“Great Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
CLINTONVILLE
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

we stayed at the Fantasy world villas this last March when we went to Disney, the place was great! we had a very nice 2 bedroom 2 bathroom villa with a full kitchen, living room, and screened in porch in the back, they have a great water park on the grounds, in fact it was only about 100ft to get to it, very toddler friendly (we have a 3yr old).. it was just a few blocks off the main strip in kissimmi very close to places to eat, sites to see, and places to play...there was also a few grocery stores and a walmart close by and we saved some money by cooking breakfast and lunch in the room....I wouldn't even look at another place to stay when we go back to Disney in a few years, I will book here!

Room Tip: if possible request a room near the pool..

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Rockford, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our family stayed here last spring and loved everything about it. The refurbished pool area with the slides, fountains, lazy river, and hot tub was PERFECT! My wife and I hung around the outside bar near the pool for the drinks and food while the kids stayed in the gated/secure area with the pool, ping pong, and arcade area. The villa we stayed in was very clean and finished nicely with a screen porch overlooking the pool area. There's so much to do right on the premises, and it's only about 1/4 miles from the fantasy surf and lots of shopping around. I would suggest you go to google earth to get a good perspective of the property from above - it looks like a water park surrounded by a resort. The resort is only a few miles from all the attractions. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed anything and the grounds were maintained well.
I highly recommend staying here.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in this resort in 2011 and had a lovely stay with no complaints at all. After reading the reviews on here I thought the resort may have gone down hill - it turns out, the resort is even better!!

The house was lovely, clean and spacious. We had no complaints at all. There were a few tiny ants appeared every now and again but nothing to write home about! The cleaners came in half way through our stay and changed our beds, gave us clean towels and cleaned the house. I love the fact there is a washer and dryer too - I actually came home from holiday with no washing to do! Brilliant!

A member in our party lost her travellers cheques. The staff at the front desk were so helpful and friendly and helped her to sort out and calm a very distressing time. We can't praise them enough! We found all the staff to be polite, friendly and helpful with any information we needed about the local area.

The new pool area is fab! The lazy river and slides were amazing. We didn't even feel the need to visit a water park this time as we felt we had everything we needed on our doorstep! There are lots of activities daily around the pool for the kids to do as well.

I've noticed a few people comment that the water smells in the resort. It does, but it does throughout Florida. It smells a bit eggy but we noticed it everywhere we went.

Thank you for a lovely stay. We cannot praise this place enough!!

Le Center, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights the beginning of April. Initially, I was not impressed with the villa, but I think I was a bit spoiled from the place we stayed at before. After bringing our 4 children to the pool, all my worries went away. The pool is absolutely wonderful for kids and adults. The water was warm, there were many activities for the kids to do, I just wish we would have had more time. I highly recommend calling and requesting a room close to the pool area and if you have small children reserving one of the cabanas at the pool. They are very nice for small children as they are shaded, have a fan...and for some down time, a tv. I would absolutely stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room close to the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I know that there's been alot of negative reviews about this resort lately but our entire stay was absolutely wonderful!! We stayed during the second week of March 2013 and even though the entire resort was booked, it still was not too busy that we couldn't enjoy ourselves. I phoned & requested an updated unit for my family and my relatives approximately 1 1/2 weeks prior to arriving and the request was granted. As we have young children, I also requested to be close to the main pool and that too was granted. The Unit itself was excellent with tons of space for 2 adults and 2 kids. The water in the pool was very, very warm which was wonderful because the weather wasn't the warmest at the time of our stay. The pool bar serves food until 5pm and there's no where else on the property to get a meal after it closes. This didn't bother us because we had picked up some groceries and didn't want to be spending the money eating out anyways. There was activities for the kids every day if they wanted to participate....Bingo, skipping contest, hula hoop contest, movie night. There's also a ping-pong table and pool table to enjoy free of charge (which is outside by the pool area). We never had any cockroaches in our unit (thank goodness!!!!) but there was little ants that seemed to appear every once and a while. They certainly didn't bother us though. One person mentioned that the water smelled but that's not uncommon in Florida. We have had many friends stay in other very expensive resorts in Florida and the water smells in each and every one of them!!! Yes, it takes a long time to dry a load of clothes but we didn't mind. The use of the washer/dryer is free and it's right in our unit so I feel very fortunate to have even had a washer/dryer at al!! If we didn't have an updated unit I don't think I'd be writing such a great review but we were very fortunate to have had one and I can say in all honesty that my entire family can't wait to return next year!! We LOVED it!!!! Thanks so much to the wonderful staff and also a big 'thankyou' goes to Sandy!!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

After a long 16 hour day at Magic Kingdom we arrived the check in to our unit at 12:30 a.m and couln't get in to the building because it was locked - that should have told me something right there. Had to ring a bell to be let in. There was NO parking near our unit which was way down the road so I called and they told me parking is not guaranteed. Our unit was absolutely disgusting - mold all over the floor boards and the whole side of the vanity! Just gave me the heebie jeebies being in there! You couldn't pay me to sit on the sofa. The manual say to make sure and check all the windows are locked so I check the nearest one, which was not locked and the screen fell right out and was all bent up. That did it for me - we loaded up our stuff and went to check back out. As my husband was loading everything he saw a man driving around the parking lot with no headlights....as I was checking out he found out it was the security guard! After going through the trouble of finding another hotel during spring break we got 3 hours of sleep that night before a full next day at Seaworld. Since I booked through our airline who knows if I will ever get my money back but there was NO WAY I was staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fantasyfla, Manager at Fantasy World Club Villas, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We are sorry you were disappointed in your stay. The registration building is locked after midnight since there is only one employee on duty. The resort has plenty of parking, however it is a first come first serve and some areas fill up quicker than others, especially when the resort is full. The housekeeping and maintenance departments have been alerted to the issues you found in the room. The first thing the next morning the reservation manager did follow through with the airlines to expedite your refund.
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm a very open minded person so I thought the bad reviews couldn't be that bad... I was wrong. I'm not sure where to start. My kids didn't want to bath the tubs were so small and dirty. The water smelled. The tub was leaking through to the main floor soaking the couch. I had to have the maintance come fix it 4 times. I could go on and on about how bad this place is. The only positive was the pool.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stay. We have shared the leak issue with the maintenance department. Unfortunatley, we are reliant on the local utility company and can not change the water running through the resort or local area. We are glad you enjoyed our new pool area.

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!