“My son never wanted to leave the Lazy River” 4 of 5 stars

Fantasy World Club Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5005 Kyngs Heath Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #28 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Edinburgh
“My son never wanted to leave the Lazy River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We arrived tired after a long day travelling and initial impressions weren't great. The overall set up of the apartments is somewhat drab and we had one of the green fronted ones which are the least attractive.

We had rented our apartment privately through HomeAway and it was clean and servicable but not luxurious. I don't know if it would count as renovated or not - it wasn't wildly modern but did have wide screen TV. Plumbing didn't seem marvellous - we had a couple of blocked toilets. We didn't have housekeeping during our stay, but due to the trip advisor reports of theft, I was actually quite glad about that.

However I warmed to it over our stay as it was great to have two bedrooms, washing machine & dryer, fully equiped kitchen/dining room and sofa to sprawl on. Much better than a hotel and cheaper too.

The main draw for us was the pool complex and we weren't disappointed. My son and husband were so taken by the lazy river and slides that it was an effort to get out to the parks with them. The pool slides were not open every day - due to staffing requirements I think.

As we rented privately we only paid the $12.50 service charge on the days we used the pool but then that turned out to be most of them. We also used the table tennis and shuffle board frequently and our son enjoyed losing his money pretty quickly in the arcade. There is a full day of activities but we were out for most of them - they looked fun.

There is a pretty decent gym on the complex which also has a steam room and sauna if you aren't hot enough already in the sun.

The bar area is pleasant too and they have happy hour(s) between 4-7 where a margarita will only set you back $3 - watch out they are lethal though. Strangely they didn't serve food - there may have been a very limited bar menu during the day but not in the evening. The complex is within walking distance of a few restaurants - TGI Fridays, CiCis and our favourite -Olive Garden.

We drove to the parks but the shuttle times seemed reasonable to me - they had 3-4 departures per day to Epcot and one to Universal and Busch gardens. There is also a free shuttle to the Lake Buena Vista shopping centre - make sure to get your discount vouchers from reception.
Driving times to the parks were reasonable,we tried to set out pretty early on our park days and it took around 15 mins to Disney door to door and 20 mins to Universal.

Staff at the front desk were generally pleasant, but there seemed to be a lot of people getting trained up so service could be slow. The lady on the trips booking desk was an absolute star when I lost my Disney pass, happy to ring up their customer services - thank you so much for your help. (Top Tip - take a copy of your park vouchers that way if you lose them Disney will be more than happy to give you a replacement)

Overall we were very happy with our stay. I would say the quality is that of 3 star but I have rated as very good because of the water park and the low cost. If we were to go to Florida again we may pay the significant extra to get the luxury and extra room space of a villa, but we absolutely loved having the water park and other facilities on site.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the pool, ask for an apartment near the complex.

593 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived at approx 6pm Thursday 21st March for 2 weeks, and check in was quick and easy as only us there at that time. The reception staff were both polite and friendly and when asked to recommed where we could go to eat that evening, gave us lots of information and a couple of takeaway menus. We stayed in Villa 3141, which has been renovated. There was parking right outside the door and the villa backed onto the childrens play area. The villa was spotlessly clean and smelt fresh. The villa was cleaned twice and had fresh towels and linen 3 times during the 2 weeks, which we were happy with. Plenty of room for us (2 adults and 1 child) lots and lots of cupboard space. Kitchen was well stocked with a huge fridge/oven/microwave/dishwasher etc. Master bed was huge and the singles were a good size too. Showers both great and used the washer and dryer a few times to wash some odd bits and they did the job. Aircon and heating were perfectly adequate. We had 2 little issues, 1 being a fire alram that beeped and needed a new battery and was replaced the same day and a door card that didn't work, which was reprogrammed. Both dealt with quickly and without any fuss. The Reception desk leave messages on your Villa a/phone to let you know the next days activites. Pool was lovely and quite warm. The hot tub spa was really lovely and we used this a few times when we got back from the Disney Parks. Location was great, 10-15mins from the Disney parks and very simple to get to. Surrouding area had lots of different restaurants and shopping outlets. We loved staying here and would come back again. We really had no complaints about this resort at all.

Room Tip: Renovated room.
CLINTONVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

we stayed at the Fantasy world villas this last March when we went to Disney, the place was great! we had a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa with a full kitchen, living room, and screened in porch in the back, they have a great water park on the grounds, in fact it was only about 100ft to get to it, very toddler friendly (we have a 3yr old).. it was just a few blocks off the main strip in kissimmi very close to places to eat, sites to see, and places to play...there was also a few grocery stores and a walmart close by and we saved some money by cooking breakfast and lunch in the room....I wouldn't even look at another place to stay when we go back to Disney in a few years, I will book here!

Room Tip: if possible request a room near the pool..
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family stayed here last spring and loved everything about it. The refurbished pool area with the slides, fountains, lazy river, and hot tub was PERFECT! My wife and I hung around the outside bar near the pool for the drinks and food while the kids stayed in the gated/secure area with the pool, ping pong, and arcade area. The villa we stayed in was very clean and finished nicely with a screen porch overlooking the pool area. There's so much to do right on the premises, and it's only about 1/4 miles from the fantasy surf and lots of shopping around. I would suggest you go to google earth to get a good perspective of the property from above - it looks like a water park surrounded by a resort. The resort is only a few miles from all the attractions. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed anything and the grounds were maintained well.
I highly recommend staying here.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in this resort in 2011 and had a lovely stay with no complaints at all. After reading the reviews on here I thought the resort may have gone down hill - it turns out, the resort is even better!!

The house was lovely, clean and spacious. We had no complaints at all. There were a few tiny ants appeared every now and again but nothing to write home about! The cleaners came in half way through our stay and changed our beds, gave us clean towels and cleaned the house. I love the fact there is a washer and dryer too - I actually came home from holiday with no washing to do! Brilliant!

A member in our party lost her travellers cheques. The staff at the front desk were so helpful and friendly and helped her to sort out and calm a very distressing time. We can't praise them enough! We found all the staff to be polite, friendly and helpful with any information we needed about the local area.

The new pool area is fab! The lazy river and slides were amazing. We didn't even feel the need to visit a water park this time as we felt we had everything we needed on our doorstep! There are lots of activities daily around the pool for the kids to do as well.

I've noticed a few people comment that the water smells in the resort. It does, but it does throughout Florida. It smells a bit eggy but we noticed it everywhere we went.

Thank you for a lovely stay. We cannot praise this place enough!!

Le Center, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights the beginning of April. Initially, I was not impressed with the villa, but I think I was a bit spoiled from the place we stayed at before. After bringing our 4 children to the pool, all my worries went away. The pool is absolutely wonderful for kids and adults. The water was warm, there were many activities for the kids to do, I just wish we would have had more time. I highly recommend calling and requesting a room close to the pool area and if you have small children reserving one of the cabanas at the pool. They are very nice for small children as they are shaded, have a fan...and for some down time, a tv. I would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room close to the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I know that there's been alot of negative reviews about this resort lately but our entire stay was absolutely wonderful!! We stayed during the second week of March 2013 and even though the entire resort was booked, it still was not too busy that we couldn't enjoy ourselves. I phoned & requested an updated unit for my family and my relatives approximately 1 1/2 weeks prior to arriving and the request was granted. As we have young children, I also requested to be close to the main pool and that too was granted. The Unit itself was excellent with tons of space for 2 adults and 2 kids. The water in the pool was very, very warm which was wonderful because the weather wasn't the warmest at the time of our stay. The pool bar serves food until 5pm and there's no where else on the property to get a meal after it closes. This didn't bother us because we had picked up some groceries and didn't want to be spending the money eating out anyways. There was activities for the kids every day if they wanted to participate....Bingo, skipping contest, hula hoop contest, movie night. There's also a ping-pong table and pool table to enjoy free of charge (which is outside by the pool area). We never had any cockroaches in our unit (thank goodness!!!!) but there was little ants that seemed to appear every once and a while. They certainly didn't bother us though. One person mentioned that the water smelled but that's not uncommon in Florida. We have had many friends stay in other very expensive resorts in Florida and the water smells in each and every one of them!!! Yes, it takes a long time to dry a load of clothes but we didn't mind. The use of the washer/dryer is free and it's right in our unit so I feel very fortunate to have even had a washer/dryer at al!! If we didn't have an updated unit I don't think I'd be writing such a great review but we were very fortunate to have had one and I can say in all honesty that my entire family can't wait to return next year!! We LOVED it!!!! Thanks so much to the wonderful staff and also a big 'thankyou' goes to Sandy!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!