for family holiday base in Kissimmee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your feedback. We are so happy you were able to enjoy our beautiful new pool area and hope you will be able to return in the near future.
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is our last day at this resort & I must admit I'm kinda glad, I should have known something was up when if you look at all the reviews, the resort has not responded to any of the complaints, that says something to me, either they never check Trip Advisor or that they just don't care! The resort itself is nice, that's why I didn't rate it lower, it's clean & all of the staff were fairly nice, I liked the pool area very much, they have lifeguards & there is a good activity schedule & a room with free WiFi, the location is good & the units are OK, but they are a few downsides to this resort.
Let's start with the beds, I have NEVER slept on a wrose matress in my life, the master has a king size bed that is more like two singles pushed together, there's a hard metal line running down the middle where the beds are pushed together, we asked for a new mattress but all they did was put padding on top of the metal bar, it didn't help, my back still hurts & I wasn't able to cuddle with my husband without one of us lying on the bar. One night my daughter was having a shower upstairs & water started coming through the a/c vent downstairs, we called maintenance who seemed to know exactly what was going on & moved the couch until he came & fixed the problem, I guess this is nothing new. We went to cook dinner another night & realized there were no pots or pans in the unit, they brought us some, but you would think someone would check these things. I asked for a renovated unit near the pool & we got a unit that was near the pool, but a bit outdated, the stairs were steep, there wasn't enough room to open my suitcase in the bedroom so had to put it in the hallway, the dryer sounded like it had rocks in it when it was running & there was a very old tv in the kids room.
So while the pool & location of this resort are great for kids & shopping & parks, my back problems do not make up for it, we won't be back, the fantasy has died :(

Room Tip: Get a room near the playground, we stayed in 3120 it's close to the pool but not too close.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at FantasyWorld Resort and sharing your comments, they have been shared with all managers. You are correct, the king bed is two twin beds bridged together. Due to the configuration of the stairwell a king mattress can not make it up the stairs. Room renovations are a continuing project, we just began remodeling 40 units last week.
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

NO problem checking in great place for families .Enjoyed every minute of my stay. It was easy access to the super markets and to restaurant's and not far from the parks just about fifteen minutes or less

Essex, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Hotel is a short drive to the Disney and Universal Parks and close to lots of restaurants. The swimming pool, slides and lazy river are good and make a break from the hustle and bustle of the parks, with plenty of activities for the children during the day. Our unit easily catered for the five of us (three 12 year old children) with one bedroom having a double bed and a second having twin beds. The sofa downstairs easily converted into a double bed, which we tended to leave as a bed although it did restrict the amount of space in the living room (see photo). However, as we were in Florida for the parks we tended to use the room for sleeping and showering and not as a place to entertain or stay in during the day. The unit had a good sized bathroom and was clean and tidy. It also had a second shower room, which was on the small size and was like showering in a telephone box. There was a full size kitchen with enough to cater for the five of us, although we did tend to eat out every night and only used it for breakfasts. There was also a handy washing machine and a safety deposit box in the room, plus free wi-fi, although this could be a bit slow at times. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful although one or two could do with a change of career! We only ate around the pool once due to the fact that it was expensive and they added 18% service charge to the bill, even though they took 40 minutes to serve one portion of burger and fries. There is a petrol station at the end of the road and a Publix supermarket within walking distance for groceries and changing travelers cheques (not done at the Hotel) If you're going on a family holiday to Florida for the parks, this hotel makes a very good base and you won't go too far wrong.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wesley Chapel, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros: close to Disney world, restaurants, shopping was convenient, but the resort had some good features like the pool area with the lazy river and slides, staff was friendly and professional, the grounds were well maintain, and the rooms in the townhome were very small but clean as well as the kitchen. that's about all the pros I have for this resort. Cons: the WiFi they are trying to sell you on that comes in your rooms it don`t work the full week we were there we had to use our data plan so if you plan on using your smartphone, laptop, ipad etc. make sure you have a good data plan. The pool area is nice ,but they don`t have a no smoking policy so you my end up inhaling second hand smoke from your pool neighbor, they also put a $50 hold on my credit card at check -in that much my was because we are timeshare owners at Marriott, but I think if you are not owners there of timeshares you maybe charged a $100 hold on your card or they may put hold for the amount of your first day stay, check it out before you book your stay . Overall we had a good time at the resort, but its not somewhere I would purchase a timeshare or weekend stay unless its the last minute decision, its not for me I only chose to stay there because of the lazy river and slides I was sold on from the pictures on the web site, so don`t be misled to believe you will have a lot to do at this resort" The $10million pool area and the surf shop down the street is all they have to offer" other than them two its just other apartment home. Hope this help, I`m not saying its a bad resort, but its not for me.

Room Tip: Universal Studios area rooms are nice and close to the pool area.
Arden, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I try to write realistic reviews and hope this will help you make a decision about where you vacation in Orlando. We are an average family of four with two boys, 8 and 11, not built of money and we look for good value and cleanliness. This was our first stay in Orlando as a family (I have been quite a few times on business) and there are lots of choices, so sift critically through what you read review-wise, recognize the realistic, and I hope this helps your family too. As always, I am happy to respond if you have further questions.

We rented a private unit back in Feb for August (#3145 in the Wet n Wild Court) online through VRBO.com and the owner was very nice and accommodating. The cleaning lady was leaving as we pulled up and while the unit itself is very dated (think early 80s décor, reminded me of Golden Girls!) it was very clean. As this was a private unit, check in at the front desk was NOT required, so don't bother going there unless you want the blank stare like I got. There is a key safe for the front door on the back right side of the porch which contains your keys. For the price of $699 out the door for 8 days, it more than sufficed our needs for a place to sleep at night and relax during the heat of the day with much more room than any Disney resort offers for the price. The beds are comfortable and I get the impression from other reviews that privately owned units might be a little nicer than the regular rental units. Ours had a king bed with a 4 inch cell foam topper - very comfortable. Kids room had two firm twin beds, and I can attest that the couches are quite comfortable for both naps and sleeping. I think the big one pulls out into a bed, but never bothered to find out. The laundry machine works well for small loads and is handy. We oiled the patio door (didn't want to slide) and the outside light was out (fixed that too), but I also understand that this climate is very taxing on homes, so overall it was fine for what we needed, and I don't mind helping. We treat other people's home like it was ours. Also note that the units next door seem to be occupied by full time residents that work, so we tried to be quiet and respectful. Parking is plentiful, but this particular area has residents as I mentioned, so you may have to park across the way and not directly at your unit. No big deal.

This unit had the basics like a set of old-style aluminum cookware, some Tupperware and cups, a coffee maker, a toaster and microwave. There was a nice kitchen table for six and two bar stools. Linens and pillows are plentiful and comfortable. We brought what we thought we would need as personal items. Things you might want to bring if you rent this unit would include zip lock bags, a copper pan scrubber, toilet paper you like, paper towels, saran wrap and foil, a candle that smells good, a citronella candle for the lanai, sanitary wet wipes for the counters and toilets, bagged ice (no ice maker), coffee (but look for filters in the unit first!), cups you like, a cooler or two, laundry detergent, dish detergent (both types), an ash tray if you smoke (outside only) and a couple of Lysol Neutra-Air cans. The exhaust fans in the bathrooms are very weak. There is a vacuum cleaner upstairs (sucks, pardon the pun!) and a broom and dust pan plus mop in the closet bathroom downstairs. Make it a point to read the book on the coffee table that outlines what the owner's expectations of the unit are while you are using it. There is also some good info in there about the surrounding area. Wi-Fi seemed to work well and 3G service is great. The outside lanai is screened in with an access door, and there is a nice table and chairs along with a umbrella for it if you need it in the downstairs closet.

Here's a tip we found out the first day: The resort fee is $12.50 per day if you want to use it, but you only have to pay on the days you use it at the front desk. They give you an RFID card to get access to the pool. Apparently they frown on outside drinks and food, but we toted it in anyways (discreetly) and no one said anything. On the second day my oldest discovered a pool across the way behind the opposite units (I think it is for Fantasy World II property) and we used that with NO fee and you could take anything you like. It is a basic pool with bathrooms, but much quieter and less kids, and also has a nice hot tub. The main resort area is very nice with awesome slides, a lazy river and a zero-depth pool, with a separate hot tub area. Food is available from the bar (they bring it from Fantasy Surf next door with a $10 minimum, tipped included and decent the day we used it) and drink prices at the bar aren't atrocious for a resort.

In the center of the unit area is a charcoal grill which I used one night. Restaurants are readily accessible. As you exit the resort main drive out, Walmart and Publix are to the left at the main light about .5 miles, but there is a nicer Publix to the right about 1.5 miles at the entrance to Celebration, FL, and I used it as it was really nice and clean. Both Publixs have a liquor store.There are a plethora of restaurants on 192, and access to Disney property is very easy from here - about a 10 minute drive straight down 192. Walgreens has lots of every day stuff you might need and there are other places to shop as well.

Room Tip: Peruse vrbo.com or homesaway.com rather than renting directly
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!