“Lots of Fun - Great Water Park & Surf Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Fantasy World Club Villas
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   5005 Kyngs Heath Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #29 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Merritt Island, Florida
“Lots of Fun - Great Water Park & Surf Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Fantasy World Club Villas is an all townhouse (2-story condo-type units) resort with a new water park that is loads of fun. First the good - the new water park has two five-story water-slides and a long lazy river with plenty of free floats to use. Very fun for the adults and kids. You can even rent cabanas with TVs and ceiling fans. The zero depth entry pool was nice and the kids splash pad was absolutely wonderful for our 1 year old and our 7 year old liked it as well. There is also a Flow-rider type surf experience just down the block with very cheap rates for hotel guests ($10/30 mins). Our teens loved that!! There are kids and adult activities throughout the day including games and trivia (free) and crafts/t-shirt making with small fees. They have a virtual golf area in the activity center which was also great and cheap for hotel guests. There was a large playground area with sand right outside of our patio which was also great. We arrived early and the front desk was awesome. We had to wait just a little bit for our room but were able to use all of the facilities while we were waiting. Oh yes, Free WiFi too!!

Now for the average - The rooms are somewhat smaller than other condo-type units but we were comfortable with 2 adults and 4 kids. The appliances are also a little dated but were clean and worked great. Standard appliances throughout - refrig, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, blender, coffee pot and dishes/flatware/pans for cooking. TVs were kinda small and dated as well. The beds were not too comfortable but ok nonetheless. There are no "real restaurants on property but you can order grill type food (sandwiches, hamburgers, etc) from the bar for delivery. However, there are a number of restaurants (Chilis, Macaroni Grill, etc) within a five minute drive and several within walking distance across the street (TGIFs &CiCis pizza, etc). There is a Publix grocery store less than 5 minutes away which allowed us to have breakfast food, snacks and sandwiches in our room that saved a lot of money. The property itself is somewhat sprawling so if you are not by the water-park it is a little walk.

It was not crowded when we were there which made it very pleasant and allowed us to walk on the water-slides most of the day. Great place for relaxing on a day off from the theme parks or to just getaway for a couple of days. You can also watch fireworks nightly from your window or parking lot. We will definitely return for a family getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the waterpark.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Ponce, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The Villas were great we were six people we were all very comfortable. I requested a villa close to the main pool suggested by other peoples reviews and I got it, thanks because some of the villas were really far! The pool was awesome, loved the lazy river. My husband and my brother enjoyed watching the NBA finals at the bar next to the pool. My only suggestion is that the villa that we stayed in need an upgrade TV's were a little old and the washer and dryer a bit noisy but other than that i would definitely stay here again! Loved it!

Room Tip: Request a upgraded room next to the main pool.
New Port Richey, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Gotta love the location on a back road and close to publix. We did not know it was a 2 story villa until we arrived. Our boys loved running up and down the stairs. We did listen to one of the reviews that suggested requesting an updated room. Ours was updated in 2008. I like that the pool is open even in the rain as long as there is no lightning or thunder. Of course tropical storm debby was sitting in the gulf pounding us with rain 2 of the 3 days we stayed. On our last day when we checked out they said we could stay in the pool as long as we wanted to. They finally opened the slides after the tornado watches expired and they were great, very fast when you lay on your back! Our boys had a great time! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Indiana, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Villas are a bit dated and need a few repairs.

Beds are horrible. The king is two twin beds with a hard meeting in the center. When I asked why they said it was because they couldn't fit a king mattress up the stairs. I find that hard to believe but if so, they should add padding or foam or something. I barely slept for 3 nights. Also w.e had some ants in our villa and water came in through the sliding door when it rained.

There must have been a domestic dispute. Two sherriff in our villa area one afternoon and their cars blocked us

Could of had better hours for the pool.

Need ac to work in gym

Fantasy Surf is not right there but down the street.

Lazy river is great!!!!

Also, when you book from a hotel site, realize there is no housekeeping like a regular hotel.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I found Fantasy World Resort through BookIt.com. I had reserved several other locations initially, but until I read the reviews, I cancelled each one of them. about 8 out of 10 of the reviews I have read on Fantasy World Resort were great. I weed out the petty complants, etc. because there is no place like home. This place is a great choice. I am happy I decided on Fantasy World Resort. The people at the desk were happy and helpful. I was able to check in hours early so kudos for that. We are staying in the newly remodeled townhomes. My only suggestion is when you remodel......remodel. Overall the accommodations are nice; however, the carpet is spotty from wear and tear, the shower space is small (need a larger tub space), the internet/Wi-Fi is SLOW (reviews are dead on this one), and the furniture needs to be updated. Other than that, the place is perfect. I am already planning to return spring break. We just checked in today (June 23rd); I will post another review on Saturday June 30th when we check out. Hopefully things will be just as perfect, no problems. Stay tuned.

Room Tip: TV's in every room. Comfortable bedding/linen. Space.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had awsome time at Fantasy World. The staff was great, felt safe on the property & everything was very way to get to & close by. The only complaint if any was the bed in the master bedroom, needs a new or better mattress. My body was killing me each morning I woke up, so I would head straight to the jacuzzi at 9am.....which felt great. Kids loved the amenities, waterside lazy river, games etc.... I would return because of the value, just bring mattress pass next time...lol:-)

• Stayed June 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Was kinda nervous when booking my stay. Had never been to the area and with so many choices I want to make sure I picked a good hotel. And it was a good choice. Arrived a hour before check in and my room was already to go so the super friendly staff let us check in early. Pool was nice great hot tubs...but pool was closed on the saturday we where there (for something beyond there control). Room was nice clean and updated. It was very quiet around the place it was booked that weekend but never saw to many people. Also has a good location. Everyone that went with us ( 4 adults) said they would all.stay there again

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Fantasy World Club Villas? Share your experiences!