“Another great trip to the Cove” 5 of 5 stars

You added Cypress Cove Nudist Resort to your Saves list
Cypress Cove Nudist Resort
4425 Pleasant Hill Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
De Pere, WIsconsin
“Another great trip to the Cove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I have been regular visitors to Cypress Cove since 2000. Each year our only regret is that we have to leave! This year was no exception. We were there from April 10-17. Our room was very clean and the grounds were well manicured. The entire staff was very cordial and made our stay trouble free. We ate several times at the Lakeside Restaurant and Cheeks Bar & Grill. As always, the food was delicious and reasonably priced. We enjoyed shopping at the boutique which had new and appealing merchandise at affordable prices. Massages were offered daily and worth every penny! Wi-Fi worked great in the villas, at poolside, and in the restaurants. Every day we loved our nude walk on the paved streets throughout the neighborhoods and RV park. Ted and his staff are continually making improvements to all of the facilities. Best of all are the wonderful people you meet and/or know from prior visits. To top the week off we had wonderful weather. Can't wait for a return trip back!

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our third time there and as always it is just fantastic. Just wish that I lived closer and could go there every weekend. This trip I actually decided that I would like to retire there. I said to my GF that when I become old and grey I would like to live here permanetly. She quickly shot back, "honey, you are old and gray!!!" Well, I guess I meant when I become older and grayer. The people are so nice and friendly, both the employees and patrons. I have read some of the reviews and do not understand the negatives. The place does'nt purport to be the Waldorf. I feel like I know some of the employees already. I just love the food, in both restaurants. I just wish that I had started going there 40 years ago. We love to shoot pool, swim, hit the whirlpools, go in the peddle boats, sunbathe, shuffleboard. Next trip we hope to try the tennis and golf. Thanks to all the staff and owner!!! P.S. I forgot to mention how much we enjoy the gym.

Room Tip: We loved 1106 because it was ground floor and a corner room with a couch.
Winter Haven, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Cypress Cove is awesome! Our second time here. When you come through the gate you are in a whole new world. We hate to go back out that gate!!!! Everyone is so friendly, the rooms are clean, the pools and hot hubs awesome also. Cheeks has great food. And you have to try the lake side restaurant nude dining on Thursday..Free glass of wine!

adger
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

..I highly recommend this resort..The only negative I have is I don't like sharing the bathroom in the hotel section. My friends on naturistmingle.com recommend it to me. I go there quite often in summer and find the people friendly, the atmosphere relaxing and the facilities second to none.
very relaxed and comfortable environment

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
coveblue, Owner at Cypress Cove Nudist Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed the facilities. I'm not sure what you meant by the "sharing a bathroom in the hotel section," but I don't want readers to get the wrong idea. All hotel rooms and apartments are fully equipped and all have private bathrooms. Hope to see you again soon!
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was the photographer at a Beach Wedding at Cypress Cove last weekend. What a beautiful location. It could not have been more wonderful. The blue sky and beautiful lake behine the bride and groom in whitel After the wedding, we went to the pool bar for drinks and dancing. Everyone was so friendly and treated us so well. A very low cost but beautiful wedding. Who could want for more.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Halfway through our 10 day stay at the Cove in March I asked my GF if there was anywhere else she'd like to go for spring vacation. She said no...she loves coming to Cypress Cove. Over the last few years we've spent a week to 10 days every spring. We start to count down early in November.

We've made good friends we look forward to seeing every year. We play Petanque every day and we try to get a long walk around the grounds every morning. This year we went offsite a couple of times to visit restaurants but with the two restaurants and bars there really isn't much need to. We each got a massage at the spa near the west pool and we attended a dance with a really good 2 piece combo.

The staff is great and very attentive to any needs. This year our room had had some upgrades; a microwave, a new fridge and a new HVAC unit.

Mostly we just relaxed. It's impossible not to relax at Cypress Cove. If you're a long time nudist or a newbie, you'll love it here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My fiancee and I live in FL and stayed at Cypress Cove overnight to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios. We wish we devoted our stay to Cypress Cove because HS was a rip-off and a let down - do not go to that park!

A lot of the reviews say the rooms are out dated or they have a smell to them. First, the rooms are very well clean and contrary to what is pictured on their site, they are equipped with nice LCD TVs. Secondly, this is FL . Swimming pools and beaches are second nature. The 'smell' people complain about is extremely common - it's not a stinky mold but just a semi-noticeable smell of drying water, I've paid for 4 star hotels in South Beach that have the same smell but was much more noticable. It doesn't hang and you don't notice it after a minute or two. We had a comfy leather couch and you can't get closer to the pool if you asked. Complaints we saw on TripAdvisor about the room were completely unfounded and were better than expected.

You get a personally guided tour on your first visit - the staff is very nice and the guests/members are inviting...in fact they make it a point to shout "Welcome to the club!" when they see you being guided around.

There are two pools - the smaller one has more of an older crowd whereas the larger one has a more diverse crowd. Get a chair early because they do fill up quick! This is a nudist resort so people will jump at the opportunity to grab as much sun as possible, I don't the think there is a lack of chairs at all - but I can understand where people may complain the inability to get a chair where they want as a complaint as a 'lack of chairs'

The food is affordable and quite good - everyone has a personal favorite diner that serves good quality food without breaking the bank...this is the exactly what you get. The fries are really good! The lakeside restaurant was great service took a bit longer compared to a textile restaurant but I think that is mostly because the room was full and they were understaffed. We tipped extra because we saw they were doing everything to keep everyone happy.

The drinks are out of this world. I've never had a better mudslide! Though they cost a bit more ($20 will pay for 2 drinks and tip) I think there is a reason for that...they're not skimping on that!

The grounds are very well maintained and clean. Plenty of areas to walkabout, I enjoyed walking around the property admiring the pre-fab houses. Everyone waves and has a smile. The closest to utopia I've seen.

As with most nudist clubs, there is an obvious presence of the older crowd (we're in our early 30's, late 20's) but is isn't overwhelming to the point where you feel like a black sheep. There is a good diverse crowd, especially by the larger pool. The fiancee got a 1.5hr massage - which she remarked as one of the best massages ever. The masseuse was similary aged..not that it extremely mattered but I can imagine a 25 year old would be hesitant if massaged by a nude 70 year old man...glad to know that wasn't the case!

Another thing we hate when staying at a hotel with a pool are kids screaming obnoxiously - while there were young ones there, they were all well-behaved and didn't interfere with us enjoying the sun. Everyone respects your space and you can always strike up a friendly conversation.

Though their boutique was closed for Easter Sunday, that didn't stop me from buying a lot of merchandise from their front office. They have the perfect hat I've been looking for, zippers and pockets to hold thing in - it's made for nudists!

The lake is very serene - they have paddle boats you can rent for FREE. We wanted to do this but the happy laziness of relaxing by the pool set in - so we'll be doing that next time.

Though we only stayed over night, we plan on going again real soon and just staying there. Really couldn't have been a more enjoyable experience. We plan on becoming members after our next visit.

There is a reason this place is ranked in the top 3 hotels of the area...you'd be insane (or afraid of nudism) to want to go anywhere else!

The most disappointing part was having to put our clothes back on and driving back home to reality.

Room Tip: You can't find a bad room. Period. The hotels are built central to the most populated areas of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cypress Cove Nudist Resort? Share your experiences!