“Avoid at all costs!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Budgetel Inn to your Saves list
Budgetel Inn
Budgetel Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4104 West Vine Street (Hwy 192), Hwy-192 & Hoagland Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34741 (Formerly Days Inn Kissimmee - Hwy 192)   |
Ranked #135 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Gloucester
“Avoid at all costs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is easily the worst hotel that I have ever come across and would advise anyone to steer well clear!
After a long and delayed flight, we needed a convenient bed for the night before moving onto our villa the next morning. We asked for a recommendation at the airport desk and unbelievably they sent us here!
We arrived in a torrential rain storm and initially we thought the place was shut as there didn't appear to be any lights on and there was a solitary car in the car park. However we found the dingy reception and tentatively made our way in. The first thing you noticed were the mis-matched polystyrene tiles on the ceiling, followed by the tired and sad interior, furnished as cheaply and minimally as possible and that must have been 30 years ago! There were groups of rather dodgy looking people hanging outside the front too. One of them came in to ask the room rate and when told said it was too much so they just hung around outside.
I asked to use the toilet and rather wished I hadn't. It was blocked and filthy, with not toilet roll or anyway of drying your hands. I'm shuddering as I remember it.
The rooms were just plain awful. My daughter's room had a large wet puddle on the carpet which we are sure was urine as the room stunk. Another family member pulled back the sheets on her bed and was sure that she wasn't the first person to have slept in them. The bathrooms were dingy and in need of a good clean, the decor and furnishings from the1970's.
Even more disturbing were the people who were sitting in their rooms in darkness with the curtains open.......
We decided that there was no way we could stay and whilst on our way back to reception to hand the keys in, followed a police man in who had come to follow up on a incident that had taken place there, which I believe was a domestic argument. We heard a lady say that the row had kept her up to the early hours of the morning.
Other than the gentleman on reception who was very helpful and polite, this hotel has simply no redeeming features and should be shut and completely refurbished as soon as possible.We are still incredulous that the airport sent us there!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here -sleeping at the aiport would be preferable!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything about this experience was terrible. Upon check-in despite the fact that we had reserved a non-smoking room they told us the only ones left were smoking rooms. When we got to the room our room key did not work and we saw someone outside a non-smoking room smoking. We returned to the lobby, and waited in a long line of complaining customers. They "fixed" our room key and it still didn't work. Finally, a staff member had to come and open it with his key and we were left without a room key for the night. The conditions of the room were horrible. There were dead roaches in the bathroom and shower, there wasn't a towel in the room, it reeked of smoke, and there wasn't a fridge or microwave as advertised. There were people loudly arguing outside and there was no free wifi. We wouldn't have stayed, but I was traveling with two young children and it was 10:00 at night. In the morning, there was no complementary breakfast as described and I would have asked for my money back, but there was a long line of angry customers asking for there's. The staff even claimed that they didn't have a website! I have traveled extensively through the U.S. and Europe and this is by far the worst place I have ever been.

• Stayed December 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed only one night. Party of 5 paid extra for additional person in room which slept on the floor. Before taking a road trip make reservations first. I did not, my bad. Also paid for extra towels we couldnt bath properly since tub did not drain properly
Yuck! The room smelled of cigarettes. The box spring showed and had nasty stains. Double yuck!! Buy that is what you find at midnight last minute.

• Stayed May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

When we made the reservation, the Budgetel Inn website specified that the wifi and breakfast was included in the price. That was not true! They don't serve breakfast, and you can only access the free wifi at the lobby. By the way, the lobby is dirty and scary like the rooms. If you stay with them, bring cockroach spray.

• Stayed December 2012
Granby, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Cockroach in the bathroom, strange smell, dirty room, no cold water (!), half a bottle of shampoo... I think that says it all.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Well I would start with the wifi range is terrible the house keeping could be better they do got roaches in the rooms and the front desk people are very nice, I think is a lil over price oh plus no good channels on tv no HBO n like 19 working channel

• Stayed May 2012
Alpharetta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I had pre-paid and confirmed reservation through hotels.com. When I got to the hotel, there was a line of about 10 customers waiting to be assigned a room, only the first 2 in line got it and I don't think they even had a reservation. Then the clerk yelled to the rest that he doesn't have any room left, it didn't matter if we had reservations or not. So, after 10 hours of driving, I found myself and my family at midnight with no place to spend the night. Hotels. com couldn't find something affordable in the area; it was the begining of spring break.
What made me angry about this hotel was not only they gave up our reserved room to other people, but those were spanish speaking, just like the clerks and they were charging them higher rates than what they were supposed to for the favor.
I travel a lot all over the world, this was the first time when a confirmed reservation was denied. The major booking sites shouldn't do business with them anymore.

Room Tip: Go to Gator Motel close by; better rates, better service, same kind of rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Budgetel Inn? Share your experiences!