“Great for anyone as long as you don't overpay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando

You added Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando to your Saves list
Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3011 Maingate Lane, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Formerly Worldgate Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 25%
Ranked #50 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Great for anyone as long as you don't overpay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a newly renovated hotel. An old resort taken over by Radisson, it looks great and the cosmetics are nice. In the room the paint is a bit sloppy, but new flat screen tv, new huge fridge and great lighting all made up for it. Fully tiled floor - no carpet thankfully. 2 pools looked nice and were heated, although we did not use them. I booked through a third party company and only paid $35/night for what is normally $75-$100/ night on the hotel's website. Had I paid anymore I would've been disappointed, as were other guests I spoke to while there. Do not get a room on the first floor - cockroaches and lizards abound apparently. Our room was 2nd floor, right by elevator, huge room, overall clean, large spa size tub and huge counter in bathroom with excellent lighting. Upon arrival, there was a little water leaking from the toilet. We called maintenance and they took care of it in 10 mins flat. The fridge was so big and so cold that it froze our sodas and fruit salad! Also the hallways and rooms were so cold that we actually slept without the air conditioner running the first night - a first for us in Florida! Upon check-in I saw the sign about the $15 resort fee (which is very high in my opinion) and I asked about it knowing I was not going to use the pool, gym or anything on property at all. The clerk said since we booked through a 3rd party, we were all set and paid up and didn't have to pay the resort fee. What a nice way to welcome us! Did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on that. Otherwise it is the closest to Disney parks, about 8 mins away by car. I would definitely stay there again, but only if I'm paying what it's really worth, less than $50 a night. Do not get roped in by the timeshare people downstairs - they were annoying.

Room Tip: Do not pick a room on the first floor. Bring your own pillows like I did - pillows were hard.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 7, 2014

As yo u stated, the hotel has recently undergone a conversion to the Park Inn by Radisson, and as such, is still making some changes, especially to the overall appearance and the food court/lobby areas. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with everything happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Orlando Area.

Striving to make magical memories for all,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

pretty affordable, clean, quiet but close to everything, WiFi at rooms, got some car rental spots, an average pool, some restrooms hace to be updated, the driveway needs to be fixed though it's an awesome place to resto from theme parks

• Stayed March 2014
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 3, 2014

The hotel has recently undergone a conversion to the Park Inn by Radisson, and as such, is still making some changes. The driveway you mentioned should be fixed within the next few months. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with everything happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

charleston wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

everything with the hotel directly was awesome and would definitely go back again ,staff and room was really nice the only bad part was the shuttle service called platinum ..now don't let their name fool you because service and equipment was not platinum tin foil maybe but not platinum . the morning shuttle to park was late and then it broke down,they did eventually send anther shuttle the one with the square wheels , this thing shook so bad and then the evening shuttle was not there to pick us up from the park on time so the next day we ended up driving ourselves and paying for parking that we shouldnt had to,but the hotel part was great , and internal services was really nice, only change I think the hotel should make is their choice in shuttle service

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us and are happy to hear that your experience went well.

We will pass on your comments regarding the shuttle service to the company that handles this. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

On a side note, we invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may keep up with what is happening here at Park Inn by Radisson.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Orlando area!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel provides easy access to WDW. It is very clean and has ample parking. I loved the tile floors. We arrived very late and there was only one person on staff working. He was very patient considering the line of tired travelers at 2am. I would recommend two or more staff at from desk.

Housekeeping entered our room the next day even though we had a do not disturb sign on it.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff even when it is late, as they will help you out.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

We will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding housekeeping entering your room with a Do Not Disturb sign placed.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel recently changed ownership and is still in the midst of the turn over. (they don't have a permanent sign yet)
After reading some of the reviews here I was a bit afraid. We got this through a Living Social Deal a year ago and I am glad we waited so long to use it.
We stayed in a double queen room facing the fireworks at Disney on the 5th floor because of reviews we read here.
The rooms are renovated and are clean. The bathroom had a soaking tub which I SO needed after a day at Epcot.
Unfortunately the beds were not pillow top comfy beds. For that reason I would not stay here again. I did not sleep well either night.
Anything we asked for-coffee, cups was brought to our room quickly. The receptionist was a delight and we felt welcome. We did not use the pool but the area looked very resort pool-like.
We did have a fridge and coffeemaker in the room.

Room Tip: The highest floor on the side opposite the pool facing the fireworks.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Should you do decide to stay with us again, please call down to the front office and request a change of pillow. We do provide softer pillows (limited quantity) for those that request.

Please feel free to follow us on Facebook to keep up with all of the new services we will be providing to our guests. There are many exciting changes ahead for this year due to our most recent conversion to a Park Inn by Radisson.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback.

Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My family & a family friend stayed march 21st-23rd. I was eagerly looking forward to staying, it looked beautiful, modern, & the price was reasonable for the particular area. Upon arriving, we all realized our cell phones had no reception, we had to go outside or the common areas to talk, which led to no privacy. But, what really ruined the stay was when I left the hotel at a later hour of the evening (11:30) to purchase pizza for my group & was stopped in the parking lot because I seemed "suspicious" for being out so late & attempting to enter a hall that contained a group of high school students staying there. I had to enter that particular doorway due to having to park on the far end of the hotel, & it happened to be a shorter distance to my room. The person that detained me was not even hotel security but hired security for the high school group. He demanded my license & reason for being in the lot so late. I informed the management of the hotel & was assured he would speak to the security, & I do believe he actually talked to them, & assured me I'd be taken care of for having to go through the ordeal. I checked out the next day after the incident, & asked the day manager what the night manager meant by "taken care of". He returned the $40 resort fee with a insincere apology. I really think one of my two nights stay should have been comped, whereas the incident started at 11:30 & I did not get to bed until almost 3 am, & had to wake at 7 am. It put a huge damper on my last day in florida, not to mention lack of rest for a 13 hour drive home.

• Stayed March 2014
GstSvcsMgmt, Manager at Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando, responded to this review, March 24, 2014

As we are outside of the gates of Disney, we host quite a bit of student groups. For the security of the children visiting (and we are sure the ease of mind of their parents), extra security is normally on property - whether through the hotel or outsourced by the school. We apologize if it seemed that the security officer was a bit overzealous in keeping to the safety of the children. The groups are normally blocked in a separate section to keep everyone together.

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback. We hope that you allow us another opportunity to better serve you should you return to the Orlando area.

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This was the former Worldgate Resort taken over by Radisson. We travel through a time share quite a bit so have been in a variety of rooms and suites over the years. To make up for low quality room on our time share trip to Bahamas a year ago we were offered this deal of 3 nights Orlando/2 nights Daytona arranged by Holiday Host for $300. So we can't comment on the fairness of pricing here. Rooms are not resort quality however. Ours had just a small coffeemaker and refrigerator, not the kitchenette or even full kitchen and dining room we are used to at a resort. We were skeptical of the deal but this was a nice place. My wife and I stayed in the north tower. Nice, large room. 2 Double beds. everything very clean especially sheets and bathroom/tub. Walls a little thin as we did hear baby crying 2 nights next door but we slept well. Safe did not work but was replaced within an hour. Repair people/security were polite, friendly, and thorough. They told us work is being done to repaint all rooms and replace all beds with number beds. Desk called later to ask if we were satisfied. All hotel staff we ran into were friendly and efficient. Concierge very helpful and offered "local" advice. Outdoor pool and hot tub were clean and plenty of lounge chairs. Restaurant was fair. Service friendly but very slow despite few people for breakfast. Took more than 20 minutes for soft boiled egg. We find southern hospitality to be more laid back and slower than our faster paced northeast home. We like the leisurely pace on vacation but sometimes it can be overdone. Breakfast buffet could have been better supplied and food hotter. We ate late, within 15 minutes of closing time for breakfast so that may be why. Nice bar but we were too busy at night to spend time there. Large variety of restaurants nearby. The hotel is 3 miles from Epcot parking. Great location and pretty easy in and out onto the highway. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson, Orlando-Celebration. We appreciate you staying with us. An important note to our guests, 80% of our resort is operated as a hotel. Therefore, the rooms do not have kitchens, kitchenettes, or dining rooms. The other portion is timeshare and is handled by a different party -- not the Park Inn by Radisson.

We will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding the Breakfast buffet to our restaurant manager. The buffet has been revised to include more items for our guests and it may be taking a little while for the staff to get used to the high volume coming through. Not to worry, we will remedy this immediately!

As you have stated, we have most recently converted and are still in the process of making further changes to the resort itself. We invite you to keep up with what the hotel is doing on our Facebook page so that you may see the changes for yourself.

Striving to make magical memories for all,

Been to Park Inn By Radisson Resort and Conference Center Orlando? Share your experiences!