“Extremely Dangerous!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando

You added Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando to your Saves list
Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5840 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Formerly Days Inn Maingate East)   |
Ranked #96 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Florida
“Extremely Dangerous!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Our group rented three rooms. We got our keys, and all three rooms were dirty, unmade beds, and smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. (See pics of the 3 rooms we 1st walked into). We went to get this fixed, and many people were in the lobby complaining that there were already people in the room they checked into. They obviously have NO system to determine which rooms are rented and which ones are vacant. That is dangerous!!

There were a few other issues- I got locked inside the bathroom. (see picture of door handle) Once in, there is no way out (serial killer's room??) I was concerned that someone might walk into our room. For quick safety, I made a makeshift "Do not Disturb" sign. The next morning we were provided "fancy" "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door handle, but it was stolen off my door within the hour. My friend observed a man paying $450 cash for 13 rooms by men he believed to be a group of pimps or drug dealers. I was awoken each morning by an extremely high pitched whistling sound- that was the shower. My friend went to check out the hot tub, and he said it was barley a warm tub. There wasn't much available in the free breakfast, but I observed a lady put at least a dozen pastries in her purse. Some real low class people stay here. This is NOT a place for kids. It is outright dangerous.

On the positive side, it is within walking distance from Old Town, which is a really fun place to hang out. There was also a nice flat screen tv in our room. Believe it or not, the elevator worked. The staff did what they could to make up for things. We were each given a free drink coupon after being given dirty rooms. We also went with some super cool friends who laughed a lot and made the best of it.

Strangely enough, The review just before mine “Drug deals going down at the front door! Stay away!!!!!” is not from someone in our group. We didn't go to the Holiday Inn.

Here's my advice to you. Don't give these people a penny until you see your room. Double lock your doors. Keep your valuables in the car. Also, bring a lot of booze. You will probably need it. If they could get their booking system fixed, amp up the security a bit, and make some minor repairs, this place wouldn't be too bad.

Room Tip: View your room before you pay. Some rooms are more updated than others.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were given our keys and went to our three rooms and all three were occupied. Went back and got three other rooms that were also occupied. Witnessed a drug deal at 5pm at the front door of the lobby. Loitering all over the whole property. Guy at the desk was completely incompetent and uncaring. Three other people came back for a refund while I was there. I went to the Holiday Inn half a mile down the road and I would suggest you do the same.

• Stayed February 2014
Lake Wales, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

First, I have to chuckle at some of the reviews. Those complaining about the "Continental" breakfast being only prepackaged muffins,cereal, coffee, oatmeal, and some fruit. HELLO, that IS what a continental breakfast is. And it's FREE! I'm only assuming that some of these reviewers have mansions, personal chefs, maids, and only stay at the Ritz Carlton!

We are talking budget hotel here. You must review according to that. If you want beyond continental breakfast, then go off-property to other restaurants. Granted there are some legitimate concerns in some reviews, but just tell the staff! That is what they are there for.

Now, my review.
We paid $120 for 3 nights! GREAT deal for what we were looking for. We were taking our spring vacation early because we are moving over our real spring break. For us, a hotel is all about sleeping, showering, and maybe a little rest/TV/pool time.
Roomba is in the middle of renovating so you have to take that in to account. The rooms have some more work to be done, BUT they were super clean! NOT a speck of mold in the shower/tub. AND my boys loved the deeper old style tub. Great for bath time!

Yes there were a few odds and ends that needed attention. The faucet plate for the shower was loose but in no way affected the shower. The tile work isn't the best along the baseboards, but who cares! It was clean.

I saw many complaining of no hot water. But ours was perfect! As far as the Wi-Fi, the password and User ID is on the map. The Wi-Fi speed just depends on time of day.
If you are needing to stay for business and use the internet a lot I wouldn't recommend it, but for just the fun trip, and wanting to upload photos to Facebook or similar, the Wi-Fi is just fine!

Yes, they only have about 30 channels, but it was enough for us. I mean my goodness, you are not in the comfort of our own home. If you want to watch TV, stay home.

The pool area as just beautiful, and the hot tub great! My boys LOVED it. Now it was chilly out this Valentine's weekend so we couldn't get in the pool.
If anything, I would say the pool being heated would be my biggest issue. Which is why I gave Roomba 4 instead of 5 stars.
But it was nice to sit out there while the boys sat in the hot tub! I love the covered bar area and I hope it's open in the summer!!

Yes, the outside walkways do need to be redone. I think ripping up the carpet and doing an acid wash on the cement to make it look marble would be awesome! But I'm sure they are getting there. Renovation takes time!

There was a new young lady working the desk when we checked in on Friday evening and she was so nice. For being new, and handling many situations at once, I give her huge props!!

The beds for us were firm which we like! The coffee was great! I love the single serve packets. The micro and fridge were great additions. The two desks were great!! Someone commented about 80s style furniture. Again, who cares? It was still clean!

Check out our pictures! You'll see the boys and I didn't seem to bothered by anything! :)

My boys actually loved the continental breakfast! They ate the heck out of the cereal and oatmeal!

All the staff was so nice.
Please don't forget to leave a small tip each day for the housekeepers. They were awesome. I asked for extra toiletries and coffee, and boy they were generous :)

Oh and yes, it is not a sound proof hotel. Again, if you are wanting a "stay in the room, relaxing" stay, you may want to look elsewhere, but if you are visiting the Orlando area to do all the attractions and basically want a place to sleep, take a swim, unwind in the late evening, then this place is perfect.
I honestly loved that I didn't feel like I had to tell my children to be quiet every 2 minutes. It's nice to know other children are playing too!

If you are a light sleeper, do what we do. Bring a fan for white noise and ear plugs. We had no problem sleeping!

I would absolutely stay here again.. It was so nice to be able to walk over to Old Town and Fun Stop in the evenings after our Disney Days!

I just wish they had a rewards program where after booking/staying so many nights you get one free!

For $40 a night it is perfect!!

Room Tip: Get a poolside room. Pretty view! Top floor if people walking above you bothers you! Continental...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The lines to check in were outrageous and the staff did not know which were available and which rooms had guest already in there. Ppl kept coming in with complaints.. The key didn't work, ppl coming in to the rooms, dirty rooms.. you name it some guy came in complaining that they gave him a room with a hole in the wall. The A/C didn't work, ant all over the bathroom. The location was great but please spend a little more and stay elsewhere.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I found this on line at a decent price of 57.00. I prepaid. I came to check in at 5:00 PM and was greeted with a line across the whole lobby. People had been standing there for 2 hours. Meanwhile, the ones they have checked in are coming back because their door is stuck or the key won't work. I finally got to the desk after standing for 1 hour and 35 minutes. I told them I had prepaid and showed them the reservation receipt. They were waiting for the rooms to be cleaned. They would call the maids and them write down the room numbers that were complete. I finally got assigned a room after 30 minutes at the desk, for a total of 2 hours. We went to the room and our key wouldn't work. We tried it multiple time and we noticed the curtains move. The door opened next door and a lady came out screaming at us asking at we wanted. She said that they had been there all week and the room next door was her kids room. I went back to the lobby, there is still a line out the door. After 30 minutes of standing there and explaining what happened, she gave us another room. The second floor landing cracked and gave under the carpet as we walked along to our room. The room was clean. The beds were hard as boards. The shower head spewed water across the bathroom as it was broken at the neck. We did not get to do anything at Disney as we had planned. My daughter cried her eyes out. The next morning for check out, another long line. We were leaving earlier than check out. There were multiple people complaining about their bills. Something told me to check my bank account. Low and behold, there was a 92.00 charge from the hotel there. So I got billed from the booking site and the hotel. I paid triple! I specifically made sure on check in that she knew I had already paid. She said " I know, you won't be charged," . Yeah, right. I demanded they refund the amount and give me a refund receipt. She said that it would be back on my card in 2 to 3 days. I have a feeling I will have to spend weeks of my time disputing this with my bank. I learned my lesson, next time spend a little more and get a nice hotel. By the way, they say that they are "under new management" and they are sorry for the issues on the bad posts here. If this is new management, I would hate to see the old management!

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Had to book a last-minute trip for personal reasons and found Roomba through a Travelocity search where they happened to be running a "Sale" at this property. The rooms in the area were running $200 so $46 was a "deal with a risk".

Conveniently located 2 miles from Celebration Hospital, you could tell that this was an attempt to renovate something that had probably been a Days Inn, Motel 6 or something similar. Cheaply done with bright colors, flat screens everywhere and rough towels and smelly soap and shampoo.

My shower was either boiling hot or cold -- you soaped up in hot, jumped back and then under the water again to rinse off. Felt like I was in another water park.

Noise from people coming and going made it difficult to sleep -- as did the light that leaked into the room from the parking lot.

When I returned to my room after a day out, I found my trash can had been emptied -- but the garbage back (with my trash in it!) was now in my sink!

The wooden door jamb in the bathroom had seen better days as it was completely rotted out.

If you are only looking for a place to "crash" -- it's okay but, Buyer Beware!

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Largo, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We got to the hotel that we had previously booked 3 separate rooms for around 10PM, Valentine's night. Total of 5 people, 2 couples, 1 single. The rooms we booked were 2 king rooms, one double room. After our 45 minute wait to check in, they couldn't give us the rooms we booked. After driving 3 hours from home, this obviously is NOT what we needed. The lady was kind enough to offer a large suite for the 5 of us to share. Valentine's night when we booked THREE rooms? Yeah, okay. We told them that was not an option to which point they told us we can have 2 rooms with 2 beds in each or this large room to share. I did not drive 3 hours from a King size bed to sleep couples in a double bed.

I do NOT ever recommend going to this hotel. There were several other people that had checked in to get to their room and come back because keys didn't work, someone else was already occupying the room, it was dirty, etc.

Needless to say, by 11:30 they could not offer us anything other than a double bed, and being the holiday, no other hotels in the area had open rooms.. Leaving us no choice but to drive all the way back home to sleep in our own bed. What a waste of a day, especially, Valentine's night.

Room Tip: One that isn't at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Roomba Inn & Suites Orlando? Share your experiences!