For the price I feel this was a great value hotel. We stayed in first week of Dec. 2006 and paid $62 (week day) and $72 (fri/sat) triple A rate but they never asked to see our triple A card. The room was capable of sleeping 6 - we were 2 adults and 2 small children and the room was more than adequate. Hotel provided us with a pack and play which fit between the two beds. The room came with fridge, microwave, coffee maker and safe. Overall the hotel seemed very clean. Free breakfast was included every morning from 6am-10am. More than adequate food - bagles, toast, muffins, waffles, yogurt, coffee, juice, cereal etc...Pool and area was nice and clean. Hot tub relaxing. Very close to Disney. Extremely close to grocery store and restaurants and fast food all along 192 - some walking distance. I found the elevator quick and convenient.
The bad - and this is just nit picky stuff because I feel I got more than $62 worth of hotel.
The room carpet had some stains - as did bathroom floor - though overall I felt the room was mostly clean and much cleaner and fresher than other hotels for this price.
I found the lighting in the room was not very bright because all the bulbs in all the lamps were those energy efficient bulbs. But during the day with the blinds open the room was light and airy.
Biggest issue is that the sink/ vanity/ mirrors are all inside the bathroom...so if someone is using the bathroom everyone else cant use those other things...not one mirror outside the bathroom - weird. Wasnt a problem for us though!!
I felt fairly safe (Im always on alert in strange places) but I would say anyone could easilly walk right onto the premisses. Though I feel that is the situation in most of these hotels that have outside corridors.
We were there at a fairly quiet time of year and everything was quiet but I could see how the breakfast area could totally be overrun during the busy times.
We moved on to stay at Disneys Wilderness Lodge for a few nights after this which was AWESOME!! (but even that had a stagnent oder in the bathroom) and it was TRIPLE the price.
I would totally recommend this hotel to a friend. I think its a great bang for your buck. You get the free breakfast included. You get a hotel with a kiddie pool and hot tub. Very clean. For someone on a tight budget this is a highly adequate hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located two miles west of the Walt Disney World entrance. This Award winning hotel offers Complimentary breakfast, Free Shuttle to major theme parks and Free wireless Internet. Studio Suites sleep six people with two queen beds and sleeper sofa, refrigerater, microwave, coffee maker. All rooms refurbished in 2007, tastefully decorated with new furniture, carpet, bedding, linens. Oversized heated pool, Jacuzzi and poolside Cabana Bar. Eleven restuarants within walking distance as well as shopping center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Suites Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Maingate Hotel Kissimmee
- Maingate Comfort Suites
- Comfort Suites Kissimmee
- Comfort Suites Maingate Resort
- Kissimmee Comfort Suites